Chapter 15: Interrogation
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Kelafi pirate who The Owl thought he had taken out was barely hanging on to life. It was slowly coming back to consciousness when the Owl noticed, and pitted his gun at it expecting it to make a move.

It opened its eyes and looked at The Owl, then began to speak to him through its mind. "Human, I'm not long for this world. Do you intend to finish the job?" He asked feeling a stinging pain in his stomach where The Owl had shot him."

"I want some information", The Owl demanded while slowly approaching him while keeping his gun pointed at his head. You contacted others didn't you?"

"Yes!" He stated while the voice in his head was slow as if it was even hard for him to think. "We are the 12th division of the Crimson Tide under the command of Captain Raging Crimson. Even if you manage to escape today, our fleets will hunt you down to the ends of the galaxy."

The Owl was familiar with the Crimson Tide. They are essentially a pirate alliance that was made into a large fleet under a single banner. They didn't have a single central leader; they were more like a group of allied crews who agreed to work together in order to ward off the wraith of smaller military groups. Most mercenaries wouldn't take jobs to take on any single ship under the Crimson Tide banner because they feared the rest of the fleet would target them.

"Tell me where the signal jammer is located", The Owl demanded. And also, how many of you there are?"

"Where do you think?" He snarled while responding sarcastically. "There are over a hundred of us on this ship. You have no chance of getting out of here."

"I think you'll be surprised."

"Are you going to shoot me now, or just leave me here to die?" The pirate asked while trying as hard as it could to still communicate despite the pain.

"I can't have you get up and trying something." The Owl responded. "We're already in a tough enough situation." Once he said that he shot the pirate through the head, and returned to Blackbird and Harpy.

"How merciful." Harpy stated pointing out the façade the Owl had just put on.

"Don't know what you're talking about," The Owl claimed.

Blackbird and Harpy both had been working with The Owl for a few years now, so they knew how he operated. He certainly didn't like leaving loose ends, but he also wasn't the person who enjoyed leaving people to suffer. Finishing them off instead of letting them die earlier was the only mercy The Owl could offer someone in this situation.

They continued to move around the tables and chairs in an attempt to make a barricade. Unfortunately, they wouldn't make very good cover, but they could slow down the enemy. They set a couple up right in front of each door and scattered the chairs around the room. They also setup a couple tables around the entrance to the kitchen, and hunkered down in the kitchen using the walls and island as cover waiting for the siege to begin.

While The Owl, Blackbird, and Harpy were setting up the barricade Rebecca was exploring the back half of the ship searching for a terminal she could use to hack into the ships internal systems. Somehow she managed to duck behind enough corners, and slip into other rooms to avoid being seen by any patrols. There weren't very many of them, but she knew if she was seen there was no way she could win in a firefight even if she had a gun. She felt a lot more comfortable using her fists, and that's why she chose gloves over the various guns that were on the Appalachia.

After a few minutes of constantly wandering and hiding she came across a couple people who looked like they were working on a panel in one of the hallways. One of them was obviously a Kelafi pirate judging by its appearance, and the red overcoat it wore over a black shirt and black pants with a laser rifle slung over its shoulder and pistol on its hip. However, the other one was a Ophthalian, or fish person, wearing a red jumpsuit.

She could tell it was unarmed and was wearing a collar around its neck that she had seen before on the black market. It was an explosive collar often used by Crimson Tide pirates to keep slaves in line that also doubled as a shock collar.

She looked around and listened to see I there were any other patrols on their way, but didn't see or hear anything. She then decided to sneak up behind the line pirate to attempt to knock it out, and began to slowly creep around the corner. There were only a few feet between her and the pirate, and it's back was turned towards her to look on the panel which was on the opposite wall that Rebecca was creeping along.

Once she got within 5 feet of the pirate she rushed towards it, and managed to strike it in the head with her fist. When her fist made contact she could feel bone breaking under her fist, and her punch felt a lot stronger than she had expected. She also felt some kind of force or shock come from the gloves that was likely the cause of the extra force behind her punch.

As the pirate fell down she proceeded to get behind the Ophthalian and cover his mouth before he noticed to prevent him from screaming.

While she covered his mouth Rebecca whispered in his ear in an attempt to calm him down. "Shhh my names Rebecca. I'm one of the intruders, but I'm not going to hurt you. If you answer my questions I'll be able to get you out of here. Do we have a deal?" She asked hoping the Ophthalian would agree, and follow through with his promise.

He nodded and once Rebecca removed her hands from his mouth he relaxed and introduced himself. "My name is Bar-moon, and I would be more than happy to assist you. “He stated while standing up and bowing to her while placing his right hand on his chest.

0