Prologue: The New World
300 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Blood curdling screams erupted from inside of the classroom as the ceiling collapsed onto half of the class. Blood sprayed everywhere as limbs and bits and pieces of flesh flew everywhere. Jared jumped in alarm as he turned to see the horror unfolding in front of him. Dust flew into the air and the remaining students went into a coughing fit. Jarred fell out his desk as the floor cracked and almost fell through. He desperately blinked to clear his eyes as he crawled over the corpses of his former classmates. Blood stained his clothes and he fell over a few times as he struggled to gain any traction due to the gory mess underneath him. There was a strong smell of iron that hung in the air and even worse Jared could taste it. 

As the dust cloud settled, Jared was finally able to make out the scene in front of him with clarity. The ceiling had fallen on the back half of the classroom, crushing many of the students  and killing them instantly. Some students received life threatening injuries and were screaming on the floor in agony. And some ones had much less grave injuries, but were still in bad shape nonetheless. The lucky few students appeared to be relatively okay and at worst were having panic attacks and crying. 

Jared looked up at the ceiling and there was a huge hole. But, he froze as he saw what was above him. What hung in the sky was a large red circle that looked over the school ominously. It had a fiery red ring around it and he could just make out the sounds of feral beast screaming from inside of it. As if they were begging, clawing to be released and slaughter everything around them. 

Jared then looked back down to see what had caused the collapse of the roof. It was a huge hawk-like bird with a mixture of blue scales and feathers. Its face was, or rather what was left of it was a mush and just barely showed the beak it used to have. Its claws were just as big as a desk and its dark nails were shiny and sharp, seemingly giving off the feeling of sharpened iron.

As the students around Jared were screaming, one student appeared completely okay. He was tall, dark, burly and had a low taper haircut. He had a resilient gleam in his brown eyes and quickly showed why. “Everyone shut up!” 

The remaining students who weren’t in the midst of a complete mental breakdown all turned their attention to the student. 

The student continued as he noticed that most of the attention was on him. “I don’t know what's going on, but standing here screaming isn't going to help. We have to go outside and get some help.”

“You go outside Marcus!” One student yelled, hysteria lining their voice.

“I am!” Marcus retorted quickly. “And so are you! Unless you want to get crushed by what’s left of the roof!”

As the students bickered back and forth on what to do, Jaed noticed his teacher Ms.Jackson crying underneath her desk. He quickly went to her aid and picked the desk up off of her. 

As soon as Jared removed the desk from on top of Ms.Jackson, he quickly saw why she was crying in agony. Her ankle twisted at an odd angle and had a huge gash on it. Jared ripped off  part of the sleeve of his jacket and used it as a bandage to help stop the bleeding. 

“I’ll take Ms.Jackson.” Jared suddenly announced, cutting into the bickering students' argument. 

“Thank you…” Whined Ms.Jackson as tears rolled down her cheeks.

“No Problem.” Jared responded as he lifted Ms.Jackson up and carried her piggyback style.

“Okay. Everyone that can move take the injured who aren’t in too bad shape and leave with Jared. I’ll stay behind and keep an eye on everyone that is too hurt to be moved.” Marcus announced. 

The students looked at each other before all agreeing. 

Marcus flashed a smile. “We’re going to be okay” 

Marcus would have no idea what lay ahead of him. He would smile even to the end. 

A 8 feet tall (243.84 cm) black wolf with sinister red eyes landed directly on top of Marcus’ head. A disgusting squelching sound was made as the wolf's paw crushed Marcus’ head into a fine paste on the floor. The ground shook violently and many students toppled over from the impact.

Before anyone could react, the wolf grabbed another student by the head standing near Mark with its sharp fangs and huge maw. The girl screamed in agony as the wolf lifted her up into the air before violently shaking her, flinging blood and pieces of flesh everywhere. The girl went limp within seconds and her now limp corpse was used as a weapon by the wolf to knock multiple students across the classroom. Blood painted the walls that the students crashed into, and their bodies bent in ways that they shouldn’t have. 

As this gory scene unfolded, Jared was nowhere to be found. He had somehow managed to slip out of the classroom unnoticed with Ms.Jackson. 

All around him carnage was unfolding. Cries of anguish and terror were echoing throughout the building. Students were filling the hallways only to be quickly and horribly killed. Semi-translucent blobs of slime were falling from the ceiling and landing on the helpless students below. 

"MOM!! MOM!!!" One boy screamed as the slime slowly engulfed his body, melting him in the process. 

Jared's adrenaline was pumping and his eyes were wide as if he had just seen a ghost. Jared pushed past all of the students, using his larger build to his advantage.

“Put me down! Put me down!” Ms.Jackson shouted as she punched the back of Jared’s head. “We’re leaving them!” 

“I know!” Jared shouted, shutting Ms.Jackson up.  “We can’t help them!” 

Jared continued running as fast as his legs would allow him, controlling his breathing as best as he could. “I…I’m sorry.. but we have to survive.” Tears rolled down Jared’s face as he turned to look at Ms.Jackson “As long as we’re able to survive we can get help for them.” 

Ms.Jackson looked back at her classroom, a sorrowful look in her eyes. Her eyes lingered before turning back around. It was at that moment that she promised to return with help for the kids. 

Jared ran through the hallway headed for the stairs to get to the third floor. Right before he could reach the stairs, a group of tiny green creatures came into view. The creatures were as small as children, skinny, had pointed noses, sharp teeth, beady black and some red eyes, black claws on their hands and feet, and were various shades of green. They were dressed in old dirty rags, and some were dressed in what appeared to be bloodied and torn school uniforms that they could barely fit.

