9 – Infiltration
603 2 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Infiltration

 

Nobody seems to notice me entering the room so I stand in the corner and listen in.

 

"So are you going to continue to play ignorant to what we already know? Or are you going to confess and make it easier on everyone?" The guildmaster says with a heavy face.

 

"Tch, You can't touch me. I'm a hand of the lord. He'll come down on you like Orcs on a Woman." Sam warps his face into an evil smile.

 

"Now, now, You do know what the guild is, don't you? Why aren't you surprised that we are still in this rotten town even when the Lord is trying to push us out? The guild is an organization approved by the gods. Not even the lord can mess with us, and yet he has tried. I guess we will double down on taking him down and since you seem to be his hand you'll be charged with the same crimes."

 

"You can't do that! That's the same as blaming the messenger."

 

"Well now. We also have you stealing Guild property and abusing information provided by the guild, very heavy crimes internally. We can also do a Soul Read if you like and find out what other naughty stuff you have been up to…" silence fills the air for a little while.

 

"No… I'm… Sorry. I'll tell you what you need to know but first I want to know what treatment I am going to receive." He looks down. It seems he has given up from just a few threats. I'll keep all this in mind.

 

"If any of the information you provide can lead to any evidence that can be used to sentence, depending on how much, lowest is no slavery but jail time, highest is protective custody and a new life." Silence again but not too long after he finishes he starts saying everything he knows. A lot of it isn't important but I did pay attention to the main attraction.

 

"... that is all the stuff you can gather by yourself, but the real prize would be the secret room he maintains in his office. You won't be able to access it without actually arresting him as it is guarded by both a physical lock and a magical lock. He is a cautious man so he keeps records of all of his illegal dealings so he knows that nobody betrays him. It's just next to the cabinet on the west wall. It is also his personal treasury. I swear that is all I know." His face twists in anger.

 

I've gotten all I wanted but as I turn to leave an arrow appears above both Sam and the Guildmasters heads. I check the Quest List.

 

<Kill the Lord - Easy

  Contents on his Person

  The Lord is an evil person and he has his sights on you! Kill him!

  (Assassinate Lvl 5)>

 

<Provide criminal evidence against the Lord - Medium

  Contents of his Personal Treasury

  Infiltrate the Fort without being seen and collect damning evidence for the guild!

  (Beast Aspect)>

 

I Analyze Beast Aspect and it seems to be a skill that lets you add or change body parts. I really want to kill this Lord person but the skill just seems better so I accept that quest and leave the room. I approach the main counter and wait in line, it seems to be quite busy so when someone goes to line up behind me they walk into me. I turn around and see a woman quite taller than me with short black hair but as I look her over she has pointy ears on top of her head and something coming out from behind her.

 

"Sorry little girl. Didn't see you there for some reason." I am curious so I Analyze her as I respond.

 

"It's ok. It happens a lot." It turns out that she is a beastkin. Apparently there are alot of different types of them but she is a catkin, they get bonuses to night vision and agility. It also seems people can pass through my Stealth by touching me.

 

"My name is Amy. I'm just passing through so I wont be here for long but let's get along yeah? Not many female adventurers around."

 

"Ok. My name is Yui." I'm still cautious of her but her ears and tail are so interesting I can't take my eyes off them. She goes to say something but the person in front leaves the line so I step up.

 

"Quest Completion." I hand my card to the female receptionist I haven't seen yet. She looks like a normal person with brown hair and brown eyes.

 

"Let me see." She put the card in another weird box. "With an added bonus too. Good work. The total comes to 1800 Rans. Would you like to take your reward or set up a guild account." I can guess what she means but I don't trust the guild right now.

 

"I'll take it." She hands me 8 Small Silver and 1 Silver, I take it. 

 

"You have completed your first request so you are now F Rank." She hands me my Guild Card and I quickly leave the guild making sure Stealth is on.

 

I heard that everything should be in this Keep that the Lord owns. I don't know what a keep is but I get the feeling that it is the big cube like building in the middle of the city so I head there. Since it is quite busy on the roads today people keep bumping into me so I take detours down quieter roads and alleyways. 

 

About 20 minutes later I reach the gates of Keep and see that there are a lot of people in and around the building, All armed with swords or crossbows. I walk straight through the open gate where most of the soldiers are and head towards the building. I'm concerned about doors since that is the only time I can bump into someone accidentally so I circle the building and find a small single door left open. After I watch a little it seems the servants use this door alot to leave the building or do other outside activities. Once I can see nobody is going to use it I head inside.

 

"Lord Sharsa should be getting thirsty around this time. Mary take a new tea tray up to his office. Make sure to serve him properly." A big woman in both width and height is given orders to all of the people in this room. It's filled with counters, boxes and food.

 

"Yes Ma'am!" I follow this Mary as she wheels a cart out of the room. I walk directly behind her so I don't get in anyone else's path. After a few turns we arrive at a room with huge double doors. The maid knocks on the door.

 

"My Lord. I am here for your tea." She waits silently until a weird sounding voice responds.

 

"Come in already! I'm parched!" She opens the door quietly and wheels the cart in. I follow behind and quickly make my way to an uninhabited corner of the room. She pours a cup of tea on the tray and then places the tea on the huge desk in the center of the room. You can tell she is trying to get the tea as close to him as possible while trying to keep herself as far away from him as she can.

 

"Good work." He picks up the tea and tastes it before continuing writing on the papers in front of him.

 

"Is there anything else I can help you with, my Lord?" She moves next to the cart and lowers her head.

 

"Hmmm. I was left unsatisfied last night as my prey passed out almost immediately. Would you like a round or two to help me with my work?" I'm not sure what he means but I can't tell if she does and doesn't like it.

 

"I'm sorry my Lord. I believe I wouldn't be to your taste."

 

"And what makes you so sure?"

 

"I believe that I would be honored and excited to share some time with you."

 

"Tch. You're right. Whatever. I'll call on you if I run out of toys."

 

"Would you like one of them to be arranged, my Lord?"

 

"Yes. I can't get any work done like this. Go and prepare something while I finish my tea."

 

She bows and leaves the room. I'm still unsure of the topic of conversation but the second she turned away her face distorted to look very bad. Since it seems like he will leave soon, I just observe the room while waiting. It is quite nice, with a red carpet, several tall dark bookshelves filled with books and files, 2 windows that look quite strong and the huge desk in the center of the room with a similar dark color the same as the book shelves. After observing the room for a bit longer a knock sounds at the door.

 

"My Lord, everything has been prepared in the usual room." He puts away his stuff and leaves the room. After the door closes I look at all the walls, I don't know which is west so I Analyze each section of wall until I find something. 

 

<Shimmer Wall

  Perfect

  500000 Rans

  (Magic Lock, Hide Appearance)>

 

I appreciate your guys comments and support. :)

31