Chapter 2: Confessions – Dean PoV
195 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

—"I love you! So please!" 

That's really... anticlimactic. I knew she has feelings for me some time ago but... Was she really that anxious?

I thought of something at night, moonlight reflecting over the sea, both of us confessing our loves and having a passionate night.

I wanted something books, you know? I may be a guy, but I also like fluffy romance!

That being said... I never expected her to come here as soon as I entered one of the hotel rooms.

We didn't even unpack, you know? We checked-in! We still have 2 entire days to let it all happen!

Now, let's look at the good points of the situation. The room is fine, there's a desk in the corner that has a vase with some yellow lilies, a small fridge with cold drinks near this plywood bed; LED lamps, a small TV on the wall, a bean bag chair close... I can watch the TV lying in bed, cool.

We have a few hours before the party starts, so... We can do that, right? Sex. If she has reached this point of not being able to wait any longer, she sure gonna be in heat in the bed...

Hey! D-don't look at me with those eyes! I know I'm thinking of self-interest, but you see...

I-i'm a v-vi-irgin, okay! I'm 18 years now! My hormones are full speed ahead! It's my chance to stop masturbating...

*sniff*...

I may sound like a jerk, but I'm gonna be a nice guy here. I wanna do this because I like her too. She supported me every time I needed it, so which is better as compensation than THAT.

You know, right? The crystallization of love, a baby. Only if she wants by the way. I'm saying that I'll take responsibility for anything that happens.

See? I'm not a stupid person.

—"It's fine, let's date. I know how you were waiting to tell me all these piled up emotions. So don't worry, I'll just have you in my mind. Actually,   I can't think of a girl by my side other than you. You're so cute I want to kiss you right now. So could you please remove this knife from my throat and unbind me, Alice?"

—"Oh, Dean! You really like to make me blush! Suddenly attacking me with those words, you meanie! I'm gonna make you pay for those words, can you hear me? These are words of womanizers, if it weren't for you saying, I wouldn't believe it. If my beautiful Dean is a womanizer, who keeps ogling other girls when he has me... We don't wanna reach the point where I need to cut your dick off, right?" She says, with a full-bloomed smile.

Did you hear the last part? I do not.


 

Hello, ladies and gentleman! It's you everyday pal, Dean! The world is beautiful! People on the streets, beautiful!

Well, I'm on my way to the boys' pre-meeting. I slipped from Alice, who is resting by now with a perverted smile on her face. A monster that looks so harmless...

...

So, as I was talking about, it seems like all the boys got a message on the cell phone with the invitation to a pre-meeting. Alice told me that since this meeting will have no girls, she wasn't interested. I promised to meet her when the party begins, so I didn't get much trouble with her.

Francis Cayden is the host. He's a guy with a tall body, handsome type. Black-hair, modern pompadour haircut, green eyes, and an earring the left ear.

His father is one of Dominus City's big shots, so Francis goes to the spa, salon, skincare... Or so I heard. All that kind of thing every week, making it the number 1 guy title for most girls.

I asked Vincent and he told me he didn't receive the mail, but even if he had, he was going elsewhere, so he'll not go to this meeting. Something about souvenirs for his family. He surely treasures them.

Although sometimes I think he should take a look at the other people around him. 

When I enter, I see something like 13 guys present here. They engage in chats at random while sipping some beverages and eating some snacks.

The room is a modern-styled one. It has some chandeliers, white plain couches, and some marble tables with stools.

—"So, can we start the meeting, Francis?" 

Says Jack Foster, one of many members of Francis's faction. He's a lanky guy with short blonde hair and brown eyes, wearing a blue V-neck T-shirt with white stripes and dark-grey jeans. 

This faction is just a gathering of guys who think they can get leftovers from Francis, being some kind of henchmen. I kinda pity this guy for dealing with these people.

—"Yeah, I think that everyone we called is already here".

