Chapter 14: Final Round
88 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the announcer officially starts announcing the ranking, ten contestants stand on the stage... with some seemingly unsatisfied.

"The participant who ranks first is Zhowen, a five-year-old child with Strong Maniac State.

Second place is Xialin, also a five-year-old child with a Strong Maniac State.

Third place is Shawn, an eight-year-old child with Semi-God Strength State.

Fourth place is Chloe, an eight-year-old child with Semi-God Strength State.

Fifth place is Richard, an eight-year-old child with Semi-God Strength State.

Sixth place is Katy, an eight-year-old child with Semi-God Strength State.

Seventh place is Oscar, a nine-year-old child with Semi-God Strength State.

Eighth place is Fred, a seven-year-old child with Semi-Saint Strength State.

Ninth place is Mint, an eight-year-old child with Saint Strength State.

And lastly, the tenth place is Rolly, an eight-year-old child with Saint Strength State." 

In the audience.

"Unbelievable! The weakest child was the one who rank first?"

"I'm really impressed with those two children for being on the top."

"How embarrassed those with the lower place would feel because they were beaten by a Strong Maniac State and especially a FIVE-year-old child! Hahaha"

"This looks interesting. Hahaha"

On the stage.

"How come you're higher than me?!" 

Mint, who was overconfident, was really unsatisfied with the result and confront the two.

"Yeah, you're only a Strong Maniac and yet you're higher than me?!"

Rolly, his friend, agreed.

"Why are you bullying them?! Are you indignant?" 

Shawn just disdained Mint and Rolly, as he dislikes those who are unreasonable just because of feeling indignant.

"Yeah! So what if we're indignant? It's still true that they shouldn't be on the top!"

"Hey! If you're just humiliated because these two beaten you, then just solve it on the stage!" 

Chloe, who became close with Zhowen and Xialin, of course, would try to defend them.

"Hmmph. Consider yourself lucky because these two protect you, if not, I already beat you!" 

Other contestants didn't try to complain about why the two were at the top as they saw and understand how intelligent those two were. Maybe they were the weakest in terms of strength but they were the strongest in terms of intelligence.

"Okay, as I said earlier, in this round, If You Can, everyone can challenge someone with a higher rank to increase their own rank. But there will be changes in challenges. Each person can only be challenged by five times. And if the person is able to win three times, then its position will be fixed."

"Let's the final round, begin!"

"I will challenge Zhowen, the first place!" 

Mint, who was really dissatisfied, want to prove that Shawn and Chloe were wrong. He... Or Others should be on the top, not them.

"Then the first battle will belong to Zhowen and Mint!"

Two contestants stand firmly in the center as the others began to walk down the stage.

"Let's the battle, begin!"

Zhowen and Mint look at each other with a dreadful gaze as they began to attack each other. Zhowen also has his temper, so he was naturally getting angry if someone looks down on him, and Xialin.

"King Eater Punch!" 

Mint, was an impatient brat, so he initiate the attack. He runs toward Zhowen with incredible speed, startling the latter, with his fist quickly accumulating energy, becoming a tiger's head trying to eat its prey.

The strength of Mint compared to Zhowen was extremely strong as Mint was higher than the other by two grades.

"So Far Yet So Near!"

Zhowen didn't dare to take the attack head-on as he was sure that the battle would be over in an instant, so he just deployed a higher skill as he avoid the attack, before going behind the attacker.

Mint didn't expect to see his opponent suddenly disappearing and going behind his back. 

His attack was for naught as it goes toward the audience. The overseer immediately nullified his attack.

"Golden Dragon Fist!" 

 Zhowen use this opportunity while Mint was still occupied, and make his fist start to form a dragon fist with a terrifying aura before striking it forward.

Boom!

Mint who received the full blow of Zhowen's attack, was sent flying as he collapse on the floor. 

Astonishment filled Mint's face, as he didn't expect Zhowen to be capable of suppressing him.

"How can you be so powerful?!" 

Mint, who sustained a minor injury, got wary of Zhowen and tried to step back.

"Hahaha, now you know it!" 

As he left a confident claim, Zhowen disappeared again, before appearing in front of Mint.

"Golden Dragon Fist!" 

Zhowen throws his punch towards the stomach of his opponent.

Mint receives the punch again since he can't just have the opportunity to avoid it, making his stomach bulge. He vomits blood and annoyance starts filling his head.

"How is this possible?! I have a supreme body?! Why?! Why I'm still beaten by you?!"

"Maybe I'm just strong!" 

"Haha, impossible. Your skill is the strong one. If not for that higher skill of yours, I already have beaten you as you're just like an ant in my eyes. You don't even have spiritual energy yet you can make me like this! Unbelievable"

Mint tries to back away, lifting his vigilance.

"So what if you have a supreme body, spiritual energy, nor true energy?! I can still beat you!" 

"How arrogant! Then let's see if you can beat me before you ran out of energy!" 

In the audience.

"Wow! That kid is really strong. To think that a Strong Maniac like him can beat a Saint Strength?!"

"Look at his skills! It's all Higher skill!" 

"Yeah, that's why he can able to beat him!"

"But I think even without his skill, he can still beat the ninth rank!"

In the upper part of the arena.

"Wow, Saint Crimson, the skills of your son are all Higher Skills."

"Did you teach your son?"

"No, even I, myself, were surprised as it is the first time we witness him using any skills."

On the stage.

"Nature Imperishable Shield!" 

