Chapter 10: The Token
124 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The fourth battle also began and ended with Mint, Shade, Rolly, Drake, and Kyle as the winner. 

As all participants have the strength of Saint Strength, the fourth battle became the most intense one.

Powerful skills were deployed by every contestant, exciting the audience.

As the first round of the tournament ended, the announcer gave all participants a one-hour break to rest and regain some of their strength to carry on to the next round.

And as the participants were taking a break inside the waiting room, the announcer went inside secretly, gathering all participants' attention.

"Everyone, please gather in front."

 20 participants went forward.

"Participants, I need you to find a partner within 5 minutes." 

With such a short time limit, contestants went into a panic, finding their partner before the time limit ends.

"I assume that everyone has already found their pair, so please go to your own partner right now and list your name beside your partner's name on this paper (putting a white paper on the table, beside the announcer) before I'll give the token to each pair after this."

"The first pair is Shawn and Chloe. Your token is Red. 

 The second pair is Richard and Katy, your token is Blue. 

 The third pair is Oscar and Fred, your token is Green. 

 The fourth pair is Mint and Rolly, your token is Violet.

 The fifth pair is Shade and Drake, your token is Black.

 The sixth pair is Kyle and Rosie, your token is Pink.

 The seventh pair is Green and Faith, your token is Yellow.

 The eighth pair is Claire and Mike, your token is Orange.

 The ninth pair is Zhowen and Xialin, your token is White.

 And the last pair is Kai and Lye, your token is Brown."

"Alright. You can continue your rest."

As the announcer stepped outside the waiting room to guard, all participants become heated and hectic, as everyone look at the token in their palm.

Those who received the token flooded it with praises.

"Hahaha, this token is so beautiful." 

"Yeah, and they are Lord-level materials." 

"It's really beautiful!" 

Xialin look at the white token in her palm and was captivated by it.

The token was circular and was not big or small. It has a mysterious print on its surface, finding it hard to predict the meaning it has. 

This print really piqued and aroused the curiosity of the two as the two were really fond of mysterious things. 

In the center of the token was a small gem that shines faintly, making the whole token exquisite.

"Do you like it?"

"Why? Will you give me something like this?" 

"Where in the world can I get something like that?!"

"Hahaha, just kidding. But I'm hoping."

"Then don't hope. Just ask your parents and they can give you a thousand of that."

"I'm just curious about the print and gem." 

"Me too. It looks mysterious, right?"

"Hey, what are you talking about?"

The twin can't afford to be left behind by the two.

"Oh, the print and gem of the token. We're just curious about it." 

"Ah, it's really mysterious indeed." 

"What do you notice on the print?"

"A lightning striking something?" 

"So it really looks like lightning, right?!"

"Yes." 

"But it's not lightning." 

A sentence alone manages to intrigue everyone's attention.

Even the announcer outside the waiting room, who was secretly observing, was startled by Zhowen's claim. As he was influenced, he also look at the token in his hand.

Despite announcing for many years already, using this token, again and again, he can't just understand its meaning and thought it was just a bolt of lightning as well.

"Then what is it?" 

"Let's say it was an energy." 

"Huh? How can this be energy? Pftt..."

An announcer almost laughed out loud.

"Are you joking?"

One contestant was actually expecting such a reasonable explanation from Zhowen but just became disappointed.

"This line that was like lightning is an energy?" 

"Just don't listen to him. We're just going to be crazy."

"Then, explain why this line becomes energy?" 

Fred looking at Zhowen and Xialin knew that these children are not that simple, thus showing interest in the token in his hand.

"Oh, I get it now! Why didn't I figure it out before you! Zhowen, you win this time, but I will beat you next time!" 

"Hahaha, that is if you can beat me!"

"What? So it was really energy?" 

The announcer was now really confused.

"How can a child be more intelligent than me?!" 

The announcer's confidence starts to crumble.

"I didn't say that the line was the energy! I was saying that it was only representing the energy. Anyways, where can you find the gem?"

"In the center. It's obvious, duh!" 

Fred was now anticipated to hear Zhowen more, get more clues from him about the print. The announcer also listens to Zhowen attentively.

"You're right about that. It was in the center. But in what center?" 

Being influenced, everyone looks at the token again.

"Are you kidding me? Of course in the middle of the token?" 

"Why don't you just say it already?!" 

"Between the smaller circle with a thin gap." 

