Chapter 72
3.3k 11 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I started training again two days after the party. I trained day and night like before.

 

Rias told me that I didn’t really need to and that only Issei needed it and she could tell KIba or Koneko to help him but I insisted. I had to get stronger after all.

 

So, Rias continued to help with our morning workout. Asia acted like a manager and gave me verbal support.

 

In the evening training I trained my sword skills, martial art skills and more importantly my magic. I need to get stronger as soon as possible as the future threats are way bigger than “fried chicken” and also my weakened state, yes with Rias and Akeno’s help it’s possible to alleviate it but you can’t be sure what the situation will be during the battle.

 

The thing I lack right now is a long distance move. I really don’t have any moves to target people at a distance , I can use magic for that but unless I can use a move derived from my sacred gear the attack power won’t really be as good as it can be. Hmm..so what kind of move should I develop?

 

Issei’s “Dragon shot” is a good long distance move in that it’s powerful but it’s flaw is that it travels in one straight line as in it can be easily dodged.

 

I need a move that is long but it’s difficult to dodge, even if it’s not as powerful as Issei’s move. It needs to hit the opponent. I can increase the power over time as I get stronger.

 

Hmm…I know. I can use that move from that anime. So I closed my eyes and stretched out my right hand with my sacred gear summoned.

 

I concentrated a bit and then opened my eyes. I had a smile on my face. Around me and on top of me were several swords made of “Dragon aura” that were floating in the air.

 

I waved my hand towards a tree, targeting it. They all sped towards that target and hit the tree. Success! I then made several swords again and this time ordered them to go in different directions, which they did. Success again! I can control the trajectory of each of them individually.

 

This is exactly what I wanted. Now, each sword is weak compared to a single sword made up of concentrated aura but if I have this high number of swords at least some will hit the opponent.

 

My long distance move is a success. I will call this move ,”Unlimited Sword Barrage”. Yes, I know what you are thinking, but I want to be original, even if my naming sense sucks, ok?

 

Akeno who was overlooking my training said, “Ara ara did you make a new move? As expected of Akira-kun”, with a smile.

 

I smiled and said, “Thank you”.

 

I have told everyone that the Hakuryuukou is coming and that he is quite strong. Though I haven’t said the relevant details as I will either reveal them later or it will be revealed to them as I don’t want my secret to be revealed.

 

The others don’t seem to be worried though.

 

Rias said, “We will worry about Hakuryuukou when he appears”.

 

Everyone nodded. Issei added, “Besides , you are quite strong yourself Akira”.

 

I sighed and said, “Currently I am nothing compared to him. I am like an ant compared to him. And not just me you need to improve yourself too. He’s more likely to target you more than me”.

 

“Really he is that strong?”, Issei couldn’t believe it. Sigh, no one is taking this seriously.

 

To be honest I feel really pathetic and weak. Being afraid of a host of a “Heavenly Dragon”, when I am the host of the “Apocalypse Dragon” but it’s true that I am still a lot weaker than Vali.

 

But regretting about it won’t change anything, I have to get stronger. So I train more.

 

I even showed Asia some basic martial arts for self-defense. She can use it if she is attacked by some guys with bad intentions when I am not around. Her strength is higher than a human’s so she be good on that aspect.

 

I also trained Gasper. I invited Saji to help as I requested him before.

 

Saji when he first came this happened…..

 

Saji came towards me and greeted me Koneko and Asia who were helping with training Gasper saying, “There you are, occult Research Club”.

 

“Hello Saji”, I said.

 

“You called me here to help train your hikikomori peerage member right?”, he said.

 

“Yes”, I replied.

 

He then turned towards Gasper and was startled and said, “Huh?” and then had a smile on his face saying excitedly, “A pretty blond girl?’.

 

I smirked and said, “No, a cross-dressing boy”.

 

To which he fell on his knees dramatically saying, “No..there’s no way this can be happening”, in a sad voice.

 

“I understand your sentiment”, I replied.

 

So we started training.

 

“Let’s go”, I said holding a ball in my hand. Oh right, I also had Gasper do some running to improve his stamina. Koneko helped with it, by using Garlic to scare him of course.

 

Anyway back to training with Saji.

 

“O-Okay..”, said Gasper. We were in our gym clothes. I was in my track suit and Asia and Gasper were wearing the girl’s gym clothes. We were inside the gym.

 

Saji had connected his sacred gear to Gasper’s head.

 

“Here I go”, I said and threw the ball towards Gasper.

 

Gasper tried to stop it with his power.

 

But after a second after the throw Gasper disappeared. Sigh, he stopped us again instead of the ball. And what’s more he tried to escape. But Saji’s gear was still connected to him.

 

“Huh, he’s gone?”, asked Saji.

 

“Looks like he ran away. he stopped us instead the ball, that’s not good”, I said.

 

Koneko dragged him back saying, “He was running off again”.

 

“I am sorry”, said gasper crying.

 

I looked at Saji and said, “Saji, could you absorb a little more?”. Saji was absorbing Gasper’s powers a little when he was using it.

 

He absorbed a little more. Gasper acted like he was touched at a wrong place or something, this was really weird.

 

“Thank you very much for the help Saji”, I told Saji.

 

“Don’t mention it. I am benefiting from this too”, said Saji with a smile.

 

Like this the training continued everyday.

 

Gasper improved a bit after a few days. But it was very slow. I was getting impatient. The days for that event are approaching.

 

Do I have to make him drink my blood? There doesn’t seem to be any other option for helping him control his power fast.

 

He needs to get used to it asap. But he hates drinking blood, that’s a problem. This was the reason why I didn’t mention it. But if things go like this I have no choice.

 

But will my blood even work? Issei’s blood works according to canon cause he is Sekiryuutei. But I don’t know if my blood will work.

 

Technically it should as I am a dragon too, and also my dragon is stronger. But I won’t know for sure unless tried. Should I just avoid taking risk and tell issei to do it?

 

It will be a lot asking for that but with how he is he will agree. But maybe my blood will improve control? Who knows?

 

Well let’s just use my blood if I have to give him blood for helping him control his power. It shouldn’t cause any problems.

 

Like this me , Issei and gasper continued to get stronger bit by bit everyday by training.

 

I don’t know if it’s enough to counter the threats we will face later but it’s what we can do for now.

 

I just need to make my mind and desire to be stronger be greater so that I can use them to power up when necessary.

71