Chapter 15: Intense Battle
84 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I will challenge Rolly!" 

Xialin, who was angered by Rolly, surprised the audience and even her parents.

"You're higher than him, so are you sure about this?" 

The announcer, Edgar, just thought Xialin might just be rash.

"Yes." 

"Then lets the second battle belong to Xialin and Rolly!"

Edgar was still feeling reluctant, but as he was just an announcer, he didn't bother to stop her furthermore.

"Let's the battle, begin!" 

The two participants stands firmly on the stage while Zhowen weakly returned to the waiting room.

"Hey, you're incredible, you know!" 

Shawn praised, filled with jealousy inside. That skill he perform was really great and powerful. He wants to learn it too but was too ashamed to bring himself to ask Zhowen about it.

"Thanks." 

"Who teaches you that skill?"

Chloe, who's admiring Zhowen, asked. She can't help but saw Zhowen even more handsome. Although she was a bit older than him, she can't just stop herself from infatuating him.

"No one. I learn it from myself!"

"What?! Are you telling the truth?"

"Yeah, and if you don't believe it, then don't."

"Okay... I believe you."

This makes Shawn even more jealous of him, jealous of his talent and looks. He can't help but wish he was him instead.

"What?! You learn it yourself?! How incredible!" 

Richard was filled with disbelief when he heard the conversation between the three.

"Hais... No wonder you can defeat him. You're really smart!"

"Thanks."

On the stage.

"Hmmph... Don't regret it later, as I will defeat you. Hahaha! Don't worry, I will not destroy your beautiful face!"

Rolly, completely looking down on Xialin, grinned and mock the latter.

"Let's see if you've got the guts." 

Xialin remained calm, determined to beat Rolly even more. That sentence annoyed Rolly as he start to attack her.

"Air Bullet Strike!" 

Due to anger, Rolly points out his finger toward Xialin.

In his finger, small and compressed energy starts to accumulate quickly as it charges toward Xialin at an incredible speed.

"So Far Yet So Near!" 

Xialin, felt the offensive power hidden in that futile-looking bullet, so she used a Higher Skill to skillfully dodged all the bullets.

"I shall end this battle with you!" 

Xialin, who was impatient, doesn't want to fight with someone like Rolly for long and wanted to finish the battle already. She just wants to sit below the stage, with Zhowen, observing the battle.

"Insolent! How can you defeat me when you're just a Strong Maniac. I shall the one who should end this!" 

Rolly charged toward Xialin with a rapid speed as he appeared immediately in front of her. He didn't like the words Xialin used, as it was full of mockery and disdain.

"Ice Master Punch!" 

Rolly slams his fist towards Xialin as it becomes a sturdy and strong ice fist, exuding freezing temperatures, creating a small freeze domain, locking Xialin's position.

"Lord's Destructive Body!" 

Xialin felt a bad premonition from Rolly's attack, although it was just a Medium Skill since Rolly was stronger than her. But despite this, she remained calm as she make her body start to release dangerous and destructive energy, just like a sword that can split the world apart. 

When Rolly's hand makes contact with Xialin's body, his hand suddenly filled with scars and wounds as his blood is scattered on the floor, dying it red.

"What is that skill?! How can it be so strong!" 

Rolly didn't expect strong skill like this and instantly stopped his attack before backing away. He really feels like if he continues to come closer to her, he would lose this battle. No wonder she was so calm.

"Emperor's Magnetic Finger!" 

Xialin, seeing Rolly backing away, just smiled, before she point her index finger towards Rolly, as it suddenly has a powerful suction force as it sucks all the things in the surroundings and even energy, while still maintaining Lord's Destructive Body. 

Rolly who was distancing from Xialin, can't help but be sucked away by Xialin. And when he became closer to Xialin, his clothes were torn into pieces in an instant, as all parts of his body sustained deep wounds and scars. He wants to get away but because of Xialin's magnetic finger, he can't move as he was still being attacked by the destructive energy coming out from Xialin.

"You're more ruthless than him!" 

Rolly realized something. He regrets challenging this girl. This girl has no mercy and is more brutal.

"Hahaha, it's good that you know it!" 

Xialin said as she let go of Rolly, who was already weakened and can't move from having numerous deep wounds and receiving many severe injuries.

"The winner of the battle is Xialin. And since Rolly can't continue to battle, he will be placed in the ninth place!"

In the audience.

"What?! The skill that girl used is so mysterious!"

"Yeah, it's mysterious indeed. To think that her body will exude destructive energy!"

"She's crueler than the first one!"

"Even though she's still a Strong Maniac just like him, she can also already defeat a Saint Strength!"

"Yeah, both of them were strong! I wonder who are their parents were!"

"They deserve First and Second Place!"

In the upper part of the arena.

"Wow, Saint Thunder, you're daughter was as strong as the son of Saint Crimson." 

"Hehe, it's only natural since they have the same amount of potential and understanding."

"How great would it be to have a child like yours."

"Then, you should find yourself a husband first."

The God and Saints laugh at what Greylin said, before continuing their talks.

In the waiting room.

"As expected, Xialin will use that skill!" 

Zhowen said, as he already expected it. The others were surprised by what he said.

"Huh? You can also use that skill?"