The tiny creatures were doing what could only be considered as dancing and singing in the hallways. The reason why they were in such a good mood was much more alarming than the sight of the tiny creatures themselves. 

The tiny creatures held old wooden spears and atop of those spears were the heads of various students. The students' faces were warped into various forms of horror and fear atop the spears. Not to mention the ones that had chunks of flesh missing and or no face and or eyes as if they were violently removed. 

“Argrggr!!!” Ms.Jackson screamed at the top of her lungs, alerting the nearby creatures. 

The tiny creatures went from celebrating to screaming like rabid animals as they rushed towards Jared. 

“Shit!” Jared turned heel and made a mad dash the opposite direction. Various objects were being thrown at Ms.Jackson and Jared as they fled. Jared ran so fast that he managed to arrive at another set of stairs after rounding a corner. 

Jared’s adrenaline was pumping hard, and he had labored breaths. In one leap he jumped down the stairs and landed on his feet. He grunted as the impact assaulted him. Fortunately, his years of sports paid off and he was able to quickly recover due to his sturdy physique. 

Jared immediately took off sprinting and arrived at an empty location of the school. He ducked into a classroom before quickly locking the door behind himself. 

The classroom Jared arrived at was old and empty and didn’t seem to have been used in a very long time. Evidenced by the cobwebs and dust coating everything. 

As Jared caught his breath he carefully searched the room before setting Ms.Jackson down. 

“A-are we safe?!” Ms.Jackson shouted as she saw Jared looking through the glass on the door. 

Jared placed his finger on his mouth, signaling for Ms.Jackson to be quiet. She quickly put her head down, struggling to hold back tears. 

Jared turned back to the door and peered into the hallway through the glass of the door. “Yeah.. I think so.”

“Thank god..” Ms.Jackson whispered. 

Jared’s shoulders slumped as he closed the blind on the door.  

Jason walked past Ms.Jackson, throwing her a brief glance as he made his way to the window. 

“Ah!” Ms.Jackson gasped behind him. 

What Jared saw right outside of the window could only be described as pure chaos. Cars scattered everywhere, buildings falling apart and some on fire, bodies lay strewn across the ground, and even something far more striking. The sky was blood red and circles, or rather portals were scattered everywhere releasing these fantasy creatures into our work at insane rate. 

And then…

DRAGONS

“Holy shit…” 

The dragons were bigger than most buildings and some of the other.. birds and flying creatures were too. The dragons were a myriad of colors and lived up to the legends. Some were spewing fire onto people and others were spewing ice, acid, lightning, and some other things that I’m not sure of. The other half of the dragons were fighting with creatures that I don’t know of. Some of the other flying creatures even had large human faces with owl-like bodies. The fights were laying waste to the city and at the rate they’re going the city is going to be completely decimated in a few hours.

 

“Huh?” Jared’s hands trembled as he reached down and touched his chest. “What is this?” 

 

“W-what’s going on?! What’s happening outside?!” Ms.Jackson frantically asked question after question. “And what were those creatures?!” 

“I .. don’t know..” Jared answered honestly. “I think those were goblins back there.” 

”Goblins?” Ms.Jackson repeated. 

Jared closed the blind and turned around to stare at Ms.Jackson. “Some type of fantasy creature. They’re known for killing and raping. It sounds like they're attacking some other people right now actually.” He pointed above. 

The sounds of blood curdling screams, running, chairs and desks being thrown over, thumping on the floor and deranged laughter grew louder by the second.  

“We have to hurry up and get help.” She tried to stand, but immediately fell back down. Her eyes watered and she bit her lip to not scream. “You should leave me…” 

“You have a husband, right?” Jared asked as he eyed Ms.Jackson's ring.

“A fiancée..” Ms.Jackson choked on her words. “I hope he’ll be..” 

Jared quietly sat down next to Ms.Jackson. The warmth of his body transmitted to her as he wrapped her in a tight embrace. “It’s going to be okay..” 

“T-thank you.” Ms.Jackson as she softly cried into Jared’s chest. 

Jared squeezed her tighter, letting her cry as much as she wanted. 

The somber continued for only a scant few moments before Ms.Jackson’s eyes shot open. “J-Jared..” 

Jared continued softly caressing Ms.Jackson as he ran his hand up and down her body. His grip on her continued getting tighter, to the point of hurting her, and despite her trying to rip herself away from him.

Ms.Jackson continued calling Jared’s name, her voice growing more panicked with each call. “JARED! LET ME-“ 

Without warning, Jared wrapped his hand around Ms.Jackson’s mouth. He pushed her to the floor and got on top of her, quickly pinning her arms above her head.

She tried to scream, but all she could produce was a muffle. Tears welled up in each of her bright green eyes as she struggled helplessly. Her heart pounded as she felt his erection press into her stomach. 

His cheeks were deep red and he was breathing extremely hard. His normally calm demeanor was now replaced with a raunchy and twisted one. His normally dark and blank eyes now savage and feral shone sinisterly. For the first time, Ms.Jackson saw Jared’s smile. Not the smile he chose to show the world, no, his genuine smile. One filled with absolute bliss and happiness. His lips were curled into a deep smile that engulfed his entire face, showing off his pure white smile in the dark classroom. Yes, this was a smile, but not one that would make one feel happy or comfortable. It was a perverted mimic of what a disturbed individual thought was a smile.

“Shut up bitch.” 

 

4