Chapter 19: Scarecrow Enters the Fray
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What Rebecca and Bar-moon saw next completely surprised them? One of the slaves was holding a rifle and had just shot the pirate holding Ti-bar hostage while the other pirate was shot by another slave.

The first slave was a Gida named Mons. Just like any other Gida he looked like a cross between a human and a goat, except he didn't have any fur, or hair. He had rough tan skin, and black goat horns that curved towards his back. He also had red eyes, and stood about 7 feet tall which was average for a Gida. He was currently holding a rifle that was presumably from a dead pirate, and had a color just like all the other slaves.

The other slave was a male human with no hair on his head or face. His skin was pale, and he looked malnourished. His eyes were a hazy blue color, and he smelled like acetone.

They sealed the door to the engineering room, and gathered up all the slaves to see what had happened. Mons informed them that the human who had killed the other pirate, Bellamy, heard the commotion upstairs and in an act of desperation to escape hit the last remaining guard with a wrench until they died, took their pistol, and slowly made his way up the stairs.

Desperate to help Bellamy, Mons picked up the rifle and went up the other set of stairs. It took Bellamy a while to get up the stairs, but surprisingly the pirate was too distracted to notice. Once Mons took out the other one Bellamy managed to get close enough to shoot the pirate.

With the full story lain out in front of her Rebecca began releasing all of them from their colors, and distribute the firearms from the dead pirates to whomever was willing to fight.

Back on the Appalachia, Hendricks and ANDI were waiting in the central room unsure of what was going on with the rest of the crew, or the pirates.

Hendricks was just leaning against the wall with his arms crossed getting anxious since he didn't know what was going on aboard the Baron. He attempted to contact the others, but all that Harpy told him was that they were currently pinned downed in the common area.

Hendricks began pacing back and forth unsure what to do. Thoughts of just leaving plagued his mind, but he couldn't abandon the others if they were still alive. He thought about making a direct attack on the ship, but they only had turret and would easily get torn apart by the Baron's missile batteries

Then suddenly an idea popped into his head. "ANDI I need you to stay here." He said while rushing out to the cargo bay.

Hendricks got into the cockpit of the Charlotte again, and launched into space. The Charlotte's thrusters were powerful enough for it to get plenty of maneuverability in space, so his plan was to attack the ships missile batteries and try to stay away from the turrets which could easily tear the Charlotte apart if they got a lock on him.

Hendricks contacted the rest of the crew on an open frequency as he left the cargo bay. "The Charlotte and I are going to buy you guys a little more time!" He said confidently thinking he was going to be some kind of hero.

"You better not break my mech!" Harpy responded furious that he took her mech out without asking.

"Don't worry I'll be gentle with her." He replied. "We're going to take a little space walk, and wipe out a few missile batteries." As the Charlotte touched down on the hull the Baron Scarecrow saw a quad-barreled turret right in front of him that wasn't moving. "And maybe a few turrets too while I'm at it." He said out loud to himself with a smirk on his face excited to finally be a part of the action.

He was easily able to take out the turret with a couple shots from the Charlotte's rifle, and then began flying along the hull of the Baron to other missile batteries and turrets.

At the moment it looked to Scarecrow like none of them were being maned. "It's probably due to the others keeping the pirates so busy." He thought to himself. "This should be easy pickin's then." He laughed confidently believing he had gotten the drop on the enemy.

For the most part he was correct. Currently only a few of the ship’s guns were being operated, but unfortunately for Scarecrow they were all turrets that were looking out for him.

Back when Hendricks started breaking open the airlocks the captain of the former UFS Baron, Captain Raging Crimson, received an alert from one of his crew that the airlocks were being busted opening, and sending some of their men out into space. He theorized that the crew of the Appalachia was using either a mech, or some kind of fighter to destroy them, so he sent a few men to man the turrets in case they tried something.

He didn't send anyone to man the turret closest to the Appalachia however, because he was hoping that by seeing that it was unmanned the pilot would start to get reckless and they'd be able to catch them off guard.

That is essentially what happened. Only Scarecrow managed to get a lucky break. After destroying two more guns Scarecrow came across one that was currently being manned, but thankfully he noticed it just in time to take evasive maneuvers before it could lock on to him. He managed to destroy it just in time before it could get a good hit on the Charlotte, but one of the shots skid the surface of her armor.

Scarecrow decided that it was now too risky for him to be out here, and just in time since Captain Raging Crimson ordered more men to man the turrets. Furthermore, now the captain himself was making his way down to deal with the intruders personally.

0