Chapter 13: Second Round Begins!
107 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the two children return to the waiting room, the announcer, Edgar then resumes his duty, still contemplating the token and awards.

As of now, Edgar can't still afford or find a way to obtain or possess a Lord Level Weapon, but those 5, just by using their intelligence, actually have it already! He can't do anything about it, so he just gritted his teeth in jealousy.

The two children went to where the twin is, being asked before they could even sit.

"Where did you go?" 

Shawn, seeing Zhowen with Xialin felt jealous.

"Just somewhere." 

As the two can't still completely trust the twins, Zhowen lie while Xialin remained silent.

"Where?!"

Chole was feeling the same way that his brother feels. The two were just always together, whenever they went, when someone asked them, or in other situations as well.

"I can't say it."

"Why? Is it because we're not worthy of knowing?"

"It's not like that..."

"Then tell us, where did you go?

"

"Fine! I'll tell you, we go with your dad. Your dad ask us where did we get the information about the token."

"So, it was like that."

"Yeah."

"Wait... Xialin, I didn't see you having this bracelet earlier, so where did you get this?" 

Chloe, who's observant when it comes to Xialin, notices the beautiful bracelet on Xialin's wrist while holding it a little tightly causing Xialin to feel pain since Chloe is still a Semi-God Strength.

"Yeah, I really didn't see that bracelet earlier."

"Uhm... We... Zhowen buy it for me when we passed by in some stores."

Xialin was feeling complicated, and thinking of a lie, surprising Zhowen who didn't expect to be dragged into the situation.

"Is that true, Zhowen?" 

The twin finds it suspicious.

"Uhm... Yeah, she then buys me this as an exchange." 

Not wanting to embarrass Xialin, Zhowen then went with the flow, showing his belt that surprised the twin.

"What?! You buy something this beautiful just for yourself?" 

"It's not like that. We... we just thought that the two of you already have all the higher-level things inside this city, and might get disappointed with our gift, so we just give it back to the store." 

"Even so, anything is just fine as long as it comes from the both of you!"

"Okay, then we just buy you something, next time."

"Okay, I will wait for that!"

As the one-hour break ended, the tournament resumed and started the second round.

As all participants ready themselves for the next battle, their anxiousness and excitement collide, causing them to feel numb, completely forgetting about the token and tactics they discussed earlier.

"Okay, ladies and gentlemen, I'm sure that all of you are already impatient for the second round to begin, but first, I will just explain the changes to the rules for the second round, since the remaining participants were fewer than we had expected.

For the qualifications to advance to the third round, each pair need to steal only one token.

After each pair steal a token from the others, they can start to try and fuse the two elements, fire and water. 

The contestant who was being snatched can still get the chance to take back their token by disturbing the pair who were trying to fuse the two elements.

Those first five pairs who can fuse the fire and water can advance to the third round and will be ranked accordingly." 

In the audience.

"What? Fusion of fire and water? How can that be possible?"

"Hahaha, this is getting exciting, doesn't it?"

"I wonder how can the contestant fuse the two elements."

"Aside from fusing, isn't it a big disadvantage for the pair who has the lowest cultivate state?"

"Since you said that, I also began to sympathy those children."

"Hahaha, after all, it's survival of the fittest."

On the stage...

All participants were already standing as they start to position themselves, becoming wary of the strategy of others.

Each pair were placed together with one of them holding the token. The token can't be hidden inside their bodies and should be placed in a place where participants can steal it.

"Let's the second round, begin!"

Then all the participants began to move just like a predator finding its prey.

"Electric Palm!" 

 Shade did something to his fist as it began to have an electric current, shooting towards the pair of Kai and Lye, paralyzing them.

"Shade and Drake already steal a token and were trying to fuse the fire and water."

"Mysterious Random Punch!"

Shawn wants to show off, so he makes his fists start to take the form of many shapes until they stopped, taking a form of a wall, pushing the pair of Mint and Rolly until they collapse on the ground. Chloe then immediately steals the token just like an eagle grabbing its prey.

"Shawn and Chloe can already try to fuse the two elements."

"Shadow King Territory!"

Fred, using the same skill from before, makes his shadow attack the pair of Green and Faith, successfully obtaining their token.

"Oscar and Fred can already try to fuse the two elements."

"Lord Execution Punch!" 

Richard, seeing that Shawn had already shown off, doesn't want to be outdone, so he throws his punch, capable of becoming a sword, towards the pair of Kyle and Rosie, causing the two to receive an internal injury as both of them were knocked out.

"Richard and Katy can already try to fuse the two elements."

"Earth Prison Hell!" 

Zhowen also felt pressured by his opponent, thus forcing him to use one of his Higher skills. 

Zhowen points his hand towards the pair of Claire and Mike before closing it. As soon as Zhowen close his hand, the floor began to tremble and form a crack from where Claire and Mike standing, startling the pair as an eerie prison began to emerge from the ground entrapping them. The prison was burning all around making the pair scared to death.

"Emperor's Magnetic Finger!" 

Xialin, who knows what Zhowen is trying to do, complimented his skill. She point her slender index finger towards the imprisoned pair as a terrible suction force began to appear at the end of her finger, sucking all the things from its surroundings including the token that Mike was holding. 