Shawn can't help but asked Zhowen. Jealousy starts becoming Envy.

"Yes, my skills and her skills were just the same!" 

All participants in the waiting room can't help but be amazed. They start to get scared by the two, although they are much weaker compared to them since they just have many Higher Skills.

The level of skills was based on the formation that it has. The formation was acting as vessels for the energy to take place, which is the reason why all the skills were fixed at a particular level and can't be leveled up since if they try, they will just get injured by it since it will explode. 

The formation of the skills was so complex and hard to understand and it only gets harder and harder as the skills go higher, that's why there are only a few people who can use a Higher skill at a young age.

The might and power of each level of skill were also based on the formation. A whole formation has 8 fragments, that's why the skill was divided into 8 levels. Each level has one more fragment as it increases. 

If a skill has a complete formation or can be called an Ultimate God Skill, it will give birth to a spirit. The spirit that was born can automatically cultivate the skill which makes the skill even more terrifying based on the spirit.

Each level of skill has a limit of power that they can release.

In lower skill, the strongest power it can reach is only equivalent to Mighty Saint.

In normal skill, the strongest power it can reach is equivalent to an Ultimate God.

In medium skill, the strongest power it can reach is equivalent to Ten Pillar Ultimate God 

In higher skill, the strongest power it can reach is equivalent to Heavenly God.

In lord Skill, the strongest power it can reach is equivalent to Five Flame Heavenly God.

In saint skill, the strongest power it can reach is equivalent to an Invincible Heavenly God.

In god's skill, the strongest power it can reach is equivalent to an Unbreakable Heavenly God.

And lastly, in ultimate god skill, the strongest power it can reach is unknown since it already has a spirit.

 

As the battle ended, Xialin weakly go back to the waiting room. In order to defeat Rolly, just like Zhowen, she also used all of her energy in her body. 

Even though it looks like it was easy for her to defeat Rolly, for Xialin, it was so difficult comparable to treading a thorny road since the difference between their strength is so vast. 

She needs to continuously use her energy to maintain the two Higher skills which are like shouldering the entire world. If not for her bones that can store energy, she might not use that kind of strategy since she was sure that she will be the one to be beaten up.

After she reach the waiting room, she immediately sat down beside Zhowen and start to place her head on his lap.

Zhowen was startled by her, but just ignore it as he also got used to it.

The twin who was still immersed in talking about the battle of Xialin and Zhowen were startled and become angry by this, as they start to harbor jealousy since both of them secretly like the two.

The rest was also surprised to see Xialin placing her head on Zhowen's lap but just ignore it as it was pretty common amongst friends and especially for their age.

"Hey, are both of you always like this?"

Shawn stared at that beautiful face sleeping on that annoying lap.

"Not really. Why?" 

Zhowen didn't find any oddity with this. It unexpectedly soothes the jealousy that the twin harbors.

"Nothing!" 

Then the battle goes on. The next pair who fight was Shawn and Richard, as the latter hold grudges toward the former one.

They both used an incredible Higher Skill. Their techniques, style, and attack were actually identical to each other as they also have a similar amount of power. 

Their battle lasted for almost an hour but in the end, Shawn still won with a thin margin as Richard was too late to incant the skill.

Then the next ones who fight were Chloe and Katy. They also used strong Higher Skills. They were also just completely equal toward each other. After a long time of the intense battle, because Katy made a mistake, Chloe wins in the end by a thin gap.

The next ones who battled were Oscar and Fred, Oscar was undeniably strong as each of his strikes can tremble the air but in surprise and astonishment of all the people present in the arena, Fred defeat Oscar with just ten strikes. 

Oscar didn't even have a chance to counter-attack as he was being suppressed by an unknown, which coming from his body of Fred. Oscar ended up being severely injured so he was placed as an eighth placer. Fred becomes the winner with an unbelievable way of winning.

How can a Semi-Saint Strength defeat a Semi-God Strength with just ten moves? 

A Semi-God Strength possesses a supreme soul and a divine entity which makes them more powerful compared to any lower level. It was impossible to defeat them, those with Semi-God Strength, with just ten moves from a lower level. 

Even Zhowen and Xialin if in the same state as Fred will still be able to find it hard to defeat them and will be able to exchange for at least 25 moves. It may be possible Fred's grade was not Semi-Saint Strength but also a Semi-God Strength.

The God and Saint were also flabbergasted to witness Fred, brutally defeating Oscar with just ten strikes.

Then the battle continues.

"Announcer, I will exclude myself from the battle." 

Xialin and Zhowen once again surprised all the present in the arena.

"Why? If you exclude yourself from the third round, you'll be only placed in Seventh and Sixth place. Are both of you sure about this?" 

The announcer felt reluctant, as the two would actually waste such a good opportunity for them.

"Yes, we're sure about this. We just want this token, so we're satisfied right now." 

The two were serious about it. They find something dangerous, so they just back down first. Although it was indeed a good opportunity, their safety comes first.

"Okay." 

Seeing the two being firm, Edgar didn't convince them furthermore.

"Xialin and Zhowen willingly give up their chances to continue this battle, so Xialin will be the seventh placer while Zhowen will be the sixth placer." 

Then the two also slowly go back to the waiting room, looking solemnly.

             "There's something more important than being the winner!"

2