Chapter 90
2k 3 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Then suddenly my phone rang.

 

Ring! Ring!

 

It was from Rias. I picked it up and said, “Hello”.

 

Rias said, “Hello Akira, I am calling from in the middle of the meeting. Just like you said, the two ‘holy sword’ wielders have come. I am worried about Ise, can you check on him, it will be quicker for you to reach his house than me”.

 

“Don’t worry Rias”, I assured her. “Ise contacted me right now, he is ok, nothing happened. They left after talking with his mother. Everything is ok, you can concentrate on the meeting”, I continued.

 

“Thank goodness. Okay, I will come back after the meeting”, said Rias in a relieved voice.

 

“Okay”, I said and cut off the call.

 

“Now then”, I said as I looked at Asia. “What Akira-san?”, said Asia with a questioning look with a tilted head, honestly, she looked cute.

 

I smirked and said, “Well we have some time in our hands before Rias returns. How about we ‘get to know each other better’ in the meantime” with a wink.

 

Asia looked confused and she tilted her head again and said, “Get to each other better? But we already know a lot about each other”. Sigh, she is so innocent.

 

It looks like I will have to be more straightforward so I leaned in and started kissing her. Asia was startled for a second but then she responded.

 

We went all the way after that as I intended. At the end we were lying next to each other as Asia snuggled to me and said, “I love you Akira-san”. I smiled and replied, “Me too, I love you too Asia”.

 

When Rias arrived, she was a bit suspicious as Asia looked happier than usual, almost ecstatic. But since she was tired, she didn’t say anything. We didn’t have devil duty today as Rias had a meeting with the church duo tomorrow.

 

We went to sleep as usual.

 

The next day after school.

 

We, the members of Gremory group, were gathered in the club room. On the sofa, Rias with Akeno and the two “guests” were sitting. There was Irina Shidou, who is a beautiful young woman with violet eyes. She has long chestnut hair that is tied into twintails, each held with a blue scrunchy and Xenovia Quarta, who is a young woman with chin-length blue hair with a dyed green fringe on the right side and brown eyes.

 

 The other members of our group including myself were sitting in the corner of the room listening to their conversation. Ever since those two came to the club room, we couldn’t stop but feel something. Our instincts as devils were telling us that they were dangerous. Rias and Akeno were talking to them with a serious face.

 

Kiba was glaring at them but he seemed controlled and not prone to going berserk, like he was in the anime.

 

“Recently the Holy-swords Excaliburs that were kept by the Catholic Church Headquarter Vatican, Protestant Church, and Eastern Orthodox Church were stolen”, said Xenovia.

 

“……So what does the stolen Excaliburs have to do with this country located in the east of the World?”, asked Rias with her serious attitude.

 

She isn’t backing down even if it’s an Excalibur in front of her! She is holding her ground! Which is good, we need to be control. Issei was looking very nervous meanwhile. Asia was sticking to me.

 

Koneko was with her usual expressionless face.

 

“The Catholic Church was in possession of two Excaliburs including mine. The Protestant Church also had two. Also in the Eastern Orthodox Church there were two as well. The last one went missing in the previous war between God, devils, and fallen-angels. One Excalibur was stolen from each Church. The ones that stole them escaped to Japan, and brought them to this town.”, continued Xenovia.

 

Buchou put her hand on her forehead and took a breath and asked, “Looks like my territory is full of incidents. So who are the ones that stole the Excaliburs?”.

 

“The ones that stole them were the Grigori.”, said Xenovia. Buchou widened her eyes in surprise at the answer. I must say she is acting well, despite already knowing it beforehand.

 

“The holy-swords were taken by the fallen-angel organisation? It’s not a matter of mistake. But certainly it would be the fallen-angels when it comes to stealing them. For the devils working at the top, holy-swords does not give them much interest.”, said Buchou.

 

“We know the main culprit who stole the Excaliburs. One of the leaders of Grigori, Kokabiel.”, said Xenovia.

