Decision
2k 19 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ha, haha,  AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THAT’S GOOD THAT’S GOOD!”

Surprising me, Charlotte seemed to be overjoyed at my answer as she entered into a fit of laughter. Seeing my befuddled expression, Charlotte calmed herself down and said:

“It’s good to see you didn’t get too spooked by all the threats I mentioned. Or maybe you’re just dumb?”

“Hey.”

“Hehe, doesn’t matter really. Do it! Become the Demon Lord, I’ll help you. So long as you go against both the heroes and demons, I’ll walk this crazy path with you. So let me ask you, are you really prepared to challenge the entire world, both demons and common folk?”

Looking at Charlotte seriously, I nodded my head as I responded:

“Yes, I want to be free, free from having to follow anyone else’s plans. To be honest, I’d prefer not having to follow you either, but I know that I would probably not make it very far without your help. That’s why, please help me get stronger, so that I could be strong enough to not have to listen to you.”

“My, you’re quite the bold one aren’t you? Sure, so long as you don’t complain, I’ll help you get stronger. But you must be willing to endure any and all hardships, I don’t want to have to deal with a crybaby or someone without any discipline.”

“As long as it’ll help me get stronger, I’ll do whatever it is you’ll gave me good.”

“Good good, for now however, let’s not worry about what training I’ll be putting you through. Instead, let’s worry about what we’ll do tomorrow to keep the two of you from getting snatched by the Order. First, tell me what you two were doing today, and what plans you have for tomorrow.”

At her request, I told Charlotte what me and Ailya had been up to today. I told her how we registered at the guild as adventurers and that we had spent the day helping out at the church. I then told her how I planned to go to the library in order to study about the world while helping out there, and that Ailya would be helping out at the church again with me joining her later on.

Nodding at my answer, Charlotte said:

“I’m surprised, seems you’re not as foolish as I thought.”

Yeah yeah I get it.

“Yeah, the library and church are two good places. Wait, which church is it?”

At her question, I told her the directions that we took to get to the church as well as the names of the brothers and head priest there.

“Ah I see. Alright then, I’ll visit the Archbishop in order to explain to him the situation. After that, Ailya should be able to receive his support and make greater progress in learning about holy magic and increasing her strength.”

Then, pointing to me, Charlotte said:

“As for you, you’ll come with me to the library. I’ll personally introduce you to the librarian in charge of the library at Dene. He’s a good and trustworthy friend of mine, so he should be more than willing to help you once he knows you’re one of the heroes. Since I have things to do tomorrow, make sure you’re both ready to head out by 5:30 in the morning. So, do you understand everything you have to do?”

“Yes yes”

“One yes is more than enough. Anyway, let me leave you two so that you can rest. You’ll have a busy day tomorrow, so make sure you get plenty of rest. Anyway, it looks like the time I have for chatting with you two is ending, so, bye bye~”

With that, Charlotte surprisingly left our room as she left the two of us stunned at how sudden her departure was. Once she had closed the door, I could do nothing but continue to stare at it until these words came out of my lips.

“Fucking delusional bitch.”

Turning to face me after my statement, I smiled towards Ailya and told her to get ready to head to take a shower with me, as I wanted to relax a bit before going to sleep…


Having showered and changed, I was now laying on my bed with a sleeping Ailya hugging me from my right side. Thinking about the days event, I was more than relieved that our little event with the witch was finally over. Once again having someone controlling my actions, I felt myself getting increasingly irritated and restlessness. I wanted to kill that woman and make her pay, but I knew that I didn’t stand a single chance at the moment.

Not only that, I was more than aware that I had somehow ended up in a situation where I was surrounded by enemies. Not only did I have to worry about Charlotte, but I had to worry about the Order of the Grey Heron, Ailya’s super dad who is most likely not going to approve of her daughter’s special relation with me, the demons and their cultists, and the hero that I had to kill. There were also the elves, but that was more of a personal vendetta, not an enemy that I had to immediately worry about. Regardless, the list of people that I needed to worry about was rather large at the moment, and without that fucking bitch’s help, I wouldn’t have a way to defend myself with how weak I currently was.

That’s why, I was determined to use all the resources that that bitch offered me in order to grow stronger. I would make sure to study as hard as I could at the library so that I could make full use of [Veritas] and to avoid having her continue to mock me, and I would also get strong enough to the point that I could stand against her… No, kill her.

Not only her, but all those people I had to worry about. I wasn’t simply going to avoid them, I was going to make sure that I eliminated every single last one of them. Thus, creating a new goal for myself, I felt my desire to grow stronger increase. So that I would not have anyone control me again, so that I could live as free as I wanted, I would work hard to increase my knowledge and power. I was confident that as soon as I grew strong enough, I would be able to run away with Ailya and survive just the two of us, after all, no matter how strong fate was, the supposed hero ended up falling completely under my control. That meant that one way or another, that distortion that surrounded my body was able to decrease  the power of fate or warp it. 

Thinking back on the magic skill [Teleportation], I was sure that being able to run away and grow stronger in secret was completely possible. Although the level that I would have to be to unlock [Teleportation] would have to be at a minimum 280… 

Yeah, there’s no easy way out of this. But that’s exactly why I need to grow as strong as possible. As I’m already beginning to lose my freedom.  But I wasn’t about to let it happen without putting up a fight.

With such thoughts going through my head, I eventually succumbed to sleep as the sandman visited me and allowed me to join Ailya in the dream world.

51