Chapter 14, Territorial Conflict V
43 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I walked downstairs and returned back to where I left Mia and the others. As she waved at me, I could see that both Leo and the little boy had woken up. 

"Aksel!" 

Leo had a concerned look on his face, as if he was worried. 

"What's up?"

"My sword! It's gone!" 

I thought for a moment before remembering. Leo's sword of course had been with me so I had something neat to defend myself with.

"Oh... I see. In that case, you should've woken me up! I said I’d be your sword, remember?!" 

[Your understanding of the Incarnation 'Leo Collins' has increased.]

[The Constellation 'She Who Brings Victory' admires the comradeship.]

[You have been sponsored 100 coins.]

Letting out a little chuckle, I then turned my attention over at the little boy who still maintained the dazed expression. Maybe he'd cheer up a little if I brought him some food? I whipped out a piece of the ground rat we cooked a while ago and gave it to the boy. 

"Here’s some food we have for you. I know you're hungry, so take a bite at least, okay?”

The boy looked up at me, hesitated, but ultimately dug into the food. I saw his expression lit up slightly and heard a little burp erupt from his mouth. I didn't like kids very much, but this little guy has had got a bit of a hold on me. I smiled on him then focused on the task at hand――a green zone.

Currently, my group consisted of me, Mia, Leo and the little boy. So in total we would need a green zone that could hold four people. 

"A room? Why do we need to get one of those?" Leo asked with a mouthful of cooked ground rat.

"I have a feeling that it'll be used for later scenarios. The green zones also protect you from monsters, so that's another good reason to occupy one." 

But that was the problem. How could we occupy one of those without paying? 500 seemed like quite the scam, plus of the landlord wasn’t joking about that 1000 add-on, that was a fee I definitely didn’t want to pay.

The landlord’s group was scattered all over the station, maintaining and keeping order with the green zones. If I were to steal a room, I'd definitely be subject to danger. It'd most certainly be suicide to take all of the group.

Even with Leo and Mia joining me, just those two guards upstairs looked as though they had great stats that would overwhelm us in the long run. Not to mention, I haven't even found out what the landlord’s skill was. My only option was tackle the source of the problem itself, and that meant a revolution. 


[There is 1 hour before the third scenario is activated.]

The message popped up onto each of our windows. This meant that there was only a small duration of time until my plan was put into action.

"Akselll! But that's such a boring plan! Why don't we just go in there and slay them all into pieces? I got a new skill you know!" 

Leo was bummed that it didn't involve any violence. In fact, if we were to engage, we wouldn't make it out of there alive. Although, even I wasn't sure if this method would work, but it was worth a try anyway. If it all goes to shit, I guess we should resort to violence..?

[The Constellation 'Secretive Plotter' is moved by your plot.]

[You have been sponsored 500 coins.]

"Don't worry Leo, there might be a time to have some fun. Just keep working on your swordsmanship."

Leo nodded and continued with his strenuous work regarding swordsmanship. He and his kendo was a vital asset to this plan. If he failed, then we all failed. I couldn't achieve this plan alone as I needed to save up on my coins and upgrade my stats. There's also the fact that Leo's explosive power was far greater than mine――he'd complete this task with ease. 

"What should I do, Aksel?" 

I turned over to Mia Becker. Although she wasn't as needed for the initial plan, her abilities would be useful if things went south.

"Just keep doing what you’re doing, Mia. I'll call on you when the times ready."

Mia looked at me and nodded with a keen expression. Just like monitoring my companions stats, it was also important to monitor their wellbeing and our connection. Them feeling lost would be a major problem――they both have to stay at their optimal condition. Though some may consider this thinking as shitty, I’ve deduced that it is the only way we can survive this apocalypse.

“――――”

My thought process was disturbed by the dark brown haired boy. He was close to my leg and tugging onto it lightly. I pondered for a moment.

Would children like him be useful in the scenarios? He still looked traumatised from whatever he saw, and didn't really talk much except for a few low mutters. I didn't really like kids, and there's no guarantee that he'd be useful in these scenarios. Maybe he would continue to be a burden until the end. Before I could come to a conclusion, I had gotten interrupted once more. Albeit, this was what I was waiting for.

[There are 30 minutes before the third scenario is activated.]

It was time.


My group and I slowly came upstairs to the Landlord's quarter. Gazes could be sensed as we walked through the corridor.

"It's that guy from before."

"Who are those people with him?"

"He looks like trouble."

Damn, did I really leave an impression everywhere I went? I never experienced this much before in the old world, most of the time I went unnoticed or only became noticed because of my clumsiness.

Looking back, Mia held the little boy's hand whilst Leo changed stances continuously, imitating spy movies when they'd check every corner to make sure the coast was clear. Anywho, the green zone was upon our grasp. 

[Green Zone 47/50] 

The landlord rose from the side off the bench he was sitting on, it seemed as if he expected my return.

"Its you again.. I don't believe I caught your name. What was it?" 

"Aksel." 

"Aksel! Right, yes, I had forgotten it."

