Chapter 8. I took a Nap
372 5 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There were three kinds of death.

One is given to the honored warrior. Those who meet certain criteria after a battle of life and death. Death was given to those who stuck to their beliefs. Even if they were on the wrong side of history.

The second was a useless death, given to the fools who provoked death despite being a sheltered piece of shit who couldn't complete a single fucking swing of a sword without breaking into buckets of sweat like the little bitches they are! Fuck! I hate those kinds of people! You know, the dishonorable sort of one.

Then, there's death given to those who deserve a painful end. A kind of death that would maximize pain before ending the life hanging by a thread. Slave Merchants, Rapists, Scammers, Cultists - unless they are good cultists who just keep to themselves without being annoying - and some more I can't list but generally, people who cross my boundaries. 

I gave the worm the death that it deserved.

[Answer: the creature you have slain is not a worm, it is called Wurm.

Wurm: A serpentine beast that tunnels through the earth. It uses its intelligence to trap and play with its prey, even using other beasts. The Wurm is a distant relative of the Dragon Lineage.]

A Wurm? They sound so alike; why didn't they just call something else?

[Answer: The Wurm is also known as Wyrm, depending on the culture.

Further Note: The Worm encountered is on its next evolution, proven by the thorns from its tail.]

So, that means there are different kinds of people in this world? 

'Well, that is to be expected when I think about it. After all, there's a talking cat, humans were mentioned earlier, and I met the boar-people just now - what are they doing?' Turning around, there was row after row of boar people bowing to me, their heads touching the ground.

"What is this?" I asked them calmly.

The Chief lifted his head, tears going down his face, "Thank you for saving us, your Lordship. You feed us with such treasured food, yo…you… even saved us from such danger!"

Oh, so that's what this is about. I have seen many people thank me. They would prostrate themselves to show gratitude. But, I've always seen prostrating to one's benefactor as haggling. 

Prostrate to make them feel bad, so you don't have to reward them too much? What a bunch of bull - Give me what I am owed, Martial Alliance, tsk, bad memories surfaced - But, I wonder, what would they give me? I hope it's gold. I don't have any gold in this world. Please, be gold.

"We could never repay his Lordship in our entire lives."

See, there it is. Now, present to me Gold! Please, I want to Gold. I do not have money in this world, and it feels weird.

"But, us Orcs would not be able to live with ourselves if we do not repay our benefactor. You have saved us from the beast that we cannot hope to defeat, given a future that should have been stolen!"

BAM!

The Chief buried his head on the ground, "We cannot give you anything but our bodies and our future! We ask his Lordship to allow us to follow and serve you!"

Huh, I've never encountered something like this before. I could not feel any hesitance; there was no fear; I could see a collective desire to serve me. They were sweating in anticipation of my answer, but I wondered why they would follow me?

[Orcs (Demi-Human): They have snouts like a boar and protruding fangs from their lower jaw like a tusk. They are pig-like in appearance, descended from an Agent of Chaos. They are bursting with life, reproducing quickly but have low intelligence. They are strong, but, compared to monsters, they are nothing but cattle.]

Ghost suddenly explained to the boar-people or the Orc's characteristics, 'I'm thankful, but that didn't answer why they wanted to follow me.'

[Answer: Orcs are strong, but against the forest's monsters, they are weak in comparison. Like the Wurm, they are constantly targeted for meat, so they most likely wish to follow a strong leader and be given a chance.]

I glanced at the Wurm behind me; I gathered the needed proof.

They were shaking and crying. These Orcs were not the people I knew in the past, but they too held people they cared about. Even the Chief had cried and wallowed in sadness ever since his wife and son died.

Now, they wanted to follow me. 

I don't want followers personally. I accepted Nekorn because he was interesting.

But, looking at them, a thought appeared at the back of my mind, 'I have enough time.'

I haven't seen everything this Forest has to offer.

"Sure, I'll take you all as my followers."

I already have a cat as a follower.

"So, do you want me to name you?"

I mean, what difference does it make taking some Orcs as followers? 

I named every single one of the Orcs, but, unlike before, the fatigue made me stagger on my feet.

 

“My Lord, are you okay?!” Chief, who I named Tusk, raised his voice as I almost fell.

 

“Don’t worry about me… I… just need to catch my breath.” I said as I looked at the other Orcs looking at me worriedly. How 

 

‘The amount of stamina taken from me is staggering… I’ve never felt this tired for a long time.’ I could feel my body telling me it was time to finally rest.

 

[Answer: Naming forty-seven Orcs at the same time is a mistake. Not only mana is taken from you but also a part of you, so stamina is the least of your worries.] 

 

But I powered through the ordeal, named them all, and kept my consciousness still. After everything, the Orcs looked in shock as golden threads appeared on their bodies.

 

“My Lord, you are a Deva?”

 

I nodded as an answer. Before the golden thread ate them, I saw them shed tears another time, “Thank you.”

 

They said as they disappeared into the thread.

 

[Vassal Orc Evolution Process shall finish in (4:23:59:59)]

 

Forty-Seven two-meter giant cocoons lined in front of me. Don’t get me wrong, I am strong. Uncontested in my world, but even I could carry every one of them with me.

 

A cocoon weighed more than a hundred kilograms, and that’s on the low side. If I took with me all 47, then I would have more than 4 tons to carry. It was a lot, so I chose to stay.

 

Resting my back on one of the cocoons, I became comfortable.

 

‘I could… barely… move.’ Drained of mana, I decided that it was time to rest.

 

I could no longer move from where I stood, so, as a precaution, I deactivated my Skill [One With the World] as I fell asleep.

 

Without my knowledge, the Forest was suddenly thrown into a huge commotion.

 

The world started moving the moment I took a nap.

Thoughts on what happened after he took a nap?

Thanks for reading - Do you like the chapter? Click the Heart - Have any thoughts? Leave a comment [I answer any question :)]

13