1. Where
1.4k 6 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke with a start, sitting bolt upright. My heart was racing and I took a few quick shaky breaths as I looked around in confusion.

Where the heck was I?!

It was a small room, no more than three meters square. Dimly lit, the floor was rough hewn wood planks and the walls were logs, with what looked like plaster or mud stuffed in between to seal up any gaps. The only light filtered in through a single small square window on the wall to my left. There was a door set in the middle of the wall behind me, and the other two walls were plain.

My mind raced as I tried to remember how I got here, or where here was, but I was drawing a blank.

The door seemed to be the only way out though, and wherever I was I definitely wanted out. I started to pull myself up when my pants caught on my feet as I was halfway up. I lost my balance and dropped back onto my ass with a little grunt.

It wasn't a bad fall but it left my head spinning slightly so I decided to wait till the dizziness past before trying again.

While I waited I tried to figure out what was wrong with my pants, and that's when I finally realized I wasn't wearing any. I seemed to be clad in a large black robe of some kind. It was massive and I couldn't even see my hands or my feet, they were lost somewhere in the ocean of black folds. It was soft though, and I almost wondered if it was made of real silk. And it wasn't just my pants that were missing, wiggling my toes confirmed I didn't have my shoes or socks on either.

I took another deep breath and let it out as a long slow sigh as I tried to figure out what happened. Like in movies and stuff, where they ask the person what was the last thing they remembered.

College. May, just over a month away from graduation. It was Friday afternoon. What happened after class? I went out drinking with the guys. Then what? Did I get kidnapped or something? No, I remembered getting home ok. I remembered going down into my little basement apartment and getting changed and into bed. What next? Saturday morning. The weather was finally nice enough, so I went out for a morning bike ride.

Not that I was athletic or anything, to be honest I wasn't in great shape. But as long as the weather was good I'd do an hour-long ride every Saturday and Sunday morning. I remembered following my normal route north, out to the town line. Then I turned around to head back and...

Oh crap.

In the last two years I'd had four near misses at that intersection. This morning must have been number five, except maybe this time it wasn't a near miss.

I remembered seeing the delivery van, and thinking he was going to stop as I entered the intersection. He didn't stop.

My heart raced as I took another look around the small room. The rough wood floor, the log-cabin walls, I couldn't see any sort of electric light overhead. No outlets or switches either. There were candles though, and I felt another shock through my system as I finally noticed them. Five in total, in a circle on the floor around me. All had burned down, leaving puddles of dark purple wax melted into the floor boards. And that wasn't the worst of it. Along with the candles there were markings.

I'd woken up in the middle of a large black circle, adorned with strange markings I couldn't read, and dominated by a big five-pointed star.

As much as I didn't want to believe it, I started to wonder if maybe I'd been isekai'ed or something. Or maybe I was just badly hurt, and some crazy witch used magic to heal me? Whatever the answer, I needed to get out of there.

I took another deep breath then carefully pulled myself upright. My head spun slightly again, and I was left with some strange sensations from my scalp, my chest, and other parts of my body.

Standing unsteadily, the huge black robe was still pooled on the floor around my feet while my hands and arms remained hidden within the folds. I was pretty sure I was naked underneath the robe so I was reluctant to take it off, but at the same time it was almost impossible to move without tripping.

The best option seemed to be just scoop it up in my hands so my feet were clear. I crouched to try and gather up the hem of the robes when I was startled by something swinging down over my right shoulder and pulling at my hair.

I let out a yelp as I jumped back up, then found myself staring at a long pale-blonde ponytail that was hanging down against my shoulder and arm. It was braided, and the last ten centimetres were dyed a bright violet purple.

I frowned at it for a couple seconds, then slowly turned around to see who's it was. Except there was nobody else, I was alone in this strange little witchy room.

I reached up my right hand. It remained lost in the robe but at least the sleeve came up with my arm. When my arm was stretched straight up over my head the floppy black sleeve finally slipped down out of the way, revealing...

An arm that was nothing like mine.

My heart skipped a beat and I held my breath as I stared at the smooth, delicate limb. The hand looked small, the fingers were slim, and each was tipped with a long manicured purple-polished nail.

Next thing I knew I was struggling to get out of the robe, almost panicking as I fought with the thing.

Finally the robe lay defeated on the floor at my feet, while I stood and stared wide-eyed at a body which was extremely not mine.

Perfectly manicured toenails painted with the same violet polish adorned cute little toes and small delicate feet. Shapely legs rose to wide hips and a rounded behind, and a smooth little mound and neatly trimmed strip of pale blonde hair in the front. Next was the narrow waist, then the two perfectly proportioned breasts, each a good handful in size and tipped with pretty pink nipples. The smooth slim arms were attached to narrow shoulders. And the braided blonde ponytail that hung down to the lower back was attached to my head.

My head spun again as my emotions churned and my mind raced. I felt fear and anxiety. There was confusion too, and also some other things that I wasn't ready to admit. So I pushed them away and focused on trying to figure out how this happened.

Did I die? Was I transmigrated? The last thing I remembered was possibly being hit by a van while riding my bike, now not only was I in some witch's cabin but I'd also been turned into a girl.

With shaking hands I crouched down again and picked up that massive robe. It took a few moments but I finally sorted it out enough to wrap it around myself then tucked it under my arms. It wasn't great but at least I could move about without tripping, and I wasn't stark naked.

And at long last, with my heart racing and a cold heavy feeling in my gut, I tiptoed up to the exit.

The door seemed oversized, like it was definitely taller and wider than your standard door. That and the enormous robe suddenly had me wondering if I was dealing with giants as well as witches. Or giant witches.

Instead of a knob the door had a simple latch and handle. I gently tested the latch and to my surprise it turned easily. Then I slowly, carefully pulled the handle just a tiny bit. The door opened a centimetre or two, I wasn't locked in.

