Chapter 21: AGI Arrives
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Back at the Appalachia Hendricks and ANDI were guarding the entrance to the Appalachia when an alarm suddenly started going off. Hendricks went to the cockpit to see what was going on, and saw that the sensors indicated there was another ship in their vicinity.

He could see anything outside the cockpit window, but he heard the same message coming in that the rest of the crew of the Appalachia heard. "Surrender, this is Captain Lich of the AGIS Gomorrah. Surrender, or we'll blow your ship away, and all of you into the void with it."

When Hendricks heard this message he was shocked, and began to wonder how they knew their location. He detached the Appalachia, and maneuvered it around the Baron to get a look at the Gomorrah.

It was massive. The Gomorrah is a dreadnaught class starship that is several miles in length, and was over ten times larger than the Baron. It prominently displayed the usual blue and yellow colors of AGI along with the more rectangular hull common amongst human ships.

Back in the engine room Rebecca and all the recently released slaves all threw their hands up and cheered in celebration of the liberation, and it happened right on time too since several pirates were about to converge on the engine room in an attempt to retake it.

As for the crew of the Appalachia and Raging Crimson, the pirate captain found himself in a tight spot. He initially had no interest in surrendering, but the rest of his troops had already put their weapons down and had their hands behind their heads. The helmsman of the Baron had confirmed that the Gomorrah in all of its might was right above their heads with their main guns pointed at the Baron.

With all of this Captain Raging Crimson stood down and ordered his crew to do the same if they weren't already. He put his left hand out pointing it towards the door. "Go ahead and leave. You win." He stated then got onto his knees and put his hands behind his head."

The three of them took the opportunity, but before The Owl left he looked at Raging Crimson. He wanted to get a good look at his face because he knew if he ever saw him again one of them wouldn't be coming back alive.

The Owl knew there was no way he'd be able to kill him right now even though he was standing right next to him, but part of him wanted to. There was a part of him that knew it be less trouble to kill him right now, but he was aware of the pirates’ capabilities. He could easily pin him against the wall, and choke him before he could draw and fire his pistol.

As The Owl walked out the door he heard a voice in his head. "Wait!" He spoke. When he turned around he saw the revolver that Raging Crimson wielded floating towards him, and the old pirate captain had gotten up to face him. "They'll take this away from me anyways. Let that be a trophy showing that you defeated the great pirate Captain Raging Crimson, and a reminder that if we ever cross paths again I'll kill you."

The Owl took the revolver as it was hovering mid-air in front of him, and pointed it at the captain. His entire body immediately froze, and he could feel the force of the pirates’ psionic powers covering him. Despite the fact that he pointed the gun at the pirate his finger was off the trigger, and when the captain saw this he released him.

The Owl grinned, and tucked the revolver away in his coat. "Then you better hope I don't see you first." He stated confident that if it were just the two of them he'd find a way to win the fight. With that The Owl, Blackbird, and Harpy all left for the Appalachia.

To their surprise Rebecca arrived back on the Appalachia shortly after them with Bar-moon in tow.

The moment Captain Starforged saw them he felt relieved, but also a little curious about the stranger Rebecca had with her. "Now I've got to questions for you, and I expect you to answer them", he demanded while pointing his finger at Rebecca. "Who is this, and what the hell were you thinking?"

Rebecca looked back at Bar-moon and began to explain the situation in detail. "Well, this is Bar-moon. He's a former slave that I freed, and who helped me sabotage the ship, and send out a distress signal which brought the Gomorrah here."

"Wait, so you're saying you two send out a distress signal to AGI, and they responded?" He asked a little surprised. "That's how they ended up here. Because you recklessly went off on a hostile pirate ship after somehow escaping, and were able to send a distress signal. That's how all of this happened?" By the tone he was using one would think Captain Starforged was made, but he honestly wasn't sure how to feel at the moment.

"Yes, that's correct." She declared proudly with a big grin on her face.

"Well, I don't know whether to be furious that you escaped and were being so reckless, or thankful that your actions helped us in the end, but good job kid", he said grinning back at her.

"Does this mean I can become a member of your crew?" She asked expecting him to agree without a second thought.

"We'll talk about that later", he replied. "Before that we have to report to Captain Lich. Our payments waiting."

Everyone piled into the cockpit, and Morgan punched Hendricks in the arm before she sat down. "My mech better be in one piece!" She stated while glaring at him.

"Don't worry it's fine", he stated while rubbing the spot on his arm that she punched.

"I still can't believe that Hendricks actually did something during the fight besides hide away in the bathroom", Blackbird stated trying to get a rise out of everyone which caused everyone in the crew besides Hendricks and ANDI to laugh.

0