Chapter 21 – Sasha Sinclair
246 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Part of Phase One Release!! Do remember to read the chapters released before!]

“Hey, little lady, are you ok?” 

Ai tilted her head, looking at the man with blonde hair, blue eyes, a tall and muscular body, and a perpetual grin that seemed oddly familiar. Though there was worry in his eyes when he glanced towards the two broadswords, she was carrying. 

She smiled, tucking back her golden blonde hair, her bangs covering her right eye, and she looked at him with her visible green eye, “Thank you for saving me.” 

“Ah, yes. It’s my duty as the Hero! But…but….” 

Ai blinked, noticing his gaze towards the swords and chuckling, winking, “Worry not. I carry them for show. I am Quirkless.” 

“Ha-ha,” The man awkwardly laughed, “But…but…Citizens are not allowed to carry weapons.” 

Ai sighed, “But…this belongs to me, and I am looking for a place to live. I have a meeting right now; someone was about to show me a house there…but it’s broken now.” 

Ai looked over towards the building that had lost its top floor to a giant lizard lying over it. 

“I am sorry!!” 

“Hey, don’t worry about me. That guy is getting up…how about you take care of them?” 

“I’ll be right back!” The man propelled himself towards the lizard, punching it, and this time he made sure that the guy fell to the ground. 

Ai had barely taken a few steps forward when he landed beside her, keeping up that perpetual grin, “I AM HERE!” 

“And you are loud,” Ai covered her ear, smiling, “You do remind me of someone.” 

“Of me?” 

“You must be famous if you are talking like that,” Ai pressed her lips into a smile, “A friend I used to know…he too had that perpetual smile on his lips.” 

“Must be a good man!” 

Ai smiled, glancing at him, looking towards his waist, “Say…Mr. Why do you smile?” 

“Why did he smile?” 

“He…he just a fiery personality,” She warmly smiled, “Set your heart ablaze…that was his motto. It didn’t matter what the situation was; his smile always gave everyone the necessary courage. Even now.” 

Ai took a deep breath, holding back her smile and tears simultaneously. 

“To smile regardless of what’s happening because the ones who smile are the strongest.” 

The man looked at her, finding tears covering her cheeks as she wiped them, “That is what my teacher taught me. I would have liked to meet the one you are talking about. He must have been something.” 

Ai took a deep breath, wiping her tears for one last time, letting out a breath, “I can’t do this…I don’t want to anymore.” 

The man turned to look at her as she walked away; he was about to say something, he wanted to say something when he felt a sharp pain, knowing that he had reached his time limit, “Hey! Wait, and I will be back! I will get you a house!” 

Ai didn’t look back; she knew he had to leave for a while. She stopped, “I didn’t ask his name….” 

She started walking away, “Then again…I don’t want to know.” 

The world that she was in, the world of Quirks. She didn’t realize that it had formed a Super Hero Vs. Super Villian type of society. It came as a surprise to her, “I need to get out of here. Go somewhere where there are no heroes. Money…I have none.” 

[Your reputation in the last world has been converted into money.] 

“Hm, is there any country where there are no heroes?” 

[…] 

“Fine…” Ai walked around, sitting down on rubble, watching the cleaning crew clean up. She took a deep breath, closing her eyes, ‘Calm yourself and think.’ 

‘I don’t want to be a Hero. So that is not an option…but I need to collect blood. The best way to do that….’

Ai tilted her head; a smile appeared on her lips, “A medical profession…I guess Mom’s nagging would be plenty helpful now.” 

Her mother, Tsunade Senju, was a medical ninja. Though she tried to teach her and made her read those medical books, she never much-paid attention. Though it was in the last world that she realized she remembered them, and if she used the Memory Palace technique, she could reread them, and she did. 

It could be said that she had more than basic knowledge, but it was all chakra based. Without charka or breathing techniques, “I need to learn more. I need to know which College is the best for it.” 

She roamed for an hour, searching for the information she wanted. She went into an internet café to search for what she was trying to find, and she did. 

It seemed that the best University was in the US, so she took a house and waited for her passport. The system helped her with most formalities, taking an abnormal amount of money from her account. 

Once she got the ticket, green card, and other necessary paperwork out of the way, she made her way to the University and got herself a bunch of heavy books and a dorm room, shared sadly, but the view was good. Since it was on higher floors, she got a good view of Crossman Medical University and the city she was in. 

“Impressive isn’t it?!” 

Ai was sitting on her bed, looking out of the window toward numerous skyscrapers, and the night sky turned her eyes towards the girl sharing the room with her. 

She had been trying not to look at her since looking at her left her in a daze. The girl…was the epitome of beauty, her white hair swept to the side in a side sweep bob with a long and sleek ponytail. Her dark brown eyes were bewitching, but sadness was deep in her eyes. She had narrow eyebrows and open eyelashes with a natural touch of mascara.