Who completes Jack's statement is his twin brother Clyde. He has almost the same figure as his brother, the only difference between them —and a big one by the way— is that Clyde is short and chubby. He's wearing a white-green blouse and black pants.

—"Alright, alright. Everyone! Please listen to me."

It is Francis who says so, who is wearing a gray suit with a lavender tie. While everyone pays attention to him I approach some guys who are from the soccer club, since two of them are here.

—"Michael, Bob, did you just arrive just like me?"

—"Ah, yes. Here, take a beer." Says Michael.

I'm not that very fond of drinking cause I don't have too much tolerance, but I drink since it's his offer.

—"Shhh. he's speaking." quickly Bob interrupts.

—"Everyone, as you guys know, I called every single one of you here mainly to deepen our bond. On this trip, we're numbered by 20 boys and 40 girls. Everyone knows the rumours about romance in this party, so let's not beat around the bush.

Today before we arrived, my father told me I'm getting married. I know, I know, please don't pity me. It's the kind of family I have, nothing that I can complain about. And that's exactly why I'll use the Endless Party as part of my bachelor party. Do you understand? With that number of girls, we can make a little game, right? I talked with my father and imposed some... Conditions about that marriage, and in short, I got some rewards for those who score high.

I got jobs in my father's company, cash prizes, and for the top two, a night in an upscale brothel where you can't even enter without an insider recommendation. It's a place where the average person can't afford it, something like 10-20 years of normal work just for one hour with a girl. And I'll pay for an hour with any girl you choose, you just have to pay for things like drinks, food, etc. Well, even if you don't like it, the top two will get the other prizes, that thing is just a plus. Clyde and Jack will explain how the game works. Ah, let me warn you already. No rape. Removes all the sense of achievement from the game. You'll be disqualified if you do. So, what do you tell me?"

The faces of all the boys shine, and some begin to be noisy. What the hell? Is it just me or is this game... Disgusting?

Why I was called to this? It makes me wanna tell all the girls about it. Actually, this is what I'll do. I'll just wait a chance to text or call Alice. She can tell everyone about this bullshit. I have only 3 hours.

As I make my plans, Jack begins.

—"Successful confession, 10 points. Sex, 20 points; if virgin, sex becomes 40 points. Engaging, total score becomes 100 points. If the girl one of the most beautiful, 2000 points. Clyde will explain about the last one."

Before anyone can start questioning, the other twin starts talking as they get confused by the numbers.

—"The opinion was crowdsourced. Even if you complain, the targets won't change. Rebecca Porter, Jennifer White, Rose Williams are the girls."

The more they talk, the more I wanna puke. What's with these guys? Treating girls like that, are they really thinking they'll have a chance? I can smell shit on that.

—"Where's Lisa Woods? I pretty much agree with the most, but she's a must-have, right?" Says one boy with glasses.

—"Yeah, she should be on the list!"- another boy that has a short red hair completes.

They start raising their voices, so Francis gives his speech.

—"The terms won't change my friends, stop complaining and just accept. If you don't like the rules don't play the game. As for the prizes, 100 exact points for the job with 3 thousand Crescents. above 1500 points for 800 thousand Crescents. The top 2 scorers must achieve at least 2000 points. Now go! Make your plans and have fun! The game starts when the party begins!"

And like this, he ends his discourse.

Everyone moves to a sit back and resumes chatting. Finally, I can call Alice.

—"So, what's your plan, Bob? I'll aim for the job prize. It's the safest, right?"

—"Indeed. But the second one is really attractive. One can live without work for something like... the 20 years he was talking about. What do you think about that, Dean?"

—"Ah... I agree with Michael... I think. I'm going to the restroom, excuse me."

Pretending, I head towards the door so get out of here... But the Foster twins are in front of me now, looking at someone behind me. When I turn to see who it is, I see Francis, and he tells me.

—"Already going? You heard the rules, right? Even if you go now, no points till the party begins."

Don't worry... Stay calm... Think...

