Chapter 96
1.7k 4 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as Xenovia and Irina left, Asia rushed towards me and asked, “Akira-san are you ok? Are you hurt anywhere?’.

 

I smiled and said, “I am alright Asia, thank you asking.”. Asia sighed in relief and said, “Thank god..ouch.”, and immediately suffered a headache.

 

Rias looked at me sternly and asked, “You knew how everything was going to turn out before didn’t you? You planned to cooperate with them from the start correct?”.

 

Everyone was looking at me after Rias’s question.

 

I nodded and said, “Yes.”.

 

“Although you knew  hated them?”, said Kiba.

 

I sighed and said, “Kiba I know you are upset but believe me when I say, there is no other option for us. We would not be able to pull it off without their help, especially since Buchou is adamant on not letting her family members know about this.”, and looked at Rias.

 

Rias looked away. Kiba became silent.

 

I asked Rias, “Buchou are you sure about this? It will be very helpful if an ultimate class devil helped us. Is your pride really that important that you will risk all our lives for it?”.

 

At this Rias jerked her face up and after thinking for a few seconds said, “I am not putting anyone at risk. I believe in you all. I know we can win. Akira we have always won thanks to you so we can win now as well, I believe in you.”.

 

Everyone was looking at each other silently but everyone seemed not convinced by it. But no one said as thing cause Rias was so adamant.

 

I sighed, this is one of the things I dislike about her. But well, nobody’s perfect but still putting all our lives at risk is no laughing matter.

 

That damn Vali won’t show himself until he is fully satisfied so can’t rely on him. Sigh, looks like I have to do my best.

 

The next few days passed without any incident or calls from Xenovia.

 

The next weekend, around 3 pm in the evening. I was playing videogames with Asia while rias was watching us from my bed.

 

“I won.”, I said happily as I beat Asia in a game.

 

“Nooo.”, said Asia dejected. Then suddenly my phone rang…

 

RING! RING!

 

I checked the phone and found Xenovia was calling, I answered the phone, “Yes, Xenovia, what’s up?”.

 

From the other side, I could hear Xenovia’s pleading voice, “I know this may seem rude but can you please provide food for us?”.

 

Ah, I see what’s going on. A smile formed on my lips.

 

I replied, “That is an odd request. What happened?’. BY this time both Rias and Asia sat very close to me, trying to listen to the conversation.

 

“…….Well, we lost all our money due to a certain someone buying a fake painting.”, said Xenovia.

 

“It’s not fake.”, I could hear Irina complaining. I stifled a laugh.

 

“We tried begging but it seems no one is willing to donate in the name of the lord. This is the reality of the developed country of Japan? That’s why I don’t like countries that don’t have the smell of our beliefs.”, said Xenovia angrily.

 

“We decided to perform some street performances but I wanted to see if you could help us before we try, as seeing as things are we might not be able to make at all.”, continued Xenovia.

 

“Don’t worry I am coming. Meet me in front of Kuoh academy.”, I said.

 

“Oh thank you, we will be waiting.”, said Xenovia and then I disconnected the phone.

 

Well it’s kind of expected that she won’t get  money by begging in Japan as people tend to look down on beggars. Though the street performance could have worked, but I didn’t tell her that as this is a good advantage to owe them a favor.

 

But I didn’t expect her to call me and ask me directly for food. Guess hunger humbles all.

 

Rias asked me, “You are not going to buy them food are you.”.

 

“Yes I am. Call this insurance, we owe them a favor so that they won’t turn on us without any reason.”, I sighed.

 

Rias sighed and said, “Guess, you are correct. So are you going alone? Don’t, I will go with you.”.

 

“I will too.”, said Asia.

 

“Thank you for the offer but you two stay here. They will be more uncomfortable with you Rias. I will take Issei, and Kiba and make them pay as well. I cannot handle this myself, Issei needs to contribute, this is good for Kiba so he will pay too.”, I said.

 

Hearing this Rias chucked and said, “Alright, as you wish.”.

 

“Umm, please give me money to pay for my share.”, I said.

 

“What?”, asked Rias.

 

“This is for the group so please.”, I said. Rias sighed and said, “Ok, try not to make the others pay, make do with this.”, and gave me a good amount of money.

 

“I will.”, I said. As if, I will definitely make them pay even if this money should be enough. I pocket the rest as compensation for my work.

 

I then called Issei and Kiba and just told them to meet me in front of my house and told them to bring money, I left out the reason why.

 

They probably wouldn’t come if I said why.

 

So, on time both of them were in front of my house in casual clothes.

 

“What’s the matter Akira?”, asked Issei.

 

“Yes, why did you call us so suddenly?”, asked Kiba.

 

I just said, “You’ll see. Now follow me.”.

 

The two looked at each other but said nothing and started following me.

 

After sometime we arrived in front of the school and Xenovia and Irina were waiting for us, clad in their white robes.

 

They both perked up upon seeing us.

 

“Let’s go to a restaurant.”, I said.

 

And I started walking, Issei and Kiba walking with me while Xenovia and Irina were behind us.

 

Issei asked, “You are buying them food or something?”.

 

I said, “Yes, they lost all theior money. This is a good chance to owe them a favor.”.

 

“So, we are here to pay all well?”, asked Kiba.

 

I gave a big smile to both him and Issei and said, “Yes.”.

 

Kiba sighed and said, “Figures.” Issei said, “Hey, why would we have to pay?”.

 

“Because I cannot afford to pay for us alone and this is for a team problem. So, we boys should take care of it correct?”, I said.

 

Issei said, “I-I suppose we should.”. Got him, ‘something for guys to do’ is a good way to get him rolling.

 

I carried on forward with a bright smile, all my plans are a success and I didn’t even have to pay for anything.

40