Chapter 95
1.8k 2 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xenovia and Irina both looked at each other and sighed. Then Xenovia looked at me and asked, “Even so, we can’t give up.”.

 

Irina then looked at me and added, “Yes, this is our mission for the lord.”.

 

I looked at both of them and sighed and said, “I envy your determination.”.

 

“Don’t make fun of our beliefs.”, said Irina angrily. I shook my head and said, “I am not making fun of your beliefs. Anyway, since you are so determined to go on your mission, I have a suggestion.”.

 

“What?”, asked Xenovia expectantly. “Well, how about we work together? If we work together, the chances of our winning increases.”.

 

“WHAT?”, shouted Xenovia and Irina together.

 

“Akira, what the hell are you talking about?”, said Rias flabbergasted. KIba glared at me.

 

I sighed and said, “Look, this is in all of our best interests. Kokabiel having the excaliburs are a bad thing to all of us. Besides, they said that even if they have to destroy the excaliburs it’s ok as long as they can get them off the fallen angels hand.”.

 

I then looked at Xenovia and said, “How about it?”.

 

Xenovia thought for a second and then said, “Yeah. Maybe it’s okay leaving one sword to you guys. If you can destroy it, that is. But make sure that your identities aren’t revealed. We also don’t want our high-ups and enemies to think that we are connected to you guys.”

 

“Hey, Xenovia re you sure? They are Devil’s you know?”, said Irina.

 

“You fought against too him Irina, we were badly defeated. He is correct, we cannot do anything if it’s just the two of us.”, said Xenovia.

 

“I know that. But...!”, said Irina.

 

“The minimum objectives we have to achieve are destroying the three Excaliburs or take them back. If our Excaliburs are going to be stolen as well then we should break them before it happens. Even if we use the last resort, there no chance that we will succeed in our mission and return home safely.”, said Xenovia.

 

“I know we thought the success rate of 30 percent was high enough and that’s why we came here, and we know now that we don’t have any chance, however this goes against our beliefs.”, said Irina.

 

“Yeah. And if the high-ups know this, they would probably still tell us to complete the mission on our own. It’s almost self-sacrifice.”, said Xenovia.

 

“Yes, that’s what I am saying. And isn’t that what we, the followers, desire for?”, said Irina.

 

“I changed my mind. My beliefs are flexible. So, I can act in the best way.”, said Xenovia.

 

“You! I have been thinking about it for a long time, but your faith is a bit weird!”, replied Irina.

 

“I won’t deny it. But I think that it’s our duty to accomplish our mission and return safely. I’m going to live and continue fighting for God. Am I wrong?”, said Xenovia.

 

“……You are not wrong. But...”, said Irina.

 

“That’s why we won’t ask for help from the Devils. Instead we ask for help from a Dragon. The high-ups didn’t tell us not to borrow the strength of a Dragon.”, said Xenovia and looked at me.

 

I smiled.  Hoh, as expected, this girl is an idiot but still wise when the push comes to shove, I can work with her.

 

“I never thought that I would meet Great Red in a distant country like this. Even if you turned into a Devil, I see that the dragon power within you is still present. You have the powers of one of the strongest beings in existence, correct? If you can attain that power, then you can break the Excaliburs without a sweat. I also think that it was God’s doing that we had this meeting.”, said Xenovia joyfully.

 

“C-Certainly they didn’t tell us not to borrow the power of a Dragon……… But you are just saying nonsense! Your belief is certainly weird!”, complained Irina.

 

“Weird is fine with me. But, Irina. One of them is your childhood friend, right? Let’s trust them. The power of a Dragon.”, said Xenovia.

 

Irina became silent at Xenovia’s words, but her expression showed that she was okay with it for now

 

I then looked at the others and asked, “So, that’s that. What do you guys think? This arrangement is certainly beneficial to us and all we need to do is keep it under the wraps. Kokabiel is dangerous and this ensures we have a chance against him, there’s no telling what he’ll do. And Kiba can get his revenge as well.”, with a smile.

 

Rias sighed a long sigh and said, “I suppose we have no choice. Let’s go with this arrangement. I’ll keep this from onii-sama.”.

 

 Smiled and said, “Good.”, then looked at Kiba and asked, “Kiba what do you think?”.

 

Kiba looked down with a complicated expression, it’s still hard for him huh?

 

Then he looked down and saw Koneko tugging his shirt and she said, “Please senpai, I don’t want you to go.”.

 

KIba then smiled and said, ““To tell the truth, I feel unsatisfied when the wielders of the Excaliburs are giving me the permission to destroy it, but if it’s even Koneko-chan saying this, how can I refuse? Alright, let’s do this, I am ok with this as long as I get my revenge.”.

 

 I smiled and said, “That’s settled then.”.

 

Then I turned to Xenovia and extended my hand, “Then let’s shake hands to confirm our temporary truce.”.

 

Xenovia looked at my hand for a second and then shook it and said, “Yes.”.

 

Then we exchanged phone numbers. “Well contact you when it’s time.”, said Xenovia. Rias said, “Okay.”.

 

Before leaving Xenovia looked at Kiba and said, “So you do hold a grudge regarding the “Holy-sword Project”. Against the church and the Excaliburs.”

 

Kiba sharpened his eyes at Irina’s words and said with a low and cold voice, “Obviously.”

 

“But Kiba-kun. Thanks to that project, the research on holy-sword users showed results. That’s why it created people like Xenovia and I who can synchronize with the holy swords.”, said Irina.

 

“Do you think it’s a forgiving act to kill all the test subjects because the project was thought to be a failure?”, said Kiba and looked at Irina with eyes filled with hatred.

 

Irina didn’t know how to respond. Then Xenovia spoke, “That incident also became one of the worst cases among us and people felt disgusted about it. The person in charge of that project at that time was said to have a problem with his belief. So, he was charged with heresy. Now he’s one of those people on the Fallen-Angels side.”.

 

“On the Fallen-Angel’s side? What’s the name of that person?”, Kiba asked with interest.

 

“……Valper Galilei. The man who is called the “Genocide Archbishop”.”, said Xenovia.

 

“………If I go after Fallen-Angels, then can I reach him……”, said Kiba with determination.

 

Xenovia  then turned to Issei, “I will tell you one thing. “Vanishing dragon” has already awakened.”

 

Issei looked shocked at this sudden revelation. I am glad he was shocked and didn’t reveal that I told him the same thing before.

 

“You will meet him eventually, I hope you are prepared for it.”, said Xenovia.

 

“Then we’ll take our leave.”, said Xenovia and everyone nodded and then Xenovia and Irina left together.

40