Chapter 97
1.1k 8 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Delicious! Japanese cuisine is delicious!”.

 

“Yes, yes! This is it! This is the taste of the food of my homeland!”.

 

Said Xenovia and Irina as they gulped down their food. We were at a family restaurant. I, Issei and Kiba were sitting opposite to Xenovia and Irina who were eating together.

 

On the way here the two were saying things like…

 

[We sold our souls to the Devils.]

 

[This is also to accomplish our mission.]

 

Man, they eat a lot. I have seen them in the anime, but seeing it in real life is something else. They gobbled down plates upon plates of food.

 

I wonder where the food is going. All three of us were looking at both of them astonished.

 

Suddenly a voice spoke inside my head…

 

[Brat, we need to talk.]

 

Oh, it’s Red. I responded in my head…

 

[What is it? You suddenly want to talk after a long time of being silent?]

 

[I normally wouldn’t bother but I sense a strong presence you, so I thought I’d warn you.]

 

Hearing that I suddenly became alert. I asked..

 

[A strong presence? Is it Hakuryuukou?]

 

Red snorted…

 

[Heh…Do you think I would warn you if it was just that? No, what I sense is much stronger]

 

Hearing that my body became numb….

 

[..Stronger than Hakuryuukou? You don’t mean…….Ophis…….do you?]

 

Please, let it not be Ophis, please…

 

[Yes, it is Ophis. So be careful, especially in your current state and the fact that Ophis and  I are not on the best terms .]

 

Gulp, shit, shit, why did she appear so early? What does she want. My face turned pale.

 

Issei and Kiba must have noticed my face as Issei asked, “Akira, are you ok?”. Kiba said, “Akira-kun, what’s the matter?”.

 

No, now is not the time to panic, it’s business first. I shook my head and put on a smile and said, “No, nothing’s wrong.”.

 

Issei said, “If you say so.”. But he and Kiba looked like they didn’t believe me.

 

Meanwhile Xenovia and Irina finished eating. They both sighed in happiness.

 

Xenovia said, “Phew. Now I’m calm. It’s the end of the world to get helped by a Devil.”.

 

I squinted my eyes and said, “Hey, watch you are saying. Shouldn’t you at least be grateful that we are treating you to a meal? Especially when it you guys who asked us?”.

 

Irina said while using her cross, “Pheeeew! Thank you for the meal. Aaaah God, please give charity to these Devils.”.

 

[Ahh]

 

Issei, me and Kiba called out due to experiencing headache. “Hey..”, I said angrily.

 

“Ah, I’m sorry. I did it without thinking.”, said Irina, smiling with a cute face. Sigh, this girl.

 

Xenovia drank a cup of water and took a deep breath. She ten said, “Thank you for treating us to food. We are indebted to you.”.

 

I said, “Well that’s ok. But have you found out anything about the Fallen Angels?”.

 

“We are still investigating. Though we did find some clues. We will notify you when we narrow down the target.”, said Xenovia.

 

I nodded and said, “I understand.”. After that we paid the bill, I mean the three of us.

 

Before going Irina said with a smiling face, “Thanks for the meal, Akira-kun! Treat me again next time as well! Even if you are a Devil, God will allow it if it’s a friend of Ise-kun who treats me to a meal! It’s okay if it’s food! And thank you too Ise-kun for paying!”.

 

Sigh, these church people are insufferable.

 

After that we went our way. I was going back with Kiba and Issei. Neither of them was talking.

 

Suddenly as we were walking, something appeared in front of me out of the blue.

 

“Whoa!”, I said as I backed away not wanting to collide with the said person.

 

I looked in anger to see who the person who suddenly appeared in front of me was. But I saw the person I was shocked and a bit fearful.

 

What’s she doing here?

 

It was a cute little girl with long black hair down to her hips and black eyes, she was wearing a Gothic Lolita outfit  with black tapes covering her breasts in cross pattern.

 

Yes, it was Ophis herself. I couldn’t even sense her presence.

 

“Are you alright Akira?”, asked Issei. “Akira-kun, you ok?”, asked Kiba.

 

But I couldn’t answer them as I looked at the figure in front of me. I asked, “Why are you here?”.

 

Ophis with an expressionless face looked at me for a few seconds and before I could say anything else, she disappeared.

 

I looked around but couldn’t find her anywhere. Both Issei and Kiba did the same and wasn’t successful either.

 

The timing of her appearance was much earlier than expected. I Know, I was warned by Red earlier but I didn’t expect her to actually come to see me.

 

She clearly came to see as she didn’t look at anything else. But why? There is only one thing I can make out of this situation, because the news me getting the power of Red has spread.

 

That’s the only logical explanation. But in any case, I am glad that she is non-confrontational.

 

“Who was that little girl?”, asked Issei. “…Ophis.”, I just said short.

 

“Who?”, asked Issei, confused. But Kiba’s eyes shot up and he asked, “Are you sure?”.

 

I nodded and said, “I am 100% positive.”. At this Kiba sighed and nodded in understanding.

 

“Ophis who? I don’t understand. Can someone explain?”, asked Issei confused.

 

“The Uroboros Dragon, one of the most powerful beings in the world other than Great Red.”, I said.

 

“What?”, said Issei in surprise and looked at Kiba who just nodded in affirmation.

 

“But why is she here?”, asked Issei. I shrugged and said, “I don’t know myself.”.

 

“She’s not in the future in know?”, asked. “She is but she appears much later.”, I said.

 

“I see.”, said Kiba thoughtfully. We decided to go to my home together and inform Rias about this.

 

Sigh, I hate unexpected happens, it affects my plans but I suppose this shouldn’t affect anything, I hope.

30