Chapter 12: Reward
104 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Catching his breath, Edgar finally reach the waiting room with all participants excitedly talking about the incoming next round, while some were already planning on what tactics they would use.

Remembering his errand, Edgar finds the two, Zhowen and Xialin, playing with the twins.

"Hey, Zhowen and Xialin, come with me for a while.."

"Where are we going, Sir?"

Seeing the serious yet anticipated expression on Edgar's face, the two was sure that it would be important.

"Just somewhere."

With the vague answer, the two children didn't bother to ask anymore, since they also knew that Edgar might not tell even if they ask, and just obediently follow, reaching the place where God and the 12 Saints sat.

"Greetings to the Great God!" 

The two children were actually surprised to see their parents, glaring at them, before greeting the Great God. They didn't expect that the announcer would bring them here. Anxiety starts to eat them, thinking that they had done something terrible.

A handsome middle-aged man, the Great God has white hair and gives off a feeling of righteous aura.

"Great God, did you call us, the mere child of your Saint, here?"

Being taught by their parents how to greet the Great God, Xialin and Zhowen bow down, not daring to look at that face.

"Hahaha... You two were not just 'mere'. And Yes, I indeed call the two of you to be here." 

"May we... have the guts to ask... the reason why the Great God ask us to be here?" 

As Xialin was still trembling, Zhowen try to speak with Great God, comforting Xialin.

"I only want to ask the both of you about something." 

"Can you please give us the honor to tell us what is it that the Great God wants to ask?" 

"Haha... I only want to know where did you get the information about the token?"

"Oh, how... how can the Great God say that it came from both of us? We're still only a child, Great God. You overpraised us." 

Zhowen and Xialin were surprised to know how the Great God know about the token and unexpectedly look at Edgar, who avoid their inquiring gaze.

"Hahaha..."

Seeing how these two children in front of him lied to him, instead of getting angry, he just felt like laughing, as the two were indeed quite smart.

The four Saints, the parents of the two, actually got worried when they heard the lie, but seeing how the Great God laugh, the four sighed in relief.

"Hey, Xialin, just tell the truth. We already know that it came from both of you. Edgar heard the two of you." 

"Hahaha, I didn't know that you're child is good at answering."

"Even myself don't know why they become like this."

"Oh, so you already know it, Great God. We're sorry for lying. Please... forgive us." 

Embarrassed, the two children felt like they already want to go back to the waiting room to hide.

"It's okay. Just tell me where did you get it."

As the Great God become serious, the two children also know that they can't deny it now or else their parents might be placed in danger. Taking the green book, The Origin of The World, Xialin gives it to the Great God.

"We just get it from an old book called The Origin of The World."

"Xialin, do you always carry books?" 

Xialin's mother, Greylin, was actually surprised to sense numerous books in her daughter's bag. She can't help but feel embarrassed.

"No, mother. Zhowen carries it for me." 

Zhowen, who was a little self-conscious, felt embarrassed, especially the way the Saints look at him. His mother, Frosty, smiled making him want to hide.

"What a gentleman."

A tall yet skinny saint, Peter, said, making Zhowen go red.

"Hahaha." 

The four parents just went with the flow and laughed, as no words came to mind.

As the Saints were still immersed in their laughter, the Great God opened the book and immediately read all of its contents.

"Why can't I see about the token in this book?"

"Because you need to combine all the small details to arrive at that conclusion." 

"So, can you tell us the part in which you get the information?" 

As Zhowen accept the book, he began to search for the page that hold the information they used in their explanation. After a while, with Xialin's help, the two find the pages they were found, 30, 39, 45, and 60, before pointing each particular sentence as they show it towards God and Saints.

"According to all the travelers who travel around the entire world, the world can be said to be round or in circle shape as it has no endpoint." 

"The energy in the surroundings can be considered as the roots of the world as they were the one who supports and gives life to all the living things inside the world."

"The Earth can be considered the kidney of the world as it was the one who filters the energy and makes it consumable while Heaven was the one who can be considered as the skin, as it was the one who protects the world from the outside and entraps the world." 

"The Heaven and Earth Source were the ones who give birth to the energy of the surrounding."

After Zhowen showed all the details, all the Saints and even God were shocked and astonished by the wisdom that the two possess.

"What an intelligent child!" 

"Thanks." 

"Of course, after all, he's my child. Hahaha!" 

"It really makes sense. Here, I will give this to both of you as a reward." 

God was really pleased with the answer that Zhowen and Xialin gave him, thus making him grab something from the void, splitting it into two, and out of nowhere, two tyrannical and imposing weapons land on the hands of both children, as his gift.

A mighty and majestic sword, that was as long and big as Zhowen himself, fell on the latter's hand.

Made from lord-level silver metal, the sword contains the powers equaled to Lord Level Weapon.

The frame of the sword was like a long fence with a hollow in the center, having a mysterious crystal embedded in it, thus making the entire sword exudes a frightening aura. 

Covered by an unknown flexible blue tire graven with a small figure sitting on the clouds, the hilt of the sword looks refined.

The hilt of the sword was covered by some unknown flexible blue rubber with a cloud shape and a small figure graven on it. 

Fascinated by the sword, Zhowen slowly grabs it, getting an electric shock that rushes towards his whole body. 

Even though it was long and heavy, for him, it was just like lifting a feather. He was really satisfied with the sword as his face was filled with excitement and joy.

On the other hand, an elegant and refined dagger fell toward Xialin

Having the same length of her arms, the dagger can't be considered short. Slightly curved and made from lord-level silver metal, the frame of her dagger became interesting as it also holds an equivalent power to any Lord Level weapon, just like the sword.

Blooming lotus under the moon, floating on a clear pond was plastered on its hilt, making Xialin bewitched to hold it.

Getting the same shock as Zhowen, she held the dagger as if part of her body.

 

"The weapons that I gave both of you were Lord-level Weapons. I hope that you will use it wisely. It was the reward for your explanation about this mysterious print." 

God felt satisfied seeing those happy faces of his receiver.

"Thank you, Great God. We will use it wisely and treasure it dearly."

"Great God, there's only one thing I, this mere child, want to ask? Do we need to bring this weapon into this state?" 

"Hahaha, you can shrink it." 

"How can we shrink it, Great God?" 

Xialin was also troubled, since they can't just bring their weapon, as big as this, to the waiting room.

"Just envelop your weapon with your own energy, then make it into any shape you like." 

"Oh, thank you for your graciousness, Great God."

The 12 Saints just watch the two silently. They can't help but smile, especially the proud parents.

As the two cover their own weapon with energy, the two began to imagine a shape they want their weapon to take form.

Zhowen imagines the shape of a flexible belt while Xialin imagines a shape of a bracelet.

A moment later, the long sword slowly became a flexible belt, just fitted for his waist, making him more handsome. On the other hand, the refined dagger slowly became a bracelet, exactly locking her wrist, complementing her porcelain skin.

Grateful, the two once again thanked the Great God, before going back towards the waiting room with Edgar's guide, as second rounds were about to begin.

As they leave, 12 Saints and God immersed themselves in talk, talking about the wisdom and knowledge the two children possess.

              "Only The Talented One Can Get A True Reward!"

2