4 – Preperations
676 3 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Preparations

 

I sit down in the alleyway behind the buildings near Marvos and calm my breathing down. I got a little panicked from the sudden turn of events. So it turns out I can't even tell if people are bad since they can act like nice people. Marvo’s wife turned scary pretty fast.

 

I make sure I'm still keeping Stealth up and Analyze the bag to see what I got from the shop.

 

2 Pairs of shoes, 1 Package of soap, Toothbrush, Small bucket, 3 Hair pieces, 10 Hair ties, 5 meter Rope, 10 Monster Repellant, Dismantling knife, Mirror, 5 Water Magic stones, Ignition rod, Canteen, Hair brush, Basic make-up, 1 Bag of dried meat, Sewing kit, and a few more things

 

A lot of things are there. Maybe too many. After Analyzing the additions to my bag I have calmed down. So I guess I go along with what Marvo said and visit the Weapons Merchant and then become an Adventurer. I get up, put a pair of shoes on, use a hair tie to make a 'ponytail', pull the dagger out of the bag and follow the directions.

 

It's my first time actually paying attention to the outside world now but it is duller than I thought. People all look either sad or weary. Maybe Marvo was right about this place being dangerous. I wonder if there is a place where I can relax without having to worry about bad people…

 

I arrived at where the directions pointed me so I opened the door and walked in. I jump a little seeing all the weapons but quickly remember that's what I'm here for so I wander around the shop a little looking at all of the huge Swords, Spears and other interesting looking weapons. I don't know what I'm looking for so I head to the man at the desk. He is a big guy with little clothes and lots of muscles, dark hair and a kind looking face.

 

"Ummm… Excuse me…" He completely ignores me. I wave then realize I'm still in Stealth so I deactivate it then the man jumps up and aims a crossbow at me. I aim my dagger back.

 

"What is it?! What do you want?! Don't think you can rob me you little shit!!"

 

"Dont wanna… Wanna buy…"

 

"You wanna buy huh? Then why sneak into my shop and aim a dagger at me huh?!"

 

"You aimed first." Holding the dagger tightly I put the directions on the desk. "Marvo… told me to come."

 

"You're right. Haha! I did, didn't I? Sorry about that Miss." He lowers the crossbow and picks up the paper. "Marvo huh. Alright, since you're not here to rob me, what do you wanna buy?" He softens his face and shows a smile. I move towards him with the dagger which makes him reach for the bow again but I put it on the desk.

 

"Sheath… and a better weapon…" I look at the swords around. 

 

"Alright." He reaches for the dagger but I stop him. "I need to measure the dagger's first little miss. Don't you worry , I'll take good care of it. If ya nervous grab any of the other weapons here till I'm done." He hands me a few more daggers. They all look a little worse than the one I stole but it makes me feel safer.

 

"This is a good dagger. You probably won't find one matching this in this town as anything above a certain quality is seized by the Lord."

 

"Want a bigger weapon…"

 

"What's your budget?" I keep silent like Marvo said. "Ok I get it. What quality do you want then? Trash? Trade in? Practice? Made?"

 

"Show me… your best." He sighs.

 

"Whelp I'm guessing you'll want a Sword or a Short Sword considering your size." He looks me up and down. "You sure you wanna fight Miss? It's a waste to get such a pretty face all banged up in battle." I give him a harsh look. "Ok, ok. I got it." He heads behind a wall and disappears for a little. 

 

He comes back out holding a barrel in 2 hands and lines up a few interesting looking swords on the counter. The first one looks like the rest in the store but brighter and sharper.

 

<Iron Sword

  Excellent

  1000 Rans

  (Sharpness +)>

 

Next is a smaller sword that looks alot like my dagger.

 

<Black Iron Short Sword

  Good

  8000 Rans

  (Durability +)>

 

This one looks flashy and is really sparkly with jewels on the handle.

 

<Silver Sword (Ornamental)

  Perfect

  100000 Rans

  (Durability -, Attack -)>

 

The last one is my favorite based on looks but after Analyzing it I'm convinced.

 

<Red Steel Katana

  Excellent

  15000 Rans

  (Attack +, Fire Damage, Quick Draw ½)>

 

I pick up the sword and examine it closer. It has a solid black grip and guard with minimal decoration and a dark red blade. It's so pretty it draws me in.

 

"Ooooh, you got good eyes on you Miss. That's a Red Steel one sided blade. I don't know who makes weapons like this but it's quite rare. I'll cut you a deal for 25000 Rans." I instantly glare at him.

 

"Nnnnn, Not worth… 15000 worth…" He makes a displeased face for a second but recovers.

 

"Damn. I'm assuming you have some sort of Identify Skill? Well although I was trying to profit a bit more it is actually a set with its own sheath." He grabs the sheath quickly from behind the wall and slots the sword in. Pure black like the handle with a pattern running down it. It becomes entirely different with the sheath.

 

<Dragons Draw Katana

  Unique

  22000 Rans

  (Self Repair, Quick Draw)>

 

It looks perfect. "22000."

 

"Tch. You really are a stickler aren't you. Alright. Anything else before I total you up?"

 

"Hmmm… Throwing?" "What you want? Knives? Darts? Pick? Axes?" Is throwing that complex?

 

"Knives…" I'm more used to it in my short life. He brings out a stack of Identical looking small knives. About 20. "Nnnnn. Lord?"

 

"Lord? Ahh you mean what I said before? This is only barely within his radar and considering the fact you snuck up on me I got the feeling he ain't ever gonna find you." He gives a small smile. "It's 23240 Ran by the way. 22000 for the sword, 1000 for the knives, 200 for the sheath and 40 for the strap to attach the sword to your back. I got everything ready but I'll need a second to make the strap to your size…"

 

Right… me… I don't even know what I look like apart from my purple hair… When he grabs a strap from the shelf and disappears again I pull the mirror from my bag and have a look.

 

Dark purple hair just past my shoulders, small lips, small nose. My eyes are black but I don't know... It feels like looking at a stranger. I don't recognize anything about myself…

 

"Yoo… huh, a-are you ok?" I turn to him and nod. "You sure? You got tears coming out." Tears huh that's what they're called. I pull out the Ran and place it on the table. I attach the dagger to my hip after Analyzing it. 

 

<Leather Sheath

  Average

  150 Rans>

 

"Nnnnn. Extra?.. it's fine…" he scratches his face. I attach the sword to the strap and put it on my back. I slip in a few throwing knives in the dagger sheath, one in my waist and one in each shoe then put the rest in the bag. I draw the sword from my back. It's a little wobbly but I center myself. It might be a little big. It's about 90cm according to Analyze so it's around two thirds my height.

 

"Woah, you know how to handle that little lady? It might be too big." He thinks the same but I know how to fix that.

 

<Swordsmanship bought, 1 Point spent, 10 Points remaining>

 

I swing it a few times to get the feel. Better say something. "Nnnn. New.."

 

"Aye I can see that your form got pretty sharp after the pull. I'd spend a little time practicing before taking it for a real run first."

 

"Nnn." I toss him a silver coin for the help. "Place to stay?. No bad guys?" He catches the coin then thinks. 

 

"Aaah I'm guessing you got some money, Go to the Golden Gate Pavilion, They are a little pricey but they keep everything confidential. Even to the Lord. Probably because of him." He writes down directions that look alot like Marvos and hands it to me. "You're looking pretty badass now. Be careful out there little miss." I nod and leave the shop activating stealth. 

 

I forgot to ask about the guild but I'll check the place he told me first.

31