Chapter 14 – Promise
152 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kabuto being a person raised in the orphanage knew the layout like the back of his hand after all he lived here for years. The orphanage is not as simple as you may think it is. Danzo in particular use this place to choose root members whenever they pass away. Kabuto became a root member this way, and he caught Orochimaru's eye through this.

Coming back to the orphanage was not something he would do voluntarily. He only came here on Orochimaru's command to aside his main spy mission. He didn't want to reminisce of the past especially recalling how Nono his caretaker who died during war that Danzo planned to have them kill each other. 

He came across to a small clearing in the forest near the orphanage to see Aki the extremely bright child who always made everyone smile. "Is someone crying?" A thought came up as he heard the deep wailing and sadness. Sneaking up he found the bright happy child with a face full of pain and guilt. Not knowing why Kabuto hid himself after seeing Aki. "Why are you crying so deeply?"

Kabuto's cold heart started to feel hot pain. Gripping his chest tightly with his hand he looked up to notice a tear running down his face. "I thought I had gotten over Nono's death." Kabuto didn't know why he felt sad seeing Aki cry so deeply having seeing a completely different person than he imagined her to be.

In fact Kabuto secretly hated her and wanted to see he pained face. Not believing that anyone could truly be good having only evil thoughts behind their actions. Growing up he didn't think when people gave free things it was for their goodwill but because they want to exploit you later guilt-tripping so to say.

Wiping away the tear he shook his head removing his memories of his tragic past.

...

"I am just a coward nothing more." Aki felt scared, sad, and mostly guilty. Unable to say what might come to their future. Unable to speak to those people that they will die. Whenever she walked in the village years before without a thought about this event living only for herself. As she grew up meeting new people seeing the emotions from the Uchiha clan members broke her.

Thinking about them, she saw flashes of them speaking out their dreams. The group of three teenagers one who looked at the Hokage mountain. "I will become the first ever Hokage from the Uchiha clan! You will see my face right there!" Making a picture frame with his fingers.

Two children running around who playing in the muddy river. The old lady who thanked Aki whenever she helped her. The nice older sister a genin. The lovely couple who made clothing and helped Aki patch up her ripped shirt. "Why do they need to die as well? Can't you spare them? They aren't a danger."

Aki knew that this excuse would never work. Being an Uchiha clan member was a curse as well as a blessing. With eyes tied to the heart giving power of the emotions those left alive would most likely become vengeful to the village birthing more war and destruction. Eyes that will become filled with great hatred.

"Even if I had resurrected them long after they died would they want that? Would that not just continue the cycle of hatred?" No way did Aki see any way to save them a future that was sure to happen. "Maybe I am the weird one. So obsessed with death and life. I always found my friends weird for not wanting to bring back a character back to life. They told me that if there was a world without death than life would have no meaning. And it's true."

"Because of death we cherish life. Only when we lose those things we took for granted do we understand just how much we relied on it. It wasn't until now that I understood how much I loved you guys. No words can give me the right excuse to avoid this pain I feel. I am so weak. I'm sorry everyone!" Gripping the dirt she crushed it with her hands letting it fall from her hand. Letting go of the soil back to the earth. "I promise every year on that day I will visit your graves." Having made up her mind Aki wanted to stand up but suddenly found her eyes closing.

"Huh?" Aki fell down softy onto the soil as her vision faded to black.

 

Behind Kabuto watched as Aki fell unconscious. Witnessing the entire event he thought that she held more secrets than he saw. "So you aren't just a happy idiot." Picking up her body he then placed her inside a bag before taking a final look at the orphanage. He ran off back to the hidden base in Otogakure village hidden in the sound. 

Coming to the base he entered coming to the room where Orochimaru was at a table researching jutsu's. Taking the bad he conceals he took it out opening showing a sleeping Aki inside.

"Well done, Kabuto." Orochimaru turned seeing her safe and well nodded at how well Kabuto brought her.

"What should we do with her?" Kabuto asked pushing his glasses up.

"Leave her here I will question her when she wakes up." Orochimaru answered back.

Kabuto opened his mouth before closing it once again. Thinking back on her sudden break down he decided to keep quiet about it not knowing why he chose to do so. Leaving the base to go back to his main mission spying on Konoha as a genin.

Aki began to stir a few moments later. The trip on the way here was uncomfortable and bumpy. Feeling tired she noticed how cold it was. "Did I fall asleep?" Rubbing her eyes Aki yawned thinking she slept at the forest after training extremely hard. Only to then find the cold smooth floor she was lying on. "So cold!" 

Still with her eyes a little cold she rubbed her arms before yawning once again blinking her eyes to force herself to wake up, so she could get on a real bed. Opening her eyes she finds a white snake looking at her? "A white snake?" Opening her eyes wide open she sees that she isn't in the forest but someone else.

Seeing the white figure at the table impulsively Aki shouts out. "Orochimaru!" Noticing her mistake she clasps her mouth closed. The pale white snake man turned to look at her. Speaking in a gravelly voice.

"So you know me?"

9