Chapter 11 – Cloud in the Sky
193 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Did that happen?"

"It seems that..."

"They cannot be trusted."

Groups of adults were huddled next to each other with grim expressions on their faces. Aki thought that today would be normal, yet this morning many adults were spreading news to each other of what happened. With a confused expression on her face, Aki walked up to the lovely auntie who takes care of her.

"Auntie what happened?" Aki curiously asked her.

The old lady seeing Aki dropped the conversation, putting a smile on her face. "Oh no, nothing happened that you need to worry about, dear." Aki didn't buy it, but it would be rude to try to continue the conversation if one was unwilling to say anything about it. Aki just nodded her head while doing her daily duties.

"Old man." Aki spoke up to the nice old man who gives fruits. Seeing that he wasn't paying attention, thinking deeply, Aki shouted once again at him. "Old man, are you okay?" Seeing the serious face on the old man, Aki started to think that this news was something more than a passing rumor.

"Oh! Aki how are you, my dear?" The old man was shaken, yet he still took time to reassure Aki that everything was alright. She noticed this but chose not to speak up on it, waiting to see more before acting. Helping the old man, she took an apple before walking slowly to the Academy.

"Hey, did you hear?" A hushed conversation was being held between two chunin's. Aki overheard them secretly sneaking into a hidden position to eavesdrop. "They found a dead body next to a river this morning."

"A dead body?" The chunin almost shouts out, but gets stopped by his buddy.

"Shush!... The body was an Uchiha clan member. The Uchiha clan started to become more aggressive, arresting more and more civilians."

"Uchiha clan member! I can't be! Shisui?" Aki quickly ran towards the academy with a wide eyes in surprise. "Then that means the Uchiha clan massacre will happen soon." Aki in her shock didn't notice that the words she said were spoken out in a low voice. Kabuto, who was about to greet her, overheard this phrase, pausing in his tracks. 

Pushing up his glasses, he takes another look at Aki. "Looks like I underestimated you." He noticed that she was a special orphan child, not only by her acting but from her maturity. "I need to tell Orochimaru about this." Kabuto decided he would tell Orochimaru about this special child, Aki Shiroi. Kabuto hidden in between the alley of the houses vanished into the darkness left the premise.

 

=== Meanwhile in a hidden dark hallway ===

A creepy aura was emitted, scaring anyone who went near this man. Out from the shadows crept a tall, extremely pale man. It was Orochimaru with a creepy grin on his face.

"Why have you come, Kabuto?" Orochimaru was naturally curious of why Kabuto came here since he just left not too long ago. Kabuto isn't the type of person to forget, so it piqued his curiosity as to why he was here. Kabuto pushing up his glasses handed a picture he had secretly taken of Aki Shiroi. "Isn't this one of the people in the orphanage." Orochimaru was knowledgeable to know those who grew up next to Kabuto and this girl did interest him.

He decided to leave her alone after seeing how much attention she brought to herself by talking to the civilians in the Konohagakure village. It was a shame that she coincidently built up a public relationship, therefore people would be naturally curious if she left. Unlike the rest of the children, Orochimaru takes, who have no fame to them.

"She knew about the Shisui's death." Kabuto spoke straight to the point. Orochimaru took a while to process it, as if he didn't believe his ears.

"Are you sure?" Orochimaru was naturally skeptical about Kabuto, but looking at his face, he could tell he was being serious this time. "How did she know." He was curious after all he knew of Shisui's death, as he got it the news directly from Danzo. Others shouldn't know about this that it was Shisui only those in the clan or upper ninja's would know. "She could've perhaps overheard this." He brought up a reasonable speculation.

"That cannot be it." Kabuto shook his head. "Because of what she said next interested me." Kabuto spoke slowly. "She said that 'the Uchiha clan massacre will happen soon'."

Orochimaru eyes gleamed. He looked up as if in deep thought, in a raspy voice, he spoke out. "That is interesting. Keep watch on her. If what she said does happen, then bring her to me." Although Orochimaru still didn't believe it, he knew that Kabuto would blatantly lie about things. 

 

=== In the Konohagakure Village ===

"Danzo what are you doing!" An angry bellow was shouted out by an old man. Coming out from the darkness was the third hokage with an angry expression on his face. Hiruzen just found out about Danzo's actions to control the Uchiha clan's outrage. Only to further create strife and fractures within the relationship.

"Hmph. Hiruzen, same as ever." Danzo annoyed at Hiruzen's presence.

Hiruzen with an ugly expression on his face spoke to Danzo. "Why have you killed Shisui?"

Danzo looked over with contempt. "It's to control the Uchiha clan, they are a danger to this village." Hiruzen knew about the things Danzo did under the darkness and decided to overlook it, but this took it a step too far. To kill in the village robbing his eyes, the Uchiha clan knows of his death.

"You will only cause further outrage!" Hiruzen shouted to Danzo with rage.

"I did it to protect the village!" The two of them stood their grounds on their respective ideologies on how to protect the village. A storm was brewing that could possibly collapse if not destroy Konohagakure.

11