—"Ah... I'm going to the restroom."

—"Oh! I'll go too. I think I drink more than I could!"

SHIT! Wait, don't worry, just go with the flow. Find a better chance.

We enter the bathroom. The twins stay in wait, close to the door.

As soon as I go to the urinal, he starts.

—"Do you know with who I gonna marry?" He says while looking at the ceiling.

—"Err... Sorry, I don't."

—"Lisa Woods. She's a beauty, don't you think?"

Ah... I see now. She's related to the game. Let's give straight answers.

—"Ah, sure. The Glacial Princess, right? Congratulations." I say, trying my best to make an honest smile.

—" Thank you! But you see, there's one problem with the marriage."

I DON'T CARE! Wait, me! You can control yourself... Right! Let's wash my hands. Soap first... Now, let's rub. 

—"Oh, really? That's so sad! So, what's the problem?"- While looking at him through the great mirror, I say this to him before I open the faucet.

—"You." I turn to look directly at him, and so he says before I could react. —"Grab him."

Suddenly, Jack takes my left arm, and Clyde the other one. As I try to release myself, they kick my legs and I fall on the ground. They hit me with metal pipes, and hold my body on the ground.

Ooooouuuuccch! It huuuurttts!!

—"What's this? Why you're doing this to me? What are you talking about?"

—"You think I don't know why you tried to run?" He asks, while crouches, and looks down at me.

 HE KNOWS I WAS LEAVING? Wait, he won't has a way to know my motive. Easy, easy, be smart.

—"No! Release me, now!" I say, gritting my teeth.

—"Cut the crap. With almost everything set in stone, today, Jack Woods calls my father in the morning and says he's going to put out the marriage, asking for more time and to think another way to close the deal between their companies. My daughter said she's going to show me the boy she likes. So I need time to consider the options, he said." Making a joking tone at the end, Francis tells me.

Huh, deal? What he's talking about? ...Wait! Lisa! You've done it! I'm so happy for you, girl! But now I have do deal with this situation.

—"Is not that I enjoy all the idea of the marriage, but I have a few complaints about this situation. I don't like the idea of something being taken from me. Also, I surely wanted to melt the Princess. But the biggest issue is, my father needs the deal right now, so I have to clean this mess now; and I'm pissed, like very pissed. So that's the deal. Lisa only talks with you and one other guy... What's his name again? Well, it doesn't matter. It's obvious who's the one.

I'm asking you POLITELY to give up on her. I'll be a good guy. You have many girls yearning for you, right? It's not that hard, we can reach an agreement. You do something for me and I do something for you. You can have the biggest prize in the game, for example. For free. What do you think? It's a good deal, right?"

When he says the last part, both brothers make a strange face. But Francis raises a hand to calm them down. 

My anger is taking almost all my reason. I wanna hit this cheeky idiots right now. What's he saying about her? She's my friend, you idiot! If you keep saying these things about her, I won't forgive you! This motherfucker... But, I can't be reckless. Right... Think... A way that won't compromise anyone... 

—"Okay... I understand."

While I answer him, I make the most depressed and sad face I could.

—"Really? You're not thinking I'm an idiot, right? Don't think you can trick me. So, what do you want?" He says, with a dubious tone.

—"I want you to explain what's the trick with the game."

—"Ah, I just needed an excuse to call you here. Haha, you saw through it, huh? The game is real, the catch is that I already have dates with the 3 target girls so only the job prize is really at stake. The easiest way, if you have done the math is to engage with a girl. Well, there are other ways and they lead to the same things but have more risks. So a few guys have a chance to marry just like me! It's very good, right?

The greedy ones won't have anything, while the ones who are willing to take responsibility for their acts have some kind of guarantees for life! There are chances to a womanizer or two passes, but that's it. In the end, I'm not a bad guy, I'm rewarding the good ones. Also, it's all considering nothing goes wrong. There's a good chance everyone fails. Now, what more you want?"

