Chapter 89
2k 5 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day I got up and went to school as usual with Rias and Asia. There wasn’t anything unusual except the usual stares I got from other students when I am accompanied by both Rias and Asia.

 

The spell seems to have worked. I am glad.

 

 I was chatting with Issei and his two friends in the corridor before class.

 

“Karaoke?”, asked Issei.

 

“It’s been a while”, said Matsuda.

 

“The one in front of the station not only has insert songs but character songs too!”, said Motohama.

 

“What was that about inserting?”, a voice behind Matsuda suddenly said.

 

“KIryuu!”, we all said together startled.

 

Kiryuu said putting her hands on her hips and with a smirk on her face, “Goodness gracious! Another morning spent talking about sex?”.

 

Seeing her made me seethe in anger but I controlled my anger and remained calm knowing that her memory has been erased.

 

“We were just talking about Karaoke!”, said Matsuda.

 

“Karaoke?”, said Kiryuu excitedly.

 

Then continued, “Sounds nice. I would love to go too”. Then turning back she asked, “ Wouldn’t you, Asia?”.

 

“Hey! You can’t just…”, said Issei as he glanced at me.

 

Asia came forward and then stuttered, “I-I…”. I sighed, well at least she remembers her fault. But I decided not to be a damper and said, “Alright let’s go together sometime”.

 

Asia smiled and said, “Yes!”. Matsuda and Motohama were crying and said, “Our dreams came true!”.

 

Issei asked me in a low voice, “Is that ok?”. I said, “Yes”. Issei nodded his head and like this the morning ended.

 

The day wasn’t decided yet but we agreed to go at a later date.

 

In the evening we went to the ORC room for the after school meeting. We discussed our recent contracts.

 

By the way, this is a good time to mention Azazel had been calling me and Issei on alternate days these days.

 

The last time I went we played video games from a game console. He had collected a lot of them. When asked he said, “I talked with your friend about his hobby and I tried this after hearing about it and liked it and since I am a collector I just had to collect all of them”.

 

This guy sure is weird but whatever, I got a few gold coins as compensation so it doesn’t matter.

 

Akeno wasn’t in the room when we were there. She entered a bit later.

 

“Ara ara, everyone is gathered already?”, said Akeno as she entered the room.

 

“Akeno? You are late”, said Rias.

 

“I have brought guests”, said Akeno.

 

Behind her Sona and Tsubaki entered. “Excuse us”, said Sona.

 

“The Student Council President & Vice-President?”, said Issei.

 

“She has some urgent business with Buchou”, said Akeno.

 

“Yes”, said Sona stepping forward.

 

“Rias, could you accompany me to my house?”, said Sona.

 

“No one will be able to interfere there”, continued Sona.

 

“This sounds like serious business”, said Rias with a serious face.

 

“Yes, quite serious”, said Sona.

 

After that Rias and Akeno went with Sona and Tsubaki while the rest of us were told to go home.

 

I had feeling I knew what was going on and on would happen when Issei got home today.

 

Issei asked, “Any idea what’s going on?”.

 

“Remember I told you about ‘Holy Sword’ wielders visiting and one being your childhood friend?”, I said.

 

Everyone was shocked. Issei said, “Y-You don’t mean?”.

 

Before I could answer Kiba said seriously, “They have come? Then it starts now?”.

 

I nodded and said, “Yes, as I said to you before, it’s about time to resolve your grudge”.

 

Kiba nodded. Koneko asked, “Yuuto-senpai will you be alright?”.  

 

“Yes, don’t worry I have talked with Akira and I have done some mental preparations for this”, said Kiba with a smile. Koneko nodded.

 

“By the way Ise”, I said. “Yes?”, asked Issei.

 

“Be careful. Your childhood friend will be visiting you today. If you have any problems use the summoning circles to summon us”, I said.

 

Issei nodded and said , “Yes”. But his face showed panic.

 

I just patted his shoulder and said, “Don’t worry they wouldn’t do anything to you with your mother present. These preparations are just to be certain. After they leave call me and tell me what happened. We’ll be worried”.

 

Issei got a bit of confidence and said, “Ok”.

 

After that we all parted with each other. Only Asia was with me.

 

“Will Ise-san be okay?’, asked Asia.

 

I nodded and said, “He should be”. Asia looked assured but I felt anxious.

 

After we reached home, I freshened up and waited for Issei’s call in my room. Asia was waiting for me.

 

Then after a while my phone rang.

 

I picked up and asked, “So, what happened?”. I put it on loudspeaker so that Asia could hear too.

 

“You, bastard. Why didn’t you tell me my childhood friend was a girl?”, came Issei angry voice.

 

Holding my laughter I asked, “Does it really matter?”.

 

“Of course it matters. It’s way different if it’s a girl rather than a boy. I never knew that I had a childhood friend who is a girl”, shouted. This, this reaction is what I was waiting for, it was worth it holding back full information.

 

“Sorry, sorry. But, tell me everything is ok right?”, I asked.

 

“Yes, they just talked with my mom mostly. We just had a brief conversation. They knew I was a devil. I also got an ominous feeling from them”, said Issei.

 

“Well, that’s expected they are people from the church after all. The ominous feeling is from the holy swords they were carrying”, I said.

 

“They were carrying the swords with them? You mean the thing wrapped up in white cloth? Wait, you said swords, I only saw one. Where is the other?”, asked Issei.

 

“Well, yes they were carrying the swords with them. Yu only saw one because the other was hidden. Anyway, glad that you are safe. See you later”, I said.

 

“Yes, see you later”, said Issei and hung up.

 

“It’s great that Ise-san is ok isn’t it?”, asked Asia happily. I smiled and said, “Yes”.

53