Chapter 8: The Battle
143 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day...

     Zhowen and Xialin get up early, immediately preparing for a later tournament that will take place in the city. 

     By now, all people especially children, within the city were all excited and can't wait furthermore for the tournament to start. 

     This tournament was being celebrated every year to see the potential of a younger generation and act as qualifications for the recruitment of Higher Officials.

     Zhowen and Xialin, after preparing for the upcoming match, were filled with anticipation and anxiety, since it will be their first battle experience.

     At God's resident training ground...

     Two figures slowly walk out to ready themselves for the tournament later. 

     These two figures were none other than Shawn and Chloe. 

     Besides the prizes and fame, the twin was also one of the reasons why there are so many participants this year since some of them hold grudges towards them but were just ignored by the twin as their main goal was to defeat Xialin and Zhowen.

     "Chloe, you know what we need to do, right?" 

     "Yeah, and that is to defeat both of them!"

     "Yes, because in all of our games with them, we didn't even have a chance to win unless they were split apart."

     "Ok. Don't worry. We can win against them. After all, we're a Semi-God Strength while they are just Strong Maniacs. And in addition, a NEWLY Strong Maniac."

     "Don't underestimate them, because they were smart! They can plot something to win." 

     "Okay! And also you better do your promise if we win."

     "Don't worry, I will surely make Zhowen like you."

     "Thank you, brother. And also, I know that in the future, you stand a chance with Xialin."

 

     "Okay."

     Then both of them leave their house and go to the arena.

     The arena can be found in the center of the city.

     The arena was vast with the countless fixed seat allocated for spectators. The fixed seat was arranged in a circular style. 

    Below was a large rectangular floor that is used as the stage for battles. The arena's wall was all made from Saint-level Materials, thus having a sturdy and formidable structure. There's also a transparent roof above to let the sun shines below, lighting the inside.

     In the upper part of the arena, a magnificent golden chair was placed in the middle. 

     There are 12 exquisite silver chairs behind the golden chair that pale in comparison. The magnificent golden chair was assigned for God, the Master of the City, while the 12 silver chairs were assigned for the 12 saints of the city.

     The arena was getting fuller as time went by, as spectators excitedly took a seat.

     Other audiences, especially parents of participants, feel nervous, praying that their child will not be put in danger.

     As the tournament finally begins, all the fixed seats were occupied, leaving the latecomers to stand outside, just to watch the battle as well. The God and Saints were also present as well, silently watching the tournament.

    All participants were already waiting inside the waiting room that was specially made for them.

     Participants befriend each other, especially Zhowen and Xialin, who hold good looks.

     Fortunately, all participants were still unaware that the two were actually the child of the Saints since it was the first time they saw the pair outside.

     A moment later, a noise from participants went silent before glaring at the twin, Shawn and Chloe, who passed Zhowen and Xialin to go towards the first row. 

     A lot of children want to defeat the twin, but none succeed as the twin wields stronger strength.

     An announcer began to walk towards the center of the stage, getting the attention of all the audience watching from above.

     "Ladies and Gentlemen, Good Morning to all of you. I'm sure that all of you are excited about today's tournament." 

     "But before we begin the match, I shall first explain the rules of this tournament. First, this tournament has three rounds that will determine the champion. 

     In the first round, You're Out, all the participants will be grouped by their grades to avoid unfairness. All the participants with the same grade will be placed on the stage at the same time respectively, before giving them a time limit. 

     Participants will need to make other participants out of the stage to be able to advance to the second round. The ones who manage to last on the stage after the time limit will be the ones who advance to the next round."

     "In the second round, Let's Fight To The End, the remaining participants need to find a pair. Each pair will receive a token that they need to protect. All pairs also need to steal the token of others to advance to the last round. For the next round, it will only need five pairs, which will determine the top ten genius child of the city.

     In the last round, If You Can, the remaining ten participants will pick fellow participants they want to challenge. The winners will be able to increase their rank while the losers will get their rank down."

     "Then, since most of us were already excited in this tournament, we will now begin the groupings." 

     "For this year, we have 102 participants which if grouped, we will have 28 Strong Maniac, 24 Mighty Maniac, 30 Semi-Saint Strength, 15 Saint Strength, 0 Mighty Saint, and 5 Semi-God Strength. And since each grade needs at least 5 winners, the Semi-God Strength will be excepted and will advance to the next round." 

     In the waiting room...

     "Wow, Shawn, you're excepted." 

     "Hahaha. Good luck to the both of you!" 

     "Thanks." 

      Xialin and Zhowen left a smile before going towards the stage with other Strong Maniac.

     "Then, let's now call the 28 Strong Maniac here in this stage." 

     All 28 participants were present on the stage, making the audience excited as cheers echoed nonstop, especially coming from the parents of the participants. 

     Of 28 participants, the ones who took the most attention from the audience were none other than Zhowen and Xialin, since their appearances were way above the rest. They look like a God mixed with his creation.

     In the upper part of the arena...

     "Saint Crimson and Saint Thunder, is that two, your child?"

     "That's right."

     "Oh, so they also become a cultivator."

     "Yes, they have just broken through last week." b

     "What a good-looking brat!"

     "Hahaha, thanks." 

     In the arena, the audience was now getting impatient as the announcer just won't start the match already. 

     Other participants inside the waiting room, also wait for the match to begin, as to observe carefully.