This guy... he's thinking he can control people's lives? Fuck that bullshit. This is wrong.

—"And those two? Why? What they'll get?"

Again, he raises a hand on the two's behalf, before they can speak.

—"Ah, the game system was their idea, So I promised to the two the biggest prize. Well, if you want the prize too you'll have to negotiate with them."

As soon as he says, they strengthen the grip.

Shit! It huu-uurtsss! Urgh!

—"I-I Don't want i-it." 

—"So, what you want?" He asks, a little curious.

—"Nothing, just release me and let me go."

—"Well, if you say so... release him." He commands the twins, raising up and start to look at himself through the mirror.

As I feel free, I get up slowly, since my wrists and body hurts a lot.

Turning only his head to me, he asks.

—"By the way, you've done with her?"

...

FUCK YOU! YOU IDIOT SON OF A BITCH! YOU GONNA PAY! I PROMISE! I just need to get out. I can beat this fucker. I just need to wait to deal with those two. I'll hit him SO HARD, AND HE'S GONNA REGRET! Just give me one chance, and I'll show you what you deserve.

—"No, she hasn't even confessed."

I say, trying to keep my wits.

—"Really? That's good." He says nodding. —"You just have to turn her down. Don't be so angry. So, I don't need to say what happens if you don't keep your promise, right?"

—"Sure."

{trimmmm, trimmmm}

I hear a ringing sound, it's a familiar one.

Looking at the ground, the sound comes from my cellphone. I quickly try to get him, but Clyde is faster and takes before me.

—"It says, Lisa Woods." Clyde says grinning.

Dammit!

—"Oh! Maybe we got something good? Put the speakerphone. You, talk. Answers only when I allow."

—"Hello?"

—"Dean? It's me, Lisa, you can talk?"

No.

I look at Francis, he nods and signs me to say yes.

—"Sure, go on."

No, no, no.

—"You see, remember our talk on the last day of school? About how I was going to miss my chance... and how I needed to take the wheels?"

No, no, no, no, no.

—"You were right. Father came with talks of marriage, something about his company. I panicked and saw how that was my last chance... So against all odds, I told him about Vincent."

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

—"I told him everything... About how that day at his uncle's house, on the same day I lost my mother, as father couldn't take such a young girl to a funeral, I met him. About how I started to see him as a kindred soul because we both lost our mothers. And how from that day on, I wanted to keep in touch with him. That I got the number from his uncle's house and called him in secret. Then I said to father I can't be with anyone else. I told him how I started to like Vincent. How I started to love him. How I wanted to be by his side."

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO.

PLEASE LISA, STOP, I'M CRYING HERE!

—"Maybe it was a miracle... But somehow, he told me that I no longer needed cry and that he wanted me to bring Vincent to our house, so they can meet each other. So... I gonna talk to Vince about this. You know where he is? I can't find him."

I look at Francis, and he has a furious look on his face.

He's all red, the personification on anger and hatred. He nods, but he seems like there's a bad aftertaste left. Can't expose yourself, asshole? Serves you right, fucker.

—"He told me that was looking for souvenirs. Must be on the way to his room by now."

—"Okay, I'll look for him. Thank you! Bye!"

Clyde turns out the phone.

He and Jack are speechless. When they look at Francis, their faces seems like a ghost was saw.

—"So... It was the other one? From the two, she chooses the lowest? Ahh... Fine, whatever. You two know what to do. Make it sounds like it was an accident or whatever, it's fine if you kill him. But, be careful, I don't wanna more problems."

While he was speaking, I grabbed one of the pipes who was in Clyde's hand, and done a powerful swing with all the might I could, in  Francis's face direction.

—"YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR MOUTH WHEN TALKING ABOUT MY FRIENDS, YOU BASTARD!" I shouted while the sound of the pipe on my hand reverberates through the restroom.

Haha, I told you. Now I wanna see you make that snob face again.

But...Sorry, Vince... I think you are on your own now.

1