A sister above all
426 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Diane's POV

My sister has quite the predicament. This might be my chance to prove that I am the better of the two of us and seize the throne for myself.

Since when we were young she has always outshone me. She was better in everything and gained greater favour with our parents than I could ever dream to have. What was worse was that she used to brag about it? On the surface, it might seem that she is a caring sister who loves me wholeheartedly but I knew better. She looked down on me as nothing more than a way to make her look good.

I tried many times to make her show her true colours but she was, I mean she is a really good actor. 

Since it was proving hard to paint her as the bad person she really is, I decided on a better course of action and that is to take her life as my own. I wanted the power she has and all that ever belonged to her.

During our generation's contest of royals and contest of crowns, she took the first place while I took the last. That embarrassment has stained my soul and must be repaid in kind. For that, I embarked on a journey to get a child so that I can repaint my embarrassment with the achievements of a worthy heir but as always she beat me to it. She just had to go and have a child before I could.

Will her mockery never end? My hate for her just keeps on growing. When I think I can't hate her any more than this she just goes and does something to completely take my hate for her to a higher level.

I wish nothing more than to see her face full of despair. Just like how it was that day she first 'lost' one of her children.

I had sneaked a spy in her castle who relayed to me that she birthed twins a boy and a girl.

I had planned to steal away her son and raise him as my own as it was proving had to birth a child of my own. This son of hers would have been trained to take out her own mother. This was a perfect revenge. I could even call it poetic justice but as the people I had hired were incompetent they ended up stealing the wrong child. They took the daughter instead of the son.

What was I to do with a daughter? I know that Rose became a queen even though she was a female but she was the exception. I tried it and learnt the hard way that we females are just not cut out for that title so working with a daughter was entirely useless. That being the case, I order for her discarding. 

Although the mission was a failure it was not a complete one since I got to see the face of despair I always wanted to see. Even if it was for a brief moment I still enjoyed her face of despair.

I let her enjoy a year with her son before I tried again to steal him from her. This was to ensure that the face of despair she would make would last longer and be even sweeter.

To top it off I made sure just like me she would never be able to birth another child. 

The plan was simple. Under the guise of an assassination attempt the assassins I had hired would steal the boy and fake his death while simultaneously intentionally tearing her womb while pretending to kill her in the dead of night.

This would ensure the maximisation of utter despair from Rose.

The plan worked swimmingly. It seems like the world finally noticed my injustice and was giving me its approval to correct it.

Ten years later it happened. I finally got a child of my own or I thought I did. Everything was going on so well that I could not help but just feel happy or at least I think I did. I had never felt happiness before. 

I didn't know yet that the child I was about to birth was just going to be a false hope.

When it come for the day I was to birth the child, there were some complications that I had not accounted for. The pain was so overwhelming but I knew the reward of having my own child, especially a son would be greater than I ever thought.

Then came the bad news that he was born with utterly no magic power. What was I to do with such a worthless child? He was just going to be a waste of space. I can't believe after nine months of carrying that thing in my weak womb I yielded such an utterly useless heir. What was more was that his birth completely ruined my womb in that I could never hope to birth another child in my entire life. I then just did what people do with trash. I discarded him same as the first one

Things were looking so bad for me. Is my plan to gain a worthy heir all for nought? I could no longer come out with Rose's son as I had previously planned to because it would be too suspicious.

Then came the Idea to use Rose's Son to birth me a worthy heir with a woman of good magic aptitude like Tina. Yes, she would do nicely. But I had to wait for two years to pass for he was still eleven years old. When he turned thirteen and was able to produce the seeds necessary for planting children, I put my plan into action and from there I was able to gain twins.

Looks like the plan is going well. The son I had acquired is performing well just as I had expected. With him, I might be able to take over the kingdom but now an even earlier chance to take over the kingdom has arisen.

I had learnt of an impending war between the demons and the kingdom of Bermone before it even happened to reach Rose's ears. With this knowledge, I saw a path to both paint, my dear sister, in a bad light and simultaneously gain the kingdom for myself.

I made sure to sabotage my sister's communication channels so that she could never learn anything in time. I then proceeded to antagonize the nobles of this kingdom in her stead but I don't think I needed to do much since it was already happening by itself. 

Although her reign is looking to crumble she is quite talented and may end up re-establishing it before it completely collapses so because of that I need to go and sabotage her plans for re-establishment at the source and for that, I need to know what she is doing. 

I will then use many of the antagonized nobles to indirectly plan for her assassination. But I will not let their plans succeed for she still needs to be alive to see me steal her glory.

If possible I would like my sister to be in a state where she can see all that happens but not act on it.

" Take the news that I will be visiting my sister to the castle."

"Right away my Lady."

6