Chapter 31
3.4k 2 85
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After returning to the ORC at night I did my training as usual and today was much better than yesterday as I sustained much less injuries than yesterday.

 

After that I had to go on a summons. Today there was no summoning circle distribution.

 

Issei and the others also went to their respective summons as well.

 

As soon as I opened my eyes I found myself in a room, it wasn’t big and luxurious and looked decent, this house looked  ordinary.

 

Then I heard a voice from behind.

 

“Hmm hmm. Well, well, if it isn’t a Devil-kun!”

 

The voice sounded joyful.

 

It was the voice of a young male and hearing it made me shudder cause I think I know whose voice that is.

 

I turned out slowly and saw my worst fear has come true. Here he was with his short white hair and red eyes Freed Sellzen.

 

He was looking at me with a wicked grin in his face.

 

Man why me? Wasn’t this supposed to Issei’s client?

 

Somehow with the way things are I feel like I have replaced Issei as everyone’s punching.

 

Oh well right now I can’t escape I have to fight if I want to live. I don’t have time to call for help.

 

In front of Freed the summoner was lying on the floor with blood all over, he had cut so badly that his organs were showing, it looked like Freed just killed him.

 

“Gough”, I almost puked. It took a lot of will power not to. After seeing this in front my disgust for Freed which was already there increased ten fold.

 

Freed didn’t seem bothered as began singing, “I’m a priest~♪ A boy priest~♪ I cut down devil-like people~, and I laugh at them~♪ I cut the head of you Devils, and receive my meal~♪”

 

Then he continued, “My name is Freed Sellzen. I belong to a certain Exorcism organization. Ah, just because I introduced myself doesn’t mean you have to. I don’t want to remember your name in my memory, so please don’t. It’s okay, since you are going to die soon. I will make sure of it. It might hurt at first, but later you will feel so good that you will cry. Now let’s open the new door -ZE!”.

 

Yes this guy’s really mad. I internally sighed.

 

As formality I asked, “You killed that guy right? Why did you do that?”.

 

He said, “Yes, yes. I killed him. Because~, he was a regular criminal who has been summoning Devils, so I had to kill him”.

 

Yes typical excuse of psychopath.

 

He continued, “Huh? Are you shocked? Aren’t you running away? That’s weird? Really Weird. I mean humans who make a pact with Devils are scum. Scum indeed. Can’t you understand that? No? Is that so? Well you are a scum Devil after all”.

 

I sighed and said, “ Honestly having a conversation with you is a waste of my time, so let’s get down to business and fight shall we?”.

 

Saying that I summoned my sacred gear.

 

[Power up!] x 5

 

[Distribute!]

 

Then I summoned my sword, “Dragon sword”. A sword of dark red dragon energy formed on my hand and I got in a battle stance as I added wind magic to my feet in preparation to counter his speed.

 

To be honest I didn’t know if I could face him. He is as fast and as skilled as Kiba, I might be able to match his speed but not his technique. But I have no choice.

 

“OOOO this is getting interesting, you intend to put up a resistance huh? Just how I like it. I will enjoy killing you”, he said with a weird and twisted smile and took out a gun and sword with no blade, only the hilt.

 

BOOOM.

 

With that sound a beam of light escaped from the hilt and the sword became a sword of light.

 

I got ready to face him.

 

He continued, “So can I cut you? Can I shoot you? Is it OK? Okay then. Now I’m going to stab your heart with this blade of light, and I’m going to blow your head with this cool looking gun! Man, I’m seriously going to fall in love!”

 

“Quit talking taking and fight will you, you twat”, I spat out impatiently.

 

Anger showed on his face and he said, “You kind of irritate me  you know?”.

 

SWIFT!

 

Freed came sprinting towards me.

 

He slashed with his sword.

 

I used my enhanced speed with my wind magic to react and parried.

 

I then felt something hit me but it ricochet off. It was a shot from the gun, I could tell cause smoke was coming out of it, but it was silent. Crap I didn’t realize it from the anime that it is silent.

 

Thanks to my Rook’s defense I was able to get away from getting hurt.

 

“Tch Rook’s defense”, said Freed.

 

Freed said, “Die, die, Devil! Die Devil! Turn to dust and disappear! This is all for my entertainment!”.

 

As he moved away and started slashing with sword with very fast speed and precise movements.

 

I parried as much as I could and even attacked him as well.

 

The result?

 

I managed to give his two shallow slashes on his arms while he managed to wound me in several places. Although the wounds weren’t deep it hurt like hell cause my light weakness.

 

 My consciousness was starting to waver but I held on with sheer will.

 

Damn I am in a tight spot. I hope Rias quickly notices my injury and comes to rescue otherwise I am fucked. And also damn if I can’t even fight Freed properly how am I supposed to fight Raynare? I can’t even use my fire magic in this building otherwise I risk burning everything down including myself.

 

While my sacred gear does increase the strength of my swings it does nothing to increase my speed.

 

Freed was laughing madly ready to finish me off.

 

“Please stop”, I heard a familiar girl’s voice and I knew who it was considering the place and situation.

85