Chapter 14: Chaos
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As ANDI saw Rebecca running towards the door he began to follow her out of the room. "Halt, I am not authorized to use force, so all I can say is halt! If you refuse to comply I will continue to say halt!"

Once Rebecca stepped foot onto the enemy ship she took the right path with the intent of heading towards an area that she thought wouldn't be as heavily guarded. Having seen the dead bodies down the left corridor she assumed the rest of the crew had gone down that corridor, and the enemy wouldn't be expecting anyone to go the opposite direction.

Once she turned the corner ANDI stood at the edge of the airlock to the Appalachia which was still connected to the UFS Baron, and tried to determine what his next move should be.

"Error. I have been commanded to protect the prisoner, but I have also been commanded to keep her on the ship. Operation failure. Prisoner has escaped. This unit is incapable of both protecting prisoner and preventing prisoner from leaving the ship at this moment. Awaiting orders for next assignment. Will wait in standby mode, and protect the Appalachia from intruders until further instructions have been received from a ranking officer."

At that moment Hendricks, who was eating popcorn, entered the room and saw that the doors to the airlock were open. He approached ANDI curious about what was going on, and also noticed that Rebecca was also not in the cockpit.

"Hey ANDI, what's going on?" He asked. "What happened to the kid?"

ANDI noticed that Hendricks was their asking him questions, but didn't respond due to the captain telling him to ignore Hendricks earlier.

"ANDI? Is something wrong buddy." Hendricks began waving his hand in front of ANDI's face, but didn't get any response.

At this point in time the rest of the crew had just reached the common area/living quarters, and were figuring out what their next move should be when suddenly Scarecrow contacted the captain on his com.

"Owl this is Scarecrow. Do you copy."

"I hear you Scarecrow. You have an update for me?" He asked expecting Scarecrow was just calling to let him know there was another patrol heading their direction.

"Well, the girl escaped and ANDI is broken", he explained. He isn't replying to anything I say, and the girl somehow got out of her handcuffs and I think she's on the pirate ship."

The Owl wiped his hand on his face, and began to feel tense because of all the chaos that was now going on around him. Before he responded to Scarecrow he had Blackbird and Harpy start setting up a barricade in the common area while he walked into the next room.

The room he had come from looked like the mess hall. It looked to be about 30 by 50 ft with nine long tables each with 4 chairs. There were doors on each side of the room that were located directly across from one another, and were lined up with the center of the room.

The room Th Owl was in looked like the kitchen. It had counters and cabinets going the length of the entire back wall, and half way across the two side walls with an island in the middle. This room was about 30 feet on each side, had about three stoves/ovens built into the far counters, three sinks after the counters on the left side, and three large refrigerators on the opposite side. Just like the rest of the ships neither this room, nor the dining area it was connected to were very well lit.

After checking the kitchen for anybody who might be potentially hiding The Owl responded to Scarecrow. He recalled how he had told ANDI to ignore Hendricks earlier, so the first thing he did was tell ANDI he could listen to him again.

"Oh, and both of you", The Owl said before cutting off the comms. "Make sure you guys’ lockdown the ship. We can't worry about the girl right now. We're in a tight spot, so we'll check on her once we get ourselves out of this mess."

"Copy that boss, Hendricks replied. "I'll close and lock the doors, and let you know if any patrols start heading your direction.

As Hendricks said that a group of a dozen Kelafi pirates passed by and went down the corridor that the captain and the others went down. One of them noticed that the door to the Appalachia was opened, and called over a few of the others in the group to head that direction.

About half a dozen Kelafi pirates began charging towards Hendricks and ANDI, so ANDI sprang into action. ANDI had a laser implanted into its right arm, so when it saw enemies approaching that arm transformed into what looked like a single thin barrel and began opening fire on them.

It managed to take out two of them before the group scattered and took cover on each side of the door on the UFS Baron's side of the hall connecting the two ships. One tried to go back into the corridor so he could get an angle on ANDI, but ANDI managed to shoot the pirate while it's back was turned and attempting to run.

While ANDI was busy holding them off Hendricks managed to get to the panel next to the Appalachia's airlock door, and seal them. After wards he contacted The Owl to inform him that he had at least half a dozen pirates heading his direction.

Upon hearing this The Owl shouted at Blackbird and Harpy to inform them that they'd be having company soon, then he suddenly heard coughing coming from the Kelafi pirate that he had shot earlier.

He saw the Kelafi slowly lifting its head, and open its eye while trying to catch his breathe. Seeing that it was still alive The Owl pointed his gun at the pirate, and saw an opportunity to get some information before they got swarmed by pirates.

0