Mint has no choice but to use a Higher Skill as well, making his body covered by green armor.

With leaves as an imprint, the green armor looks exquisite. It suits Mint as he became more handsome, looking as if a disciple of Nature God. The aura he exudes also went up.

"Now let's see if you can still beat me!" 

"King's Flaming Punch!" 

 

Mint sent his fist towards Zhowen before using his true energy to burn it like a sun, burning everything as he slammed it forward.

Sensing the tremor in that attack, Zhowen didn't hesitate to use his So Far Yet So Near skill to evade it before counter-attacking.

"Golden Dragon Fist!"

Zhowen also slams his dragon fist toward Mint's armor.

Clang!

There were slam-bang sounds created as the fist and armor collide. Both of them took several steps backward as the armor around Mint's body start to shatter.

"Impossible! How can you shatter my Nature Imperishable Shield?! It's also a Higher Skill?! How can you be stronger than me?!" 

"Secret."

Zhowen just give a mysterious smile, riling up the latter.

"Hmmph. Maybe you use ⅔ of your energy just to deploy that attack, making it possible to have equivalent power to an attack of someone with God Strength grade." 

Mint tries to take a hypothesis, surprising Zhowen.

Zhowen indeed use ⅔ of his energy to utilize the skill he used, as he discovered the thickness and sturdiness of Mint's armor.

"Haha, I think you're going to run out of energy!" 

Mint, who just use ¼ of his strength, grinned as he contempt Zhowen.

"You're correct about that. Since that was indeed the case, then let's just end this already!" 

Despite the other knowing his weakness, Zhowen still manages to be calm.

"Heaven's Lightning Strike!" 

Using all his remaining energy, half of his stored energy from his bones, and the energy from his surroundings, Zhowen gathers all of it together, becoming like a small sea, before directing it towards the sky, looking as if rays of sunlight.

The clear sky that indicates good weather suddenly became pitch black clouds as sonorous sounds of thunder followed. The pitch-black clouds start to rotate slowly and in the center of it was a violet terrifying lightning that makes all the audience feel scared.

Pointing in the direction of Mint, Zhowen makes the lightning strike his opponent. The lightning in the sky, as if having an intellectual, actually followed the direction and start to strike out!

Boom!

The lightning strikes down towards Mint, as Mint frantically runs away but was still reached by the lightning. His shattered armor was completely turned into ashes as the lightning continued to strike his body.

Sizzle! Sizzle!

His body become charcoal as his hair was messy and his body was completely naked if not for his underwear. He collapsed to the ground completely weakened.

"How can this be possible? How can you use that attack skillfully?! Why did you use all of your energy just to defeat me! " 

"Haha, it's a secret!"

Zhowen, using this opportunity, punch Mint again in his stomach causing him to be completely knocked out. He's not worried that he will get unconscious for overdoing things, since he has his secret, his bones that can store energy.

"The winner is Zhowen!" 

The announcer, Edgar, felt a bit scared of Zhowen now.

In the audience.

"What?! A bolt of lightning?!"

"How can he possibly summon lightning?!"

"Just how genius that child is! All of his skills are all Higher Skills! No wonder he becomes the top 1!"

"If I were in the position of that kid, maybe I will still be troubled!"

"Yeah, because it's a LIGHTNING! A fu*king lightning!"

"How sad for that kid who was struck by lightning. It's nearly impossible for him to advance in Invincible Heavenly God."

In the upper part of the arena.

"What? He summons a bolt of lightning?" 

"How can he possibly perform that skill with just a Strong Maniac State? And if he can perform that, its attack should only be as strong as a Semi-Saint Strength." 

"Didn't you see it clearly? He uses all of the energy in his body just for the sake of performing it. No wonder it was powerful. Even others can perform it strongly if, if only they were as intelligent as the two."

"Yeah, but my son didn't consider the situation. How can he now fight the others when he doesn't have energy left?" 

"What? You're still disappointed in our child when he's that strong already? How perfectionist you are, really?!" 

"It's not like that." 

"Even so, he still wins in the end." 

God interrupted, making the clamoring Saints silent.

In the waiting room.

"What?! He can use lightning as an attack?" 

Rolly, who agreed with Mint earlier, was shocked to see Mint actually lose to Zhowen.

"How can he beat Mint. Mint is a Saint Strength!" 

Katy can't help but also felt shocked. She thought she might not defeat Mint if she was still in Strong Maniac State.

"I told ya! He can beat him!" 

Chloe felt proud and fell even more for Zhowen.

"Yeah, I also believe that he can beat him." 

Shawn agreed but deep inside, he started to harbor jealousy as the latter was just so talented.

"So, are you convinced now?" 

"But... there are still five Semi-God strengths. Even though Mint is A Saint Strength, he's still an ant towards any Semi-God Strength. So I was not convinced!" 

"Hais... then I will challenge you! If I defeat you, you are convinced if not, then you're right!" 

"How arrogant are you?! Do you think you're at the same level as him?! Ha, dream on! You're just hiding from his back, so who are you to challenge me. Well, I'll gladly accept your challenge as I can get the second position!" 

Xialin can't help but feel angry, seeing someone look down and saying she's actually relying on Zhowen, but suppress it as she decided to beat that Rolly seriously.

"The first battle is over, and Mint can't continue to fight due to severe injuries, so he will be the Tenth placer."

              "Arrogance Will Bring Nothing But Humiliation!"

1