“Yeah, it’s amazing,” Ai felt a natural blush appear on her cheeks. It wasn’t as if she was into girls. Instead…that thought hadn’t come to her for long, being into men or women. Maybe somewhere deep inside her, she had been protecting herself since she’d have to leave anyway.

She had stopped being interested in people that way, but this girl, it was sheer admiration for her beauty, the way she sat, filled with elegance, she almost didn’t seem natural or human. 

“My Quirk…it’s Supernatural Beauty. A troublesome Quirk.” 

“Oh,” Ai smiled, “Hello. I am Quirkless.” 

The girl sighed, troubled, “You do know that if I am telling you my Quirk, that is my wish? You don’t have to tell me yours? Moreover, it’s rude to ask someone their Quirk.” 

“Oh,” Ai blinked, “I didn’t know that.” 

“It’s also rude not to introduce yourself to your new roommate,” The girl said, causing Ai to fluster. 

“Yes, Ai Senju here!” 

“Sasha Sinclair,” Sasha lightly said, “If there is anything you need. Ask me.” 

Ai gently nodded, looking out the window again, “They…are still fighting.” 

“You can tell? I thought you were Quirkless?” 

“I am…it’s complicated,” Ai closed her eyes. After her death, she met Yoriichi again, and he taught her everything he could. It allowed her to reach the Transparent World, a technique only accessible by those who have achieved Demon Slayer Mark. She didn’t have the mark, and yet, it wasn’t an ability that could be given up. Somehow, it stayed with her even when she came to this world. 

The said technique/ability wasn’t in her eyes, it was a sixth sense of a kind, and it wasn’t as much as she could see, but she could tell that they were fighting, the heroes and villains. 

“The sixth sense of a kind?” 

“Huh,” Ai blinked, “Can you read minds?” 

“Your thoughts are written on your face, and I am slightly more perspective than others,” Sasha lightly said, “You should wear a mask if you don’t want others to know what you are thinking.” 

“No one could guess Sixth Sense from reading face,” Ai covered her cheeks. 

“That’s not true. You told me you were Quirkless, meaning it wasn’t a Quirk. You can see them, but when you said it’s complicated, you closed your eyes, yet your focus remained as if you were still seeing them. Your ears didn’t twitch, nor did the nose. You didn’t even open your mouth to taste the air. That does cut down the options.” 

She stopped, shaking her head, “And it’s not like I was sure. I guessed, and it so happened to be right.” 

“That’s impressive….” 

“And unbelievable? Most people don’t believe what my Quirk is…they still think I am hiding some Mind Controlling Quirk. You might be Quirkless, but if you act like that…people will stop trusting you.” 

“Oh,” Ai slumped her shoulders, “It’s complicated living in this society, isn’t it?” 

“It’s complicated living in any Society. You have to learn the ways of it.” 

Ai watched her, and Sasha gazed back at her, and Ai abruptly looked out of the window as a smile appeared on her lips. 

“You are smart too,” Sasha put the blanket over her body, closed her side lamp, resting her head on the soft pillow. 

Ai parted her lips before closing them, and they curved into a beautiful smile, “Thank you.” 

She closed the lights, put the introductory book on the table, and slept. Though, sleep was one thing she couldn’t get, not when she heard a scream near her college. 

She sat up in the middle of the night, glancing at Sasha before she opened the window, looking at the ledges. She was about to jump out on them when a voice stopped her. 

“You know you can’t save them all, don’t you?” 

Ai froze and sighed, “I know…I don’t even have a Quirk, for that matter…and even if I did…I probably wouldn’t be able to save everyone. No one can.” 

“Then?” 

“Not being able to save everyone…and not saving those you could save? Those are two different things, don’t you think?” 

Sasha narrowed her eyes in the deep of the night, and a smile appeared on her lips, “I guess they are.” 

She turned over and took out a suitcase from under her bed, throwing it towards Ai, “You need a mask.” 

Ai caught the silver case, holding it tightly, “You are not trying to hide who you are…you know.” 

Sasha relaxed, closing her eyes, “If I had to hide…then it would make no sense to take the same room as you or be here for that matter, would it? You are not alone…so don’t feel that you are.” 

Ai bit her lip, opening the suitcase to find a face mask that covered her eyes and the side of her face. She placed it on her face, and her hair started to change, turning scarlet, and so did her eyes. 

She bent down, taking out one of the broadswords with the memories of Demons etched onto them in a helix formation across the hilt and the blade. 

The moment she grasped the sword, it was covered by the effects of the mask and changed, turning into two katanas resting inside their scabbards. 

“I’ll be back,” Ai jumped down to the ledge, running off to the direction where she heard the scream, where the crime was happening. 

Sasha pressed her lips, looking towards the window, “Why do you always ask for worrisome favors?” 

6