Chapter 20: Raging Crimson
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Captain Raging Crimson was the captain of the recommissioned UFS Baron which was renamed the CTS Baron for Crimson Tide Ship Baron. He had won command of his ship and crew by defeating the last captain in a dual to the death, as is the custom among ship captains in the Crimson Tide. If you killed your captain you could take command, and if you win a dual against another captain you could take their ship and put your own subordinate in charge.

The Crimson Tide was an alliance, but they were pirates first and foremost meaning if they wanted power they'd have no problem turning against each other to gain more. The whole idea was good in theory, but not in practice. It did have its advantages though like the infamy that came with being a member of the fleet, and they had a neutral zone where fights were forbidden between the different group. All of this made it worthwhile to stay with the Crimson Tide.

Raging Crimson had spent 10 years working under his predecessor, but three years ago he rallied enough support among his fellow crewmen and challenged his captain to a dual for command. All though all Kelafi are capable of using psionic powers very few developed them enough to be considered true threats with them. Raging Crimson was one of the few who had become a pretty powerful psionic and that's how he was able to easily defeat his captain and take command of the CTS Baron.

Throughout the entire assault up until now Captain Raging Crimson was on the bridge maintaining contact with the different patrols on the Baron, but now that there was chaos coming from several different parts of the ship he decided it was time to take matters into his own hands.

His first goal was to deal with the three intruders trapped in the common area, then go to the engine room to re-establish order. The freight ship was last on his agenda because he believed that either his boarding team would break into, or the turrets would destroy it if they tried to escape.

He walked into the hall that paralleled the common area and saw several of his subordinates waiting in the hall. Some of them were wounded, but the rest were just waiting for there to be room. There wasn't al out of space, so they were afraid to all go in there and get torn apart by random laser fire.

Raging Crimson established a psychic link with all of his subordinates and began chewing them at." There are over a dozen of you here, and another dozen on the other side, but you can manage to smoke out three lossy merc's!" He shouted into their heads. "Those of you who are just waiting out here go to the turrets! Somebody was out wreaking havoc on our defenses.

About half a dozen of them ran off down the hall back where the captain had just come from, and he began walking forward to join the fight in the common area. "I'll kill these intruders myself."

The moment Captain Raging Crimson walked into the common area he put up a psionic force field that surrounded him up to five feet on all sides. The barrier looked like a very thin grey distortion of air that surrounded his body, and when he walked into the room the crew of the Appalachia began to worry.

He was a red Kelafi with black eyes. He wore a long black coat, black trousers, and red shirt, and a trifold hat that screamed pirate captain. He also had a large black revolver with a wooden grip, and a photon saber on his hip. After he walked into the room he used his psionic powers to toss the chairs and tables that were scattered around the room with just a few waves of his hands.

With the obstructions removed a couple pirates tried to rush in, but were gunned down by Harpy.

"Don't charge in you fools." The pirate captain telepathically shouted at his men. " I'll capture the captain, then you can sweep up the other two."

This whole time The Owl and Blackbird tried to shoot at the captain, but his psionic field took every shot without any issues. Captain Raging Crimson held out his hand and pushed Blackbird back against the wall with his psionics. He then held out his other hand and pulled The Owl towards him, and he began to shove him with the hand while continuing to hold him there with psionic powers.

The Owl struggled and managed to grab the captains head with each hand and use his thumbs to press into his eyes.

The captain grunted and used his psionics to toss The Owl back into the kitchen knocking the wind out of him.

Harpy tried shooting several times along with Blackbird who had just gotten back up, but hey still couldn't penetrate his psionic barrier.

Seeing The Owl was vulnerable another pirate tried getting close to shoot him, but The Owl got up in time, pulled a snub nose revolver out of his coat pocket, and shot that pirate. The laser blast that The Owls snub nose revolver had was enormous compared to other guns, and really stung his hand when he fired it. The Owl shook his hand because of the pain while rolling over behind the wall to get into cover.

Once it looked like Raging Crimson recovered Blackbird and Harpy took cover trying to stay out of his direct line of sight with the hopes of luring him in. They knew that if they got within 5 feet of him they be on the other side of his psionic field, and would easily be able to take him out, but Raging Crimson didn't fall for it.

Instead, he telepathically told one of his subordinates to shoot them on his signal, and threw them into the kitchen faster than the Owl, or Blackbird could react. The pirate was still floating in the air on the opposite side of the island as Harpy and managed to shoot Blackbird in the shoulder, but the Owl managed to kill them before they could shoot again.

Frustrated, Captain Raging Crimson decided it would be best to just wait them out. He believed that as they got more tired they'd get more desperate, and he'd be able to capitalize on their mistakes to finish them off. As long as he didn't make any rash decisions they had them in check.

After only a few moments of waiting he heard the ships comms turning on, and a voice that was familiar to the crew of the Appalachia was speaking over them. "Surrender, this is Captain Lich of the AGIS Gomorrah. Surrender, or we'll blow your ship away, and all of you into the void with it."

0