Chapter 3: Eye-Spy
212 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Hello new chapter. I'm sorry for the delay but I had to focus on my studies for some time. as I had several exams and assignments due over the past months.  but I'm done for the year now. so il be able to write more. also, good news I had a book cover custom made for the story but I can't decide which one looks the best so at the bottom, i will put pictures of the book covers for you to vote on which looks the best

 

Lucy and I decided to go home. Thankfully, she didn't live too far away, and we were both able to make it there in good time.

"This is where you live?" I asked her.

"Yep, it ain't pretty, but it was home for a good time" Lucy briefly held a sad expression before shaking it off.

"Anyway, enough of that, let's go. Oh yeah, I'm in the process of packing my stuff. So it looks a bit like a pigsty in there at the moment"

I nodded my head and entered lucy's home. And oh boy, a pigsty was an understatement. There were bags and cardboard boxes all over the place. Old pizza boxes and other takeaway containers were littered all over the apartment. And there was a slight odour, something close to spoilt milk. But I couldn't put my fingers on It.  

"you really live like this, huh," I said dryly.

"S-shut up, vesper. It's been a really hectic few days for me lately," she said, slightly flustered.

"Uh-HuH"

"SHUT UP!" She said, even more flustered. It was fun to tease her like this.

"Relax. I'm just messing with you. Look, ill make it up to you. Let me give you a hand." I snapped my fingers purple portals started to appear around the apartment. From those portals, multiple dark purple tentacles sprouted from them. The tentacles began hunting for loose items and started packing them neatly into boxes.

I looked back towards Lucy. Her face had gone pale. Sweat dripped down her body. I giggled slightly

"What’s the matter, Lucy? Nothing out of the ordinary is happening. “

Her eyes glazer over then, just like before, she snapped back to normal.

“Thanks for lending me a hand, vesper. With your help, I’ll be done in no time,” she said with a smile on her face.

“No problem. I’ll be heading to sleep in your room if you mind.”

“Sure, no problem, you’ve helped me so much. This is the least I could do,” she said as she went into the living room. As fun as it is to bend her will, ill have to stop now anymore, and her sense of self will disappear, and she will be nothing but a hollow doll. I walked to her room it was filled with cardboard boxes, but the bed was still there. I walked towards the bed and sat on the side of it. I looked around the room and saw more items that looked like they needed packing. I let out a deep sigh. Honestly, this lady needs to be more organised. The room lit up purple as another portal appeared. Now that the room was being cleared, I decided I could finally do what I came here to do. I summoned some mass out of my finger and turned it into an eye. I then pulled the eye off my finger. The eye then started to sprout tendrils from its side that slowly moulded together and made a set of wings. I inspected the purple eye with wings. It would suffice. I laid my back on the bed and closed my eyes as I transferred my consciousness to the flying eye. I lifted myself off the ground and briefly flew around the room. Yep, this will do nicely; I told myself as I set off back towards the Nakamura household.

**********

“Flying is a hell of a lot faster than walking!” I yelled as I flew at great speed towards their house. I picked up more and more speed until I heard a loud boom come from behind me. I think I might have broken something. I decided now would be the best time to slow down, and just in time, I was getting close to their house. I slowed to a halt just above the Nakamura house and decided to enter the same way I came in the first time. I flew down towards the chimney. And In record time, I was inside the house. I scanned the room. No one was downstairs, and from what I could see, no one was in the kitchen and dining room. I flew upstairs and found myself in the upstairs passageway.

If I had to guess, the passageway had 5 doors, so one room for everyone and a bathroom. The passageway was simple. There was a mirror at the top of the stairs and a chest of drawers next to the railing. Now, which room should I enter first? I was about to enter the room on the far side when the door opened. I dove to hide behind the chest of drawers. I peaked out a little bit and saw the older one head out of her room with nothing but a towel covering her. She walked out of her room and towards what I guess is the bathroom. I quickly flew into her room and what I saw was a sight to behold. Her room was littered with posters of different women wearing more and more outlandish clothing. She had a mirror surrounded by light bulbs on top of a desk which had lots of different types of makeup pilled on It. Where does she get the money for all of this? Suddenly I heard a door open behind me. Crap need to hide. I looked around and saw a photo of the two sisters on one of the shelves. I quickly flew and hid behind it. Luckily it was just big enough to hide me. I decided to have a peek around the painting to see who came in, and to my surprise, it was the other sister. Kaori, if I remember. What was she up to? I watched as the girl started to rummage through Midori’s room. She was looking for something that much was obvious, but what was she looking for? Kaori was now looking under the bed.

“A-ha! Found it.”

Damn, I can’t see from here. Maybe if I just I move a little bit more forward… Oh, Shi-

*SMASH*

“What was that!”

I quickly hid on the far corner of the shelf. It was pretty high, so there is a chance she wouldn’t have seen me because of the angle.

I heard her walk over to where the painting fell. The sound of broken being stepped on travelled throughout the room.

“How did this fall? Do we need to get the shelf repaired?”

Suddenly the door swung open. I moved a bit closer to the edge to have a look.

“I knew you would be in here!” it was the older sister. She was holding a towel around her chest, and her hair was dripping with water. I heard the other sister scramble to stand up.

“Midori i-i-i it's not what it looks like.”

“What do you mean it's not what it looks like!? You’re holding my hair straighteners. Were you planning to steal them again, YOU THIEF”?

“No, I I wasn”

“STOP LYING” She yelled.

“You’ve broken the photo on purpose, didn’t you?”

“No, I didn’t!” Kaori yelled back.

“Oh, and it just fell by itself. Oh, please, you’re a terrible liar. An UGLY. TERRIBLE. LIAR”

“I AM NOT” sniffling could be heard from Kaori. “I’m not any of those things.” I could see tears streaming down her face.

“What is going on here?!” it was Reiko. She had just come out of her room she was wearing a pair of bunny flip-flops and a pink dressing gown.

“Midori, are you bullying your sister?”

“Bullying, she is always the one who starts stuff like this. She broke my picture.”

“And that makes it okay to say such hurtful things to her?”

“Oh my god. You never ever take my side on these things. She has been doing these things for months now, and you never ever say anything to her. You always ignore it or tell me to stop bullying her. It’s not fair.” Midori yelled back. With some tears welling up in her eyes. “you probably think I’m a pest, and that’s why you're leaving?”

“WHAT. No, Midori, that’s not true. And you know it’s not. Also, I thought you were okay with me leaving.”

“of course, I’m not okay with it! No child would be okay with it. but you’re such a terrible mother you didn’t even realise.”

After she said that, silence fell in the room. It was probably a few seconds, but it felt like a few hours until finally, Reiko spoke up

“I'm sorry” her eyes were full of tears. She turned around and walked back to her room.

The two sisters looked at each other they both wore the same sombre expression.

“Get out of here; ill clean up the glass.”

Kaori didn’t hesitate and instantly left the room so did Midori. I decided that I would take my leave as well.

I made my way out of the house and flew back to lucy’s apartment.

**********************************

Announcement
man writing family drama is a chore. that last bit went through so many rewrites but I'm still not happy with it. anyway, enough about that below is the picture please vote in the poll

 

1st book cover

Spoiler

blackhttps://imgur.com/a/ULRzCCM

[collapse]

2nd image

Spoiler

purple

[collapse]

 

3rd image

Spoiler

white fLFVNeE.png

[collapse]

 

which book cover do you like the best
  • black Votes: 9 47.4%
  • purple Votes: 8 42.1%
  • white Votes: 2 10.5%
Total voters: 19
4