I held my breath as I pulled the door open just a bit more, then peeked out through the gap to see if the coast was clear.

Maybe I was expecting to see a witch standing by a fire, brewing something in a big black cauldron. Or maybe I was expecting a family of giants, sitting around their big table waiting for their meal. Or I don't know, maybe I was expecting the door to open on a dense forest and I'd have to find my way to the nearest village or farm or something.

What I wasn't expecting was to find myself looking at a modern open-concept living-room, complete with a flat-screen TV on the wall and a fancy-looking computer on a desk in the corner. In the opposite corner I could see the kitchen, complete with stove, fridge, microwave, and dishwasher.

There were a couple big bay windows on the far wall, and through them I could also see a very new and modern-looking SUV parked in the driveway. Looking past the SUV my heart skipped a beat and I gasped.

The place was surrounded with trees, and they were all wearing their fall colours. The last thing I remembered was going out for a bike ride in early May, now it was autumn.

How long had I been gone? Where was I? What happened to me? And why was I a girl?

"What the heck," I half-whispered to myself as I stumbled out of the faux-antique witchy room and into the modern living-room space.

I reached the middle of the room then slowly turned on the spot as I looked around again.

It was no log cabin, apparently that aesthetic was limited to just that one room. The rest of the place seemed to be a normal home.

The front door was on the side nearest the driveway, mid-way between the living-room side and the kitchen side of the open space. Also in the middle was a large sturdy wood table, with a half dozen wood chairs placed around it. In the corner of the living-room side sat a big black wood stove, its viewing window was dark and there was no sign of any fire in there at the moment. The house didn't seem cold though.

On the back wall were four doors, all of them were open. The door on the far end was the one I'd just emerged from, the witchy room. The door next to that led to a modern bathroom. The third revealed a staircase leading up, presumably to bedrooms. And the last one, next to the kitchen area, led to a laundry and utility room. There was also a back door through there.

The whole place seemed fairly new, like it was built recently. The flat-screen TV looked like it had to be the latest model, same with the computer. It was a sleek one-piece design with a big flat-screen monitor.

Despite looking modern, there was still something weird about the place. Everything all seemed too big, like it was designed for giants or something.

And the only thing that seemed old here was that witchy room I'd woken up in.

I figured it had to have been done like that on purpose, to look like some kind of medieval thing on the inside. Maybe as a joke or to scare people or something. Except my body wasn't a joke, and it definitely scared me. Same with the fact that I had no idea where I was or how I got there.

My next inclination was to call out and see if anyone was around, but I forced myself to stay quiet. I wasn't sure yet I wanted to meet whoever could do this to me, I didn't want to know what else they were capable of.

I glanced around again, and my eyes were drawn to the computer. Maybe I could use that to call for help.

The desk was relatively neat and tidy, like the rest of the house. The only things that looked out of place were a couple pieces of unopened mail in one corner, along with a set of car keys and some kind of ultra-modern smartphone.

I gulped as I stared. Car keys and a phone. I could escape, and maybe even call for help. Assuming I could figure out how the phone worked, assuming it wasn't locked with a password. I started to reach for it, but suddenly froze when my eyes caught the name on one of the envelopes.

Violet Moon.

Once again my heart skipped a beat, and this time my blood felt like ice water.

With shaking hands I pushed the phone and keys aside, then quickly looked through the rest of the mail. There were only three envelopes. A utilities bill, some government thing, and a junk mail. All three of them had the same name on it.

It didn't make sense though, Violet Moon wasn't real. That was just a name I made up when I was twelve. Violet Moon was my first tabletop RPG character, she was a cute little blonde witch who wore a lot of black and purple.

Actually to be honest I kind of used that name and aesthetic for a lot of games, online as well as tabletop. I may have even written some short stories about her, to flesh out her character and history a bit. But I outgrew all that stuff a few years ago. By the time I finished high-school I'd put it all behind me. In fact I forgot all about Violet Moon after that.

And either way, the bottom line was she wasn't a real person. I couldn't be in her house, looking at her mail on her desk next to her computer.

I sighed and glanced around then asked myself, "What the heck is going on?"

As soon as I said it I cringed. Of course that wasn't my voice. Or it wasn't the voice I was used to. This new voice sounded cute.

I looked around once more, then found myself walking slowly towards the washroom. As much as I didn't want to see, I couldn't help myself. I had to know what I looked like.

As soon as I was there I reached up, a little higher than usual, and turned on the lights. There was a full-length mirror on the wall next to the door, and I found myself staring at the eighteen-year-old girl I saw reflected in the glass.

Large light-green eyes stared back at me in wonder. She had a cute little nose, full wide pink lips, and a gorgeous rounded face. Her skin was fair and flawless. Her straw-blonde hair was all pulled back into that long braided ponytail, with the purple dye covering the last few centimetres.

Seeing that reflection cleared up one mystery. This place wasn't made for giants, I was just stuck in a body that was really small. Like a hundred and fifty centimetres small, to be exact.

I gulped again as I stared. My heart was racing and I felt scared and confused, but there was something else too. A glimmer of excitement? A flicker of joy? It didn't make any sense.

At least five or six months had passed since my bike ride in May. I'd woken up in a strange place, and I'd been transformed into a cute eighteen-year-old girl. I had no idea where I was or who did this to me. But the thing that scared me the most was the fact that I recognized the girl in the mirror. She was my character, from all those years ago.

Somehow Violet Moon had come to life. Somehow she was a real person. And somehow, I was in her body.

Can't wait to find out what happens next? Join our Patreon and get immediate access to the next chapter and more! Patrons have already finished this story and are onto the next one, and you could be too!
https://www.patreon.com/purplecatgirl

79