Chapter 3
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today is the day. The day I finished this mission. I take a deep breath and start walking toward the red dot not too far away from me. As I walk for a minute, I can hear a howl, and I can see the Ulsa charging toward me.

I quickly turn around and run as fast as I can. I can hear them following me, and after a few seconds of running, I can see the trap I make.

I put all my strength on my legs and jumped forward as far as possible. I land not too far away from my trap and see the Ulsa fall into the hole I dug. As they fall into the hole, I quickly take out my spear and start stabbing them through their skull.

It only lasts for a few seconds before I see the Ulsa disappear and leave nothing behind. I release a sigh of relief before sitting on the ground. It is rather anticlimactic, but I prefer this strategy rather than charging toward the monster.

"One mission is done... Another one to go."

I open the quest tab and see that there is one quest that has been completed. I click it, and I get a notification.

|Mission Complete!|

|Reward: Slight boost to your stats|

I open the status window, and true enough; I get a slight boost in my endurance.

|Leonardo Virdad|

|Title: Void Walker|

|Level: 1|

|Strength: E-|

|Endurance: E+|

|Agility: E+|

|Magic: F|

Previously my endurance was E rank, but now it reached E+, and my agility has increased once again from all the running around. Speaking of agility, it did not only affect my movement speed. It also affects my reflex. I can now predict enemy movement more clearly.

The same with my endurance. It did not only affect my durability but also my stamina. I now can run for half an hour at high speed before running out of breath.

"Now. Let's hunt these so-called Blade Bunnies."

~Sometimes later~

"Fuck!"

I dodge the incoming attack, but that thing manages to hurt my arms even then. Just like its name suggests, Blade Bunnies is a bunny holding a bladed weapon like a sword or axe.

They are weak. I can kill them in a single hit, but these little buggers are fast. Very fast.

"Haaa!"

I thrust my spear and see it stab the air as the bunny dodges my attack and then jumps toward me with its axe. I block the attack with my spear and kick it away from me. After kicking one of the bunnies, the other jumped toward me.

I quickly jumped away from them, barely missing the incoming attack.

I cannot attack them head-on. I cannot keep up with their speed even though I know where they are going. They are too fast. That only leaves me with one thing. Counterattack. It is risky but worth a try.

I take a defensive stance. I put my spear in front of me almost vertically and waited for them to attack me. Just as I suspected, two of them jumped right at me. I block the two weapons trying to slice me in half, and swing down my spear.

When they fall to the ground, I quickly thrust my spear downward and kill one of them. However, after stabbing one of them, I can feel a sharp pain in my leg and see that little bugger manage to injure me.

The wound is not too deep. I can still stand even though it hurts.

I grit my teeth and take another defensive stance. Lucky for me, these monsters are not smart. They keep charging at me. Just like before, I block their attack, swing down my spear, and when they are on the ground, I stab them.

However, just like before, I cannot kill them both, as the other manages to injure my legs again. I fall to the ground and see the little bugger jump toward me; I block its attack and summon my dagger from the inventory before stabbing the bunny right in the eye.

"Three down. Two to go."

I force my body to stand and wait for the other two to attack. However, unlike before, the last monsters decided to attack me from two directions.

I quickly roll down and dodge the incoming attack. I widen my eyes when I see them rushing toward me once again. I use my spear to push myself forward and barely avoid the attack. After dodging the attack, I stab my spear to the ground to block another attack from the bunny and then push myself up before pinning down the monster on the ground, where I stab it with my dagger.

When the last one jumped toward me, I rolled away to the right and saw its weapon stuck on the ground. I quickly tackle the little bastard and stab it repeatedly in the head.

"Haaa… Haaaa…"

I lie on the ground and see the sky start to change to orange. It looks like I managed to defeat them before sunset. I take out a bottle of medicine. Just like any game, this world has something called Medicine, yes, just that. It can heal any physical injury someone has.

Currently, I have the weaker version of this potion. It can heal a light wound.

I take off the cork and pour the medicine on my injury. I grunt a little at the burning sensation and see that the wound slowly closed but not completely.

I take another bottle from my inventory and start pouring on the injury. When the bottle is empty, my wound is healed, but it does leave a scar. I slowly get up from the ground, and I wince a little at the slight phantom pain, but it quickly passes.

I open up the quest and, just like before, claim my reward.

I could feel a slight boost in my power, but it was not physical, unlike before. I got a boost in the magic department. It increased from F to F+. I prefer physical growth, but I will take whatever boost I can get.

"Haaaa… With this, the only thing I need to do is go to the city of Sol-Falena."

0