 

“Kokabiel… One of the leaders of the fallen-angels that survived the previous wars since ancient times…… I never expected to hear the name of the one that appears in the Bible.”, said Buchou as she smirked.

 

I applauded internally for her act, she deserves an Oscar for this.

 

“We sent priests, exorcists, to this town secretly but they kept getting killed.”, said Xenovia.

 

Everyone was shocked at the revelation, even Kiba. Makes sense, he didn’t encounter Freed or the priest he killed this time, due to my interference.

 

The church duo would suspect me if I said something so I remained quiet.

 

“Our request… No. Our order is to not to have any devils intrude in the battle between us and the fallen-angels for the Excaliburs. In other words, we came here to tell you not to interfere with this incident.”, said Xenovia.

 

Wow, she is really full of herself, isn’t she? Just because she has an Excalibur, she thinks she can order us. But she gets better later when she realizes the truth. For now, all I could do was shake my head internally.

 

Buchou’s eyes changed after hearing the way Xenovia talked, she said, “Such manner of speech. Is it restraint? Are you thinking that we might collaborate with those fallen-angels? Perhaps that we might team up with them to do something with Excalibur?”.

 

“The headquarters think that it might not be impossible.”, said Xenovia. This made my blood boil but I kept my cool. This isn’t the time to respond.

 

I have thought a way to make them cooperate with us to destroy the Excaliburs but that requires this meeting to go perfectly until the end when I will get my chance to out my plan into action.

 

There were chills within Buchou’s eyes. She was quite pissed! An enemy comes all the way to her territory. Then tells her not to be involved and not to butt in. Also they said whatever they wanted to by saying that they would not forgive us if we formed an alliance with the fallen-angels. Buchou’s pride as a high-class devil wouldn’t allow her to keep quiet about it. And she shouldn’t.

 

“The higher-ups don’t trust devils and fallen-angels. We were ordered as [If the holy-swords are taken away from God’s side then the devils would also be happy right? The fallen-angels would also profit from it. For those reasons it won’t be weird for them to form an alliance. That’s why we are giving you a warning. If you form an alliance with the fallen-angel Kokabiel then we will eliminate you all. Even if you’re the little sister of the Maou, by our boss.”, Xenovia said it casually without caring about Buchou’s glare.

 

Man, this girl, she really thinks she will win no matter what. But then I smirked internally thinking, ‘That’s great. That’s exactly what I want. If she’s like this, she would be easy to persuade’.

 

“……If you know that I am the sister of a Maou, then it means that you have lots of connections with the higher-ups in the Church. Then I will say it. We will not form an alliance with the fallen-angels. Never. In the name of the Gremory house. I will not do something that would tarnish the name of our Maou!”, said Buchou.

 

It had become a contentious situation for both sides. But Xenovia laughed and said, “Fu. Hearing that is good enough. I had to warn you just in case that Kokabiel is hiding himself in this town along with the three Excaliburs. If something were to happen I would be the one to be hated by the bunch in the Church headquarters. Well, we won’t ask for cooperation. If you were to form an alliance with God’s side temporally, then it would affect the balance of the three factions. Especially if it’s the little sister of a Maou.”

 

After hearing Xenovia, Buchou softened her expression and took a breath.

 

“Where is the person the Orthodox Church dispatched?”, asked Rias.

 

“They have that person put on hold for this case. They are planning to protect the last Excalibur if Irina and I fail.”, said Xenovia.

 

“So it’s just the two of you? You are going to retrieve the Excaliburs from the leader of the fallen-angel with just the two of you? How reckless. Are you trying to die?”, Buchou asked in an amazed voice.

 

Irina answered with straight eyes, “Yes”.

 

Xenovia also said with straight eyes, “I have the same view as Irina, but if it’s possible I don’t want to die.”

 

Wow, these people are really fanatics.

48