The two prisoners were being sucked as well by the suction force but thanks to the Earth Prison Hell, they were not sucked away, but it doesn't mean they were happy about it as they still sustained some burns from the prison.

"Zhowen and Xialin can already try to fuse the two elements."

The two run towards the location of the fire and water, as they start to think of a way to fuse it.

The fire and water were incompatible with each other, which gives all the pair a headache as they still trying to fuse it.

"Since they just said to fuse, then it doesn't matter what state they are, isn't it?" 

Xialin and Zhowen seem to agree as they think of a possible solution.

Covering both elements with energies, the two held one element. Both elements were not big, so they didn't find it too hard to achieve.

Then, Zhowen starts to move the fire, covered by his energy, below the water, while Xialin lifts upward the water, covered by her energy, to let Zhowen be capable of placing the fire beneath the water.

Xialin slowly lowered the water making it contact with the fire as the fire started to evaporate it. Then Zhowen immediately solidifies the void as it sealed the air, which comes from the evaporation. 

After making sure that the air can't escape, Xialin continues to lower the water but was still careful since the water can extinguish the fire. 

The evaporation only happens because the energy of Xialin serves as a container preventing the fire from directly touching water. It was just like boiling water. But the energy of fire was bit by bit transferred towards the water.

The water starts to become drained while the fire starts to lose its heat as well. Then after a while, the two finally used up all the water and fire from making evaporation before sealing the air. The air floats in the void, with a unique aura that interests the two.

"Zhowen and Xialin already fused the Fire and Water. Congratulations on advancing to the next round!" 

One sentence sends a warning to all remaining pairs while shocking Edgar.

He didn't expect that the two would fuse the two elements differently.

"As I thought, those two were able to advance to the next round." 

The pairs who were trying to disturb the two, become disappointed since the two already finished fusing the elements before they even land their attack.

In the audience.

"Wow, these kids were really strong!"

"As expected, they start to steal the token from the weak!"

"Hais... But look at those two good-looking brats, they are able to steal a token?!"

"You're right! I thought I was just seeing things wrongly!"

"How come those two are powerful?!"

"Hey, look at the twin, that attack from Shawn is so strong!"

"Of course, it's a Higher skill!"

"What?! A Higher Skill?! As expected from the child of God?"

"Hey, the skill those two good-looking brats were also a Higher Skills, and it looks more terrifying than the skill Shawn displayed!"

"It's indeed a Higher Skill!"

"How come these two were able to learn a Higher Skill with just a Strong Maniac State?!"

"What an incredible child!"

In the upper part of the arena.

"Wow, Great God, the skill that your son displayed was a Higher Skill."

"Shawn was really a genius indeed." 

"They're just an 8-year-old child, but they can already deploy some Higher Skill?" 

"Hahaha... it's because they're really cultivating well." 

God was pleased with continuous praise from his Saints. 

"What? Even those two good-looking brats can also utilize some Higher Skills? Saint Thunder, Saint Crimson, I can say that you're child is really talented."

"How come they can utilize Higher Skills?"

Saint Frosty, the mother of Zhowen was feeling surprised as she really didn't expect it from her child.

"Don't tell me, this is their hidden trump card?" 

"Our kids make us proud."

"It's only natural those two can learn Higher Skill as they can also figure out the meaning of the token."

"Hahaha... Those two really didn't disappoint me. I hope the weapon I gave them will be used to protect this city."

In the audience.

"Hey, look at those two good-looking children, are they actually fusing the elements or just depleting it?"

"What are those two doing?!"

"Hahaha, they already become crazy from this challenge!"

"Wait, those two are actually fusing it!"

"What?! You're right!"

"They're evaporating it to fuse it!"

"How intelligent these two are!"

"Hahaha, as I thought, they really didn't let me down!"

"Those four who were first to fuse the elements were starting to imitate the two as they saw that the elements were actually fusing, but too bad, they're not being careful as they extinguish the fire!"

"Hahaha, they actually thought that those two were just evaporating the water, but they didn't notice that both elements were covered by their energy!"

"Hey, Shawn and Chloe were also able to fuse the elements! As expected of the child from God!"

In the upper part of the arena.

"How intelligent. Since the announcer only said 'just try to fuse', the two start to evaporate it since the result or state was not counted as long as they were able to fuse it. Really intelligent."

"Thanks."

On the stage.

"Shawn and Chloe already fuse the Fire and Water. Congratulations on advancing to the next round!"

The remaining 8 pairs start to get crazy, trying to fuse the elements while the others try to take back their token as the slot becomes fewer.

The 8 pairs also get annoyed at the thought that two Strong Maniac were able to advance faster than them, who have a higher cultivation state.

"Richard and Katy already fused the Fire and Water. Congratulations on advancing to the next round!"

"Oscar and Fred already fused the Fire and Water. Congratulations on advancing to the next round!"

"Mint and Rolly already fused the Fire and Water. Congratulations on advancing to the next round!"

So the second round ended as the audience filled the whole arena with shouts and cheers.

           "Victory Is Not Based On Strength Alone!"

3