Fred tried to take a guess but the information was still vague.

Seeing that someone saw something, the announcer was curious, and shock filled his face as he really saw a small gap enclosing the gem.

"What incredible eyesight these two brats have!"

"So, what about them being in the center of the small circle?" 

"You still can't figure it out?" 

"Yes. Your clue is still so vague. We're not that smart as you two."

"But what can I get if I continue to tell you about the meaning of this print?"

"I will give you this. So please, just tell me the meaning of this print." 

Though reluctant, Fred took out an old scroll, exuding a strong aura, just to get the answer he had anticipated.

Some written forms can be found on the scroll, looking refined thus attracting Zhowen and Xialin.

"Is this a skill?" 

"Yes. Zhowen, if you're willing to tell me the meaning, I can give it to you."

"What a strong aura!" 

"What grade is it?" 

Despite the offer in his hand, Zhowen manages to be calm and act as if not bothered.

On the other hand, Xialin looks at Zhowen as if saying, 'if it's a Higher Skill, let me learn it too, okay?', making Zhowen smirk at her. 

This annoyed her but suppress it since Zhowen might really not share it with her if he gets angry at her.

The announcer also took a peek out of curiosity and was surprised to see the scroll.

"What? He's willing to give the Higher Skill just for the sake of this print?" 

"A Higher Skill." 

"What?! A Higher Skill?" 

"What a rich guy!"

"Okay, Deal."

Zhowen didn't hesitate to put the scroll in his pocket.

"Hey, Zhowen, let me learn it too, okay?" 

Shawn was intrigued by the skill since it was more powerful than the higher skill he already comprehended.

"Okay." 

"Then now that you got it, tell me about it now."

"Fine. The line represents the energy, while the gem represents the Heaven and Earth Source. As you can see, the line was actually connected to the gem and not on the small circle." 

 A claim stupefies everyone, as the explanation just doesn't make sense. Everyone can't help but take another look again.

"It's indeed connected to the gem if it was observed properly!" 

Everyone was shocked to see that the line was indeed connected to the gem.

"It's really like what he said. But how can it becomes the Heaven and Earth Source just by looking at this?" 

"How can it become the Heaven and Earth Source? Are you joking me?" 

"Because, where do you think the Heaven and Earth Source is located?" 

"..." 

Fred and the announcer were rendered speechless as they can't answer such a question.

"Why? Did you know its location?... How can a mere child like you, know where it is located, when even the eldest people who travel around the entire world don't know where it can be found?!"

"So, did anyone find the Heaven and Earth Source between Heaven and Earth?" 

Everyone, except Xialin, can't keep up with how Zhowen's mind works.

"Hey, you're explanation is complicated. Let me explain it to Fred." 

"Okay." 

"Okay, let's everyone look at the token again. In the token, there was a big circle with a wide gap that was beside the edge of the token, right?"

"Yeah." 

"Then in this gap, can you see any line?" 

"In just the middle of the gap and not on the entire gap as it becomes a circle line between the gap, splitting it into two!"

"That's right. The gap in the edge of the token is only one, not two. It represents Heaven. 

According to the book, the energy from the Heaven and Earth Source were only sealed inside the world and cannot escape heaven as it becomes the barrier that protects the world from the outside which exactly corresponds to the large circle with a wide gap and the line, as the line stop in the middle of the gap and formed a circle line which is the barrier.

The token represents the world. 

The line represents energy. The small circle with a thin gap represents the Earth while the gems represent the Heaven and Earth Source. 

What Fred said is right. There is really no one who knows the location of Heaven and Earth Source! But what Zhowen said is also right! Since there is also no one who can find the Heaven and Earth Source between Heaven and Earth.

The Heaven and Earth Source can't be located in Heaven since it was the barrier from the outside world leaving only one option, Earth. We can tell that it was in the inner part of Earth because of this token.

For my and his guess, these tokens were made to tell people the structure of the world. But all people just took it as a joke or design. And I can tell that this token was not human-made and it was a treasure found somewhere else which just used as a token for this tournament which is a complete waste."

A clearer explanation convinces everyone.

"So, that's how it is!"

"What she said really makes sense."

"How can she know it?"

"Who are that two? Why do they know a lot?"

Grinning, Fred became excited, scaring Zhowen and Xialin.

    "Knowledge Can Make Someone Powerful!"

7