I guess that person from before had told him which is why he let me off that time. News travels insanely fast in these stations.

"My name is Atticus Aran, and as you know, I'm the landlord here and I run these green zones." 

The soothing voice travelled into my ears..

[The Incarnation 'Atticus Aran' has used Voice Manipulation Lv. 4!]

[The Exclusive Skill 'Capture Lv. 4' has nullified the effects of Voice Manipulation!] 

"So if you want a room, Unfortunately you'll have to pay. And for the troubles you gave me yesterday, I'll have to charge you double――”

"That won't work on me, Atticus." 

The dumbfounded expression was plastered all over his face. I now figured out how he had the whole station under his grasp. Atticus must have been voice manipulating everybody to be his pawns and to do his work. 

"Leo, we're ready."

Leo dashed forward inside the green zone and unsheathed his blade. 

[The Incarnation 'Leo Collins' has used the stigma 'Divine Heaven's Strike Lv. 1'.]

Leo Collins was bathed in lightning bolts as he raised his sword. The air crackled irregularly and he dug his sword into the ground. The ground started to shake and everyone stumbled, losing their balance. One of Atticus' followers ran, aiming for Leo but was zapped by the lightning. The lightning bolts enwrapped Leo's sword and he drew a semi circle in the floor. 

There was a great vibration and the ground erupted into debris, the green zone started to collapse.

[The green zone has been destroyed.]

[The Constellation 'Prisoner of the Golden Headband' is fond of the lightning!]

[The Constellation 'Gracious Judge of Thunder' is amazed!]

[The Constellation 'Dreamer of Justice' likes your revolution!] 

[You have been sponsored 200 coins.]

I watched as Leo stood there triumphantly. It was clear all his energy was exhausted but he still managed to stand.

I watched as all the members of Atticus' group hauled themselves out of the debris. Atticus had moved out of the destruction just in time and watched the scene with rage. 

"H-how dare you! You can't do this!"

Atticus moved forward with rage. 

[The Incarnation 'Atticus Aran' has used Voice Manipulation Lv. 4!]

"Kill him! Kill him!" He ordered Leo. 

Leo turned to my direction slowly, his sword lingering with thunder. His eyes appeared to be lifeless. This was bad. Leo was already extremely prone to mental skills, so of course he wouldn’t be able to withstand the voice manipulation.

――I should've been more cautious.

My body instinctively flew of the way when Leo advanced and swung his sword. I kept being pushed back as Leo drew nearer. When you’re up against him, you can really see how dangerously powerful he is.

――Hk.” A slight sound slipped out as the blade almost brushed my cheek.

"Yes!! That's it! K-Keep doing that! Kill him!" 

Leo was obedient to Atticus’ demands and kept moving forward. Gaining momentum, he struck my abdomen with his sword. If I didn't move back earlier, I surely would’ve been sliced in half. Forcing myself to retreat even further, I clutched my stomach. It was bleeding heavily. Things really did go south. 

[1,200 coins have been invested in agility.]

[Agility Lv. 12 -> Agility Lv. 15]

Fortunately, due to the coins I managed to save, I quickly slipped behind Leo and subdued him once again by hitting him at the back of the neck. I got worried for a second wondering if it’d do the trick again――Fortunately it was enough. 

I grabbed Leo and placed him onto the ground beside me and fell onto my knee. 

"Aksel!" 

Mia Becker ran over to me with the little boy staggering behind. She dropped down beside me and started healing me, thankfully the temporary danger was over but that didn't mean all of it was. Atticus looked over to his followers. 

"What are you waiting for?! He's injured! Go kill him!!" 

The men were put into a trance and started obeying his orders. I was too vulnerable to fight right now and Mia was too busy healing me. The situation was dire, there was no one I could rely on.

Realising this predicament, Atticus started chuckling like a madman.

"That's right! Kill him! All of you! Rip him to shreds!"

One of the men extended his shabby sword toward me, aiming to pierce my vitals.

――――”

"Arghh!"

I heard the reverberation of a blade clattering onto the ground and the sound of a large thud coming consequently.

I had closed my eyes reactively once the sword of the man approached my vision, but it seemed as though I wasn’t harmed..?

Opening my eyes, I witnessed Mia Becker guarding my figure with a weapon in hand. The sounds I heard earlier must have been from the man, considering he was on the ground bathed in fresh blood.

“Mia..?”

Another man came running toward us, and using the knife she must have gotten from my pocket, she stabbed the man in the chest.

"That bitch is crazy!" Said one of the group’s bystanders.

Mia looked up at the man she stabbed and dug the blade in deeper. 

"You should really watch who you guys are messing with. I also don’t appreciate being interrupted when I’m helping someone."

Her cold, stern gaze caused the man to shiver.

[Evolution of incarnation 'Mia Becker's' Attribute is approaching.]

[The incarnation ‘Mia Becker’ has acquired a hero attribute.]

[The incarnation ‘Mia Becker’ has become 'Combat Physician'.]

1