25 – Interruptions
443 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Interruptions

 

After flying around for a few minutes I am surprised at the increased efficiency of my new wings. The wingspan increased by a little bit but when folded up they seem to shrink to the size they were originally, the control also seems to be better as it is easier to make turns and different maneuvers in the sky.

 

Eventually during the testing of the new wings while flying South I see what looks like a poor village but while I'm trying to focus it seems to get clearer the longer I look and eventually a bunch of Goblin’s come into view. Great. I fly a little away and land in a relatively thin area of the forest, I then plot out a path and slowly circle the goblins village. I think I'm almost done with the current Quest so I should fly only above the hills from now on and try to push the Kobold Quest.

 

While circling I find out that the goblins seem to patrol the area in groups of three, using my new combo of thrown dagger > Water Needle > Dagger attacks seem to be going well until I approach and see a goblin with more clothes then usual. Usually they have on some kind of simple pants and maybe a vest but this one seems to be covered entirely in some kind of cloth. I quickly Analyze both the cloth and the goblin.

 

<Goblin Mage's Robe

  Below Average

  1000 Rans

  Magic Damage +, Magic Defense +>

 

<Goblin Mage

  Goblin

  Level 5

  S - 8

  D - 8

  E - 8

  M - 15>

 

It seems to be quite a step up compared to normal goblins.

 

<Goblin

  Goblin

  Level 5

  S - 8

  D - 5

  E - 5

  M - 1>

 

I still can’t see Skills with Analyze so I have to assume he is using magic of some kind. He also has Magic Defense+ so I'll focus my throwing knife on him. He needs to be taken out first. I don't know much else about it so I'll focus on how he reacts during the fight.

 

I pump myself up and sprint towards them the same as usual, right before I'm in range to stab a goblin I throw a knife at the mage and cast Water Needle at the the other goblin before sinking one of my knifes into the back of the oblivious goblin I run around him ready to pounce on the mage but it seems that the knife I threw killed him easily. Huh. I guess it’s the same as the other goblins, just that it can use Magic as well. 

 

I think I over prepared since it was the first time seeing a monster that could use Magic. Now that I think about it I have never had to face a foe that can use Magic. How would I? I spend a few minutes imagining Water Needles being thrown at myself before I remember I am on the outskirts of the village. I quickly Analyze the mage's body to see if he has anything on him that's different from a normal goblin and it seems I just need to grab his horn same as usual but this time it seems he has a Magic Stone in his chest.

 

I quickly take the horns on the goblins and then dig inside of the chest of the mage, it takes a minute or two of poking around before I find it.

 

<F Grade Magic Stone

  Average

  1000 Rans

  Stored Magic 10/10>

 

Wow. Analyze just gave me way too much information on these things that I quickly have to ignore as I am interrupted.

 

<Consume. Power. Stone? Current. Stones. Available. Zero.>

 

Huh. That voice… The Bracelet of the Void! I go to answer but am interrupted again. This time a screen pops up.

 

<Trade Magic Stone for Point equivalent? Current Points - 6.>

 

Wha!! I can trade these for Points!?!? Wait 6?!

 

<Goblin Hunt! Extended! Please check the Quest Log for further information.>

 

Too many things at once again.

 

“Gugga!!”

 

Finally I explode at the constant interruptions and throw three knives with all my power at the goblins that just turned up. Two of them hit inaccurately but still kill the goblins but the third misses entirely and the alive goblin runs behind a tree, as I'm dashing to catch up with him I hear a loud noise that echoes through the forest, I quickly arrive at the goblin and see that he is holding a horn of some kind. I quickly stab him but it seems the village has been notified about my presence as I can sense goblins rushing this way. 

 

I gather everything up using the Bracelet and prepare myself. I put away my Daggers and equip the Katana. I think with the numbers that are coming I’ll need the reach. 

 

I stand in the widest open area around and wait for their arrival. Eventually I see one bust through the foliage, it pauses when it sees me then drops to the ground from a Water Needle to the face. One by one more and more goblins come through the foliage but every time they get dropped by a Water Needle and if I can't cast it then a knife. Eventually they start to outpace my cooldown even more and I'm throwing more knives then casting Magic, eventually just after a Water Needle, I get a sudden Intuition flare up. It's never been this strong before so I flap my wings and dodge with my entire body, I turn to see a taller goblin in black robes then.

 

*BOOM!*

 

I turn to see a part of the clearing explode in blackness. Pure dark. I turn back and Analyze the new goblin.

 

<Goblin High Mage

  Goblin

  Level 22

  S - 10

  D - 12

  E - 8

  M - 28>

 

Wow. Goblins can get pretty strong. I throw a knife at him but he waves his arm and the area around him gets slightly darker then the knife bounces off something invisible. I get another sense of Intuition and look around but it seems I'm starting to get surrounded by Goblins. I think about flying away but I instantly hate myself for having that thought. I finally pull out my Katana and my throat rumbles.

 

“Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.” 

 

I embrace it and right when the first goblin begins to move I use my wings to give me a burst of speed towards him and slice his head off with Quick Draw. I then dash to the side and take out another with an upwards slash, I go from goblin to goblin slashing up and down until I see a group run into the clearing in the corner of my eye. I fire a Water Ball at them, before I can see them fly, I go to refocus myself but I hear something flying through the air so I use my wings to push me backwards. I wasn't fast enough as an explosion of darkness happens in front of me and accelerates my speed. I get sent flying into the forest and slam heavily into a tree, the pain isn't that bad compared to the stab from Scout so I recover but take this opportunity to enter Stealth and circle around the High Mage. It seems to be vigilant of whatever is in front of them but not behind. Huh. The knights and guards seem to have an entire area around them that I couldn't enter while in Stealth but all these goblins seem to focus on just what is in front of them so I walk up and slice the High Mages head off. 

 

Since for some reason I felt let down after how easy it was to kill them I go to yell but what comes out surprises even me. A loud and piercing roar escapes from my mouth and forest falls deathly silent, even the usual sounds of small insects and rustling trees have paused. I am confused for a minute before I feel a shake throughout the forest. Again. Again. Finally the goblins seem to regain their calm and a few even smirk at me before taking a step back and moving to surround me again but this time at a further distance. I wait until I see a giant goblin step into the clearing with two smaller but still way too big goblins on either side of him.

 

<Samaruse          Goblin Champion

  Goblin

  Level 38

  S - 50

  D - 20

  E - 45

  M - 30>

 

<Horko           Hobgoblin

  Goblin

  Level 22

  S - 30

  D - 15

  E - 22

  M - 20>

 

<Sorko           Hobgoblin

  Goblin

  Level 22

  S - 31

  D - 10

  E - 28

  M - 18>

 

“You seem to have slayed a lot of my kin, Beast girl.” The big one speaks but his voice vibrates the surroundings and for the first time I feel frightened without the shame following afterwards. I feel pure actual fear for the second time in my life.

20