  

     In the stage, all the participants prepare themselves while measuring the stage. 

      The stage was quite large since even though all of them were on it, with 3 m apart, it still has enough wide space.

     "All of you have only 5 minutes. Let's the first round begins!" 

     As the round began, all participants began to attack and utilize their own skills as a means to out the others.

     "Northern Star Fist!" 

     One contestant makes his fist like a star, brimming with destructive energy.

     Boom! 

     Two participants were sent flying landing on the ground.

     "Two participants, out!" 

     "Doomsday Fist!" 

     Another participant filled her fist with destruction, capable of destroying everything.

     Bang!

     Three contestants were also sent flying outside the stage, receiving injuries.

     "Five were out!" 

     The audience eagerly watched the battle.

     "Wow, that kid has strong skill."

     "Hey look at that girl, she looks weak but she has a  strong physical body."

     "Yeah, these kids really have a potential to become stronger because even though they are only at Strong Maniac state, they can already utilize some Normal Skills. And also, they were still young. Most of them were only five years old."

     "Hey! Look at that two good-looking brats. Why they are not moving?!"

     "Yeah, and they were not getting attacked!"

     In the upper part of the arena...

     "Hey, Saint Crimson, why does your son not moving?" 

     "I don't know." 

     "They may not move, but they are attacking." 

     "What? You're saying that they're attacking... They're really attacking." 

     "Your kid likes to help each other, don't they?" 

     "Hahaha, it was because they only interact with each other aside from the twin of the Great God." 

     "Hahaha." 

     "But I got to say that their posture is really good. It looks like they're in that position for almost a hundred years." 

     "Yeah." 

     On the stage.

     "Hahaha, are you being a coward?"

     A certain participant disdained the two.

     "Are you just here to show off your face?!" 

    Another participant got pissed off.

     "Since you don't want to move, then get out!" 

     A certain contestant attracts the other contestants, charging toward Zhowen and Xialin.

     Almost half the number of contestants run towards the two, who are still composed and maintaining their meditating position.

     The audience got eaten by bewilderment just from watching the two, as the two just let the others get close to them.

     "Are the two of them a retard?"

     "Do they want to get beaten up?!"

     "Maybe they already want to get eliminated from the tournament."

     In the waiting room.

     All the participants were watching the battle. At first, excitement and praise for others' skills filled the room but when others start to join forces and attack the two, surprise and shock filled their eyes as all of them how calm the two are.

     "Are the two really stupid or just fooling the other contestant?!"

     "Hahaha, I bet that these two will be thrown out of the stage."

     "Okay, then I bet that this was just a trick of the two!"

     "Okay, I agree with just a trick!"

     "I agree that the two will be thrown."

     "Then I bet that the half will be thrown off the stage!" 

     Shawn shocked other participants, quietening down the room.

     "Me too."

     "Why did you think so?" 

     "Just watch." 

     Half participants run crazily toward the two like a horde of zombies. 

     To all surprise, the two slowly open their eyes, looking like a God awakening after thousand of deep slumber, making their eyes glow faintly.

     "What a good-looking lad! If he was to marry my daughter, I will approve it!"

     "Hahaha, that girl was so beautiful!"

     "Their parents will surely be proud, but what a waste! They're getting eliminated already."

     "Hey watch out!"

     Zhowen and Xialin slowly open their eyes, calm despite the threat from other contestants. 

       Feeling the energy from their surroundings, the two start to control it.

       Slowly raising their hands, the two calmly slap the void horizontally.

      Shock and terror filled the eyes of everyone as a loud rumbling sound rang around the stage. 

     Not a loud one, but was enough to awake everyone.

     Slap! Slap!

     In the void, two large exquisite energy palms, tall as a wall, emerge and imitate the action of the two.

     Bang! Bang!

     A large smoke screen covered the aftermath. 

     Half of the contestants attacking the two were instantly sent flying outside the stage. 

     "19 contestants were out!" 

     The stage sustained little damage from the impact, but the attack was still moving sideward, alarming audiences sitting at that position.

    An overseer came immediately, nullifying the energy palm although it can't damage anything.

     Flabbergasted faces from the audience appeared, not expecting that kind of turn of events.

     "What a strong skill!"

     "Are you dumb? That's not a skill! It just controlling the energy or can be considered a normal attack!"

     "What?! They can control the energy to that level?"

     "Yes."

     "What a talented child. Not they're only good-looking but also strong!"

     In the upper part of the arena.

     "Wow, Saint Crimson, Saint Thunder, your child is incredible." 

     "Thanks." 

     "Did you teach them?" 

     "No, they just learned it themselves." 

     "Oh, what a genius child."

     In the waiting room.

     "What?!"

     "Incredible!"

     "See? I told ya! And they didn't even use any skills!" 

     "Yeah, you're right!"

     "The two of them were most likely a Mighty Maniac!"

     "Yeah!"

     On the stage, nine participants remain, including Zhowen and Xialin. 

      The other seven participants were now scared of the two, thus ignoring them and just fighting on their own.

     As the time limit was over, the first round for Strong Maniac ended with only 4 participants standing on the stage.

     "Congratulations, Zhowen, Xialin, Kai, and Lye. The four of you will advance to the second round with the other 5 Semi-God Strength."

            "Everyone Has Their Own Strength!"

4