Chapter 11 – F-tier Dungeon Corporation
62 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The words spilled down Vaughn’s vision like a torrent of legal jargon, although that was hardly enough to deter him. Vaughn had been involved in the Hallows family business since he was seven years old, and had done his fair share of reading the unaudited financial statements of several less-than-reputable private companies, including a crab trawling company operating out of Alaska that tried to pass off a boatload of Dungeness crabs as Alaskan King Crabs, a fact that only came to light after he personally sailed into the middle of the Arctic ocean to take a closer look at the lovely pile of fraudulent crustaceans.

In other words, he knew how to navigate these kinds of things, whether it be a wall of text or hypothermia inducing waters. He’d take a good, hard look at this system generated agreement with a figurative magnifying glass before he accepted.

He began to read the text floating in a separate window underneath the confirmation box for forming [Sintech Dungeon Pharmaceuticals].

[Formation of a Corporation]

Greetings, outlander. It appears that you are interested in forming a corporate entity in Alvatross. The idea of a corporation is a foreign concept from your world, and thus you will negotiate with the system to set Rules.

Vaughn’s eyes widened. If he was reading this correctly, this was no joke. There was a reason why the etymology of the word ruler was quite literally an individual who set the rules, and lawmaking was the foundation of sovereignty.

The system has analyzed corporate standards and presents outlander Vaughn Hallows the opportunity to form a [Basic F-tier Corporation]. A Basic Corporation is defined as one without specialization. An F-tier Corporation is one that will grant several benefits beyond those given to standard adventurers. A list of these beneficial effects is listed below. Additional options will be conferred upon level up of the corporation and its subclasses.

Benefits

  1. An F-tier Corporate affiliate may create a [Shop] through which you may sell goods. Your shop can be leveled up to provide further options.
  1. While regular adventurers may bring back a fixed amount of Items and Artefacts to their home world at the end of a season, F-tier Corporate affiliates will be granted additional Item and Artefact slots. Affiliates will also be allowed to bring back higher grade Items and Artefacts.
  1. Additional benefits will be granted to you to aid you in your travels and adventures. These will not be disclosed, as you must uncover them yourself and unlock their requirements. The quality of these bonus benefits will rise as your corporate tier increases.

At F-tier, you may only have (1/1) employee(s) in your company. This restriction will be lifted at E-tier.

You require a sufficient magic catalyst to incorporate [Sintech Dungeon Pharmaceuticals] within the Archives of the universe. A Lesser Mana Crystal (0/1) may be used to upgrade to an F-tier corporation.

Additional benefits may require payment in the form of pure mana crystals or quest completion to unlock. Different magic catalysts or offerings may be used to unlock new options. For example, a [REDACTED] element magic catalyst may unlock [REDACTED].

As payment for these benefits, the system requires that outlander Vaughn Hallows complete several [World Quests] to improve life in Alvatross. These world quests will be given when the occasion arises.

“What do you mean by world quests? Can you give me an example?” Vaughn asked.

An example of an F-tier [World Quest] would be subjugating three wolves that are harassing a local village.

“That doesn’t sound so hard. But what if the quests get harder and I fail to perform? Am I allowed to refuse?”

Failure or refusal to perform [World Quests] will temporarily suspend your incorporation status. You will lose your benefits until you perform all accrued [World Quests]. That is all. You will not be forced to undertake any quests against your will.

“Alright, that’s fair.” Not being forced to do anything was very important. Vaughn had zero intention of signing away his life and getting forced into undertaking dangerous quests. If he was going to take on a dangerous quest, he’d do it out of his own will, even if that will was horribly reckless and misguided. At least it would be his own choice, and that to him was a crucial distinction.

So far, the system seemed to be quite fair with its requirements. Vaughn moved on to the next point of interest.

“Hey system,” Vaughn said out loud. He scanned the document already for two specific phrases. Back on earth, corporations were commonly used for two things in particular– as a personal liability shield, and for tax benefits. “You can read my mind, right?”

The system recognizes that there are things such as “Corporate Taxation” and “Legal Liability” from outlander’s home planet. These terms have been replaced, as such things hold no merit in the Archives.

However, they may be introduced to the Archives if outlander wishes to negotiate new Rules.

Oh, how joyous. Vaughn Hallows now had the unique pleasure and opportunity to become the progenitor of corporate tax law in this beautiful, unmolested world, free from the ugliness that the former entailed.

He’d be lying if he said that part of him wasn’t curious what would happen if he did do just that. But honestly, Vaughn wasn’t all that interested in participating in true evil, the likes of which Dhunnim's Shadow Council had never seen, just yet.

However, there happened to be just one little thing that he did want to bring over to this world.

Anonymity.

Vaughn Hallows cleared his throat and spoke seriously. This piece of the puzzle was crucial to his future endeavors. And it wasn't what you'd think.

“I’d like to negotiate a deal to implement the veil.”

System does not understand outlander’s proposition.

“The corporate veil.”

System is searching for relevant information. Relevant information found. Outlanders from the planet Earth utilize corporations to obfuscate their identity while dealing with sensitive transactions.

Vaughn nodded. “Yes. Mega Million lottery winners frequently do this, as do the very rich and the very well connected, so that their dealings and assets can’t be traced back to them. Which brings me to my request,” Vaughn Hallows said, clearing his throat. “I’d like to implement the veil, so that my name and likeness are not associated in any way or shape with Sintech Dungeon Pharmaceuticals, unless I explicitly grant permission to establish the connection.”

That is a permissible change to the Rules. Adequate compensation in the form of [System Quests] or [Offerings] will be levied for this boon.

“Sure.” Vaughn’s pearly teeth flashed a knowing grin. “And, I’d like to be able to wear a different name and face while working in a corporate capacity. A pseudonym and alternative appearance.”

You do not have enough to offer to cover the compensation for this request.

Vaughn chuckled. “Thought so. Anyway, it was worth a try. Those are all of my requests for now.”

Outlander Vaughn Hallows, you have requested a change to the Rules that govern the Archives. The system has evaluated and found some of your suggestions within reason. Do you wish to proceed with your request on the accepted changes?

“Yes I do.”

Very well. Request is now processing.

3