Chapter 4: The Twin
222 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day...

    Saint Crimson and Frosty get up early as usual and go to their assigned place hastily, leaving their child, Zhowen, to the Head Maid of the house. 

     Through the garden and hallway, the two houses became connected to each other.

    The two couples bump into each other, thus leaving together before talking about some affairs within the city.

    In a small yet refined room...

    When sunlight penetrates the window and bedazzles the sleeping boy, the boy wakes up and unhurriedly opens its eyes before gently rubbing them. Then he slowly and lazily gets up from the bed and walks out of his room.

    The Head Maid that awaiting her Young Master, hurriedly walks behind the boy in silence, before guiding him to the dining table. 

    As the boy finish his food, he immediately and energetically ran towards the garden hoping for someone to be there already.

    In another household...

    A girl woke up cheerfully before getting up from her bed.

    As the girl hummed silently and immersed herself in happiness, a Head Maid was watching her with a smile on her lips.

    Then after a few moments, the girl dismissed the Head Maid before running towards the garden hoping someone was already there.

In the garden...

    Two children, coming from the opposite direction, walks toward the garden, having an anticipated smile.

    The garden which has many kinds of fragrant flowers became quite an attraction.

    Breathtaking scenery surrounds the garden as it is capable of relaxing and soothing someone's mind.

    The grass was green and soft, refreshing when it touch the body.

    The air was pure and clean, capable of cleansing exhaustion.

    "Hey, Xialin, are we going to cultivate?" 

    "Yeah, are you ready?"

    "Of course."

    "Then let's start."

    Taking out the book, the two read the instructions properly before doing it.

    First, the two make a posture, sitting on the ground cross-legged while their hands were placed on their knee, just like the drawing written in the book.

    Second, they start to focus and closed their eyes, before doing the instructions from the book.

    "The energy from Heaven and Earth Source was running around the entire world and continuously filling every corner and space of it. Wherever you stand and meditate, there will be an energy that will surely pass by. When you feel the energy touch your skin, lead and fuse it immediately into your body."

    Enthusiastically waiting for a touch of energy, two children become immersed in their own world. 

   When two children finally feel the energy touch them, they immediately use their minds to instruct it.

    To their surprise, the energy as if having an intellectual, really fused in their flesh, giving them a strong sensation.

     Black gases leak out from their flesh, completely being cleansed.

    The two continue instructing again and again and from time to time, black gases escape their flesh, before being washed away by the energy of their surroundings. 

    Ordinary State starts becoming Strong Maniac, but unfortunately, the two were still far away from achieving it.

    To achieve the Strong Maniac state, ones need to fuse their whole body with energy to make it strong. And from the looks of it, the two of them can only achieve it if they continue cultivating for about three to five more days. But their growth was considered a peerless genius since detecting energy is difficult, especially for their age.

    As time flew by, the aura of the two children increased by a small gap. The two can now also feel that their flesh became a part of the energy in their surroundings. Their body becomes sturdier and strong as well.

    The two of them were satisfied by their growth and read the book once again.

    "The ordinary ones only need their whole body fused with energy to become Strong Maniac."

    "So, we only need to fuse our whole body with energy?"

    As of now, the only body parts that the two fused with energy is only both of their hands.

    Their hands that as flawless as their face, were now exuding a weak aura of energy from Heaven and Earth Source.

    "Yeah, but look at here, it says 'only need'. What do you think it means?" 

    "Only need? Maybe we can fuse some more parts of our body with energy other than our whole body?"

    "But what does whole body means?"

    "Our flesh?"

    "So, to be extraordinary, one needs to become ordinary first! That's the meaning of this! Others were at a Strong Maniac state or higher already since birth, so their only body parts being fused with energy is their flesh since they don't have any chance to fuse at all! While we, an ordinary, can fuse energy not only in our flesh but also in other parts that we want to. So that's the meaning of, 'Legend said that extraordinary was born from ordinary'!"

    "Wow, I think you're right."

    "Hahaha, they mock us just because we're only ordinary but they didn't know the true worth of being born ordinary!"

    "But, how can we prove your statement?"

    As the two ponder if Zhowen was right or wrong, footsteps were heard, coming closer to the garden.

    Then, out of nowhere, two figures walk together towards the two, who are sitting on the grass. One boy and one girl. They were both beautiful and elegant but compared to the two sitting on the ground, they still pale in comparison.

    "Yow... Zhowen, how are you?" 

    "I'm fine." 

    The four of them were quite close to each other since all of them were children from someone with a high position in the city.

    "How about the two of you?" 

    Hugging became a greeting to four children.

    "We're just fine. What are you two doing?"

    "Cultivating."

    "Oh, finally, you're cultivating. I hope you can cultivate until the contest so that we can fight in the arena. Ahahhaha."

    "Don't worry, we can finish this in another four to five days."

    "I hope so." 

    Remembering something, Zhowen and Xialin look at each other, making the other two nervous.

    "Hey, Chloe, can I ask a favor?" 

    "Yes, of course. What is it?" 

    "Does your flesh the only one fused with energy?" 

    "Yes. Why?"

    "Nothing. You see, Shawn, we already fused both of our hands with energy. Hahaha." 

     Zhowen and Xialin were quite afraid, to tell the truth, as it can be their trump card someday.

    "Yeah." 

    "You're right. And you can reach our level someday. Hahaha, we should not slow down our cultivation speed or else we'll be overtaken. Hahaha." 

    "What makes you two come here?" 

    "Nothing. We just want to play with both of you." 

    "Oh, play? Do you want to play our new game?" 

    "Yeah." 

    "Okay."

    Behind the tall bushes, an isolated room can be found.

    The room looks old and dusty but was still refined and gives off a mysterious aura.

    Countless books almost occupied the entire room, except for a large dining table placed in the center, as messy as possible.

      Pieces of paper scattered around the floor, adding to its thrill.

    As the four enter the room, Zhowen then goes to the drawer, placed it in the corner, and takes out a deck of handmade cards.

    Cards of different sizes and shapes were brought and placed on the table.

    Each card has a different drawing written on it. 

    "I and Xialin made a deck of cards, having different drawings on it but each has its respective pair. There are a total of 60 cards here, meaning there are 30 pairs of drawings. I will put down all the cards inversely and randomly on the table. Then we will guess and pick the pair of cards with the same drawing. If you pick a pair, then you can continue picking, but if you pick the wrong drawing, then it's the opponent's turn. Since it's only for two-person,  I will pair myself with Chloe while Xialin will be paired with Shawn."

    "Okay." 

    As everyone agrees, Zhowen starts to put down all the cards and the game began. It lasted for several hours with everyone interested in the game. Then after the game ends, the twin, Shawn and Chloe, start to go back to their home. The two also went back to their house and wait for their parents to come home.

                                                    "Everything Has a Purpose!"

12