Chapter 21, Kingless World I
31 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sorry, but I'll have to be updating weekly or every other day. The break is over so I don't have much time to write. I hope you can forgive me.


Constellations... Absolute Throne... Those where the only things that I could remember before I passed out. 

My body jolted and I sat upwards. I wasn't looking at the Throne anymore but a barren looking room. I had a blanket over me, it seemed similar to the one that I gave for  Erich... Wait Erich? I quickly stood up whilst patting around my body to see if I had gotten stolen. I quickly remembered that Leo and Erich were with me at the Kings Path scenario, where were they now? Who rescued me? My question was answered quickly when someone opened the door. 

I quickly unsheathed my Dojigiri when a small figure walked into the room. It was Erich holding a piece of meat. 

"Aksel!" 

He spoke hurriedly, dropping the meat immediately and rushing into my arms. 

"Hey Erich." I ruffled his hair and embraced him into my arms. It doesn't seem there was anyone other than Erich around. 

"Where are the others?" 

Erich pulled away and gazed at me with a pessimistic expression before replying. 

"I.. I don't know... I had to rush you out on my dragon fly after you fainted on the Absolute Throne.. Leo told me I should go whilst he held off the angry mob..."

So that's how it came to be. Hopefully Leo was alright. Mia too, I haven't seen her in a while. She's grown so much so she's most definitely okay. 

"But can't you use your skill to find them?" 

"I've used up a lot of my magic power... I'm sorry."

"No, it's okay." I said, sheathing my sword. It's not like Erich was filled with magic power to the brim. It was more important to figure out my surroundings, where I was so far. I glanced at the piece of meat Erich dropped onto the ground. 

"Where did you get that?" I pointed to the piece of meat. 

"Oh.. These wanderers got it for me." 

Wanderers? A puzzled expression formed onto my face. That's a word I haven't heard before, well a word associated with the Apocalypse. Erich Caine noticed my look and quickly explained. 

"They say they are just people who wander about whilst the rest of us complete the scenarios. After they saw I was a kid, they wanted to up."

"I see."

It was best to find these wanderers and ask them about the situation. Wrapped up in all these questions, I forgot to check the system messages. 

[10,000 coins have been earned as settlement for the fourth scenario.]

That's quite a nice payment, hopefully my pay was greater than the others, I mean I wasted a lot of energy to destroy that throne. 

[There are 10 days before the start of the fifth scenario.]

[A sub scenario is in progress to supplement the interlude.]

[Sub Scenario – Survival Activities]

Category: Sub

Difficulty: C+

Clear Conditions: Survive for 10 days in the ruined city. You should eat three meals a day and get at least six hours of sleep a day. Don't forget to pay 500 coins per day before going to sleep every night. There will be a clear penalty if you violate any of these three rules.

Duration: 10 days

Compensation: None

Failure: Death

* This is a scenario where a 'coin event' is applied.

* All monsters in the scenario have a certain probability of dropping coins.

 

These dokkaebis really aren't fair. I grumbled at the sub scenario and was scared to death by the sudden bombardment of constellation messages. 

[The Constellation 'Victorious Lion Heart' is glad you have awoken.]

[The Constellation 'Lady With The Lamp' has rekindled her light.]

[The Constellation 'Gracious Judge of Thunder' is clapping its hands in delight!] 

Damn. They still waited for me? I was touched. I motioned to Leo and we moved out the door. Outside, the atmosphere was eerily different. It was bustling with a fair amount of people. I guess these were the 'wanderers' Erich spoke about. A man who was in the moment turned and then walked up to me. 

"Hey! You're finally awake! My name is Graham."

"Aksel."

"Aksel! Pleasure to meet you!" 

"What's all this about?" 

"Wow! You like to cut to the chase, don't you? Well, we're all wanderers. We just wait until the others clear the scenario for us, and we took you in when you came with the little guy."

Wanderers, seems pretty straight forward. They're just cowards who hide behind others. Of course, I didn't want trouble so I just shot the dude a grin. 

"So, isn't there any leadership around here?" 

His face became ecstatic. 

"I'm glad you asked! The king of the wanderers have just set out to gather more food for us. He's pretty strong himself." He seemed to be proud of someone else's achievements, but one word grabbed my attention. 

"King? So he has a flag?" 

He scoffed as if I just asked the dumbest question ever. "Our king doesn't care for such trivial things as a flag."

A king without a flag... Such concept didn't seem so far-fetched. 

"Will I get to meet this king?" 

"Sure, he'll be coming back any time soon."

Someone called Graham over and he had to go. 

"Sorry about that, hopefully you'll feel welcome here. You don't have to risk your life and you'll stay safe with your child." 

Graham shot over to the concern and left me to ponder with statement. Child? I peered down at Erich who was playing with my Dojigiri. 

[The Constellation 'She Who Brings Victory' is wondering why you have withheld this information.]

[The Constellation 'Legendary Tachi Myth' is shocked!] 

[You have been sponsored 200 coins.]

Damn you, constellations. 


After a while of interacting with the wanderers, the leader finally arrived. The wanderers cheered as he walked through with a huge dead monster. The cheers slowly diminished ever so slightly as the squad he went with walked through as well. As I looked around there were sorrowful countenances. Perhaps the monster wasn't enough? No... 

[Exclusive Skill, Capture Lv. 5 has been activated!] 

I see now. Just like before in the Absolute Throne, the truth became known to me. Some people didn't return. For a monster like that, and the look of his squad, there was no way they could've done that themselves. Could there be something else? My thoughts were interrupted. 

"Everyone!" 

We all looked toward the leader, who had a bright smile. 

"I have caught food for you all! With the help of my squad of course."

Everybody cheered and looked around happily. 

"But as you know... There were other brave souls who didn't come out of that battle alive."

The atmosphere shifted almost instantabeously. 

"Let us not think about it much. Do not let their sacrifice be in vain, I'm sure they're happy we came out alive with this food."

The atmosphere rose again and everybody was ecstatic. They all rushed in and grabbed a piece of meat. 

"We should go too." I said to Erich and he nodded. We had to get some meals as well for the sub scenario. 

After what seemed like hours, we finally  arrived at the front of the queue and was created by the leader. 

"Here you-! Oh! Hi there, are you new here? You seem like a new face."

I nodded. 

"Nice to meet you! My name is Kevin Milton and as you now I'm the leader around here."

"Yes... Congrats on the victory by the way. I can tell you're very strong."

"Why thank you! I'm glad you can tell without me even demonstrating my power."

That was a lie. I didn't think this guy was strong. Especially strong enough to come from that battle unscathed. I gave him a smile whilst grabbing a piece of meat. 

"See you around." I turned and walked off. Something fishy was going on here. Even the squad who came back with Kevin didn't look so good either, it's like they saw something traumatic. 

I sat down with Erich Caine and we gobbled on the food. Of course, If I wanted to find out, I had to be at the heart of the danger. I paid my 500 coins and went to sleep. 


The next day passed by and I rose up early. I gazed at Erich who was snoring loudly and tucked him in. I flew open the door and was met with Kevin and some others about to set off. Two of the squad from yesterday were there and a few others. 

"Kevin!" 

I sprinted toward him and he looked at me with a surprised expression. 

"Thank you for your hospitality yesterday. I'd like to repay you by hunting with you?" 

It was for a moment but Kevin's face looked scared but he cleared it away quickly. 

"Haha... Sure... Why not? Let's get going now."

We quickly marched off. As my eyes pierced the back of Kevin's head, I was determined to know the real truth behind him and his schemes. I will put a stop to this, today. 

1