I have conquered a dungeon
410 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rae's POV

We walked into such an empty room. The walls themselves had a modern feel. In the middle was the robot I had seen in my vision. It was just as it was in my vision created from both metal and earth.

I had missed this feeling of seeing machinery. Feels good to actually see part of the modern world here.

 Now, what am I supposed to do exactly? That huge beautiful chunk of earth and metal is just sitting there and is there no gate? Wait I can see a tall console-like thing at the far end of the room.

Ok is that a quantum gate I see. It is sort of like the one I made but a little bit different. It looks like this one you stand on then you are showered with dark magic and through the use of dark magic and quantum mechanics you are transported to somewhere in this world. I would like to really understand how this works.

Who made this thing? Maybe they are from the modern world and have found a way to use science and magic together.

I have no time for this I have to defeat this robot so that I can get to go to the labyrinth.

The robot then started just how you would expect a classic robot to.

"Welcome Rae, Eleanor and Cilia to the last floor of this dungeon. I am the protector of the dungeon Core. To find your way back home or to the labyrinth, you will be working towards defeating or shutting me down.

Now arm yourselves and be ready to take me down."

All through this dungeon, my coordination with the others has not been that good so I think it is time we worked on that. 

Eleanor is a good tank with that shield so if I use her to draw the robot's attack while I work towards breaking it apart we might be able to win. Sorry to Cilia but there is no part for her since her abilities are not applicable here.

Eleanor got into the formation I had just thought of before I even told her. Hmmm, that was a little bit creepy but ok.

"I see you are ready now. Okay, protect yourselves from my attacks for here I come."

Then all become a blur. The movement of the robot was so quick and insane that I doubted for a moment if this was all real. Cilia had been seriously hurt and Eleanor was not looking so good. 

Looks like I am on my own again. Wait I have Liza maybe I might be able to defeat that robot with her.

"Eleanor protect..."

"I understand my lady, I will protect lady Cilia. I'll leave the rest in your hands. I am sorry that I am still not a great enough knight to protect you well."

"Don't worry you are. I will be done soon enough and we will be out of here."

Now that Eleanor is protecting Cilia I might be able to go all out on this thing.

First I will use thought acceleration so that at least I am able to see and predict the Robots movements. Next, I will combine the use of gravity magic with light magic attacks since in this dungeon the monsters have all been weak to it so I assume the robot is the same. I really wish that I had control over my visions maybe It would have given me an edge on this fight or even control on my mana field this would have been made much easier but now I have to be at the mercy of this beautiful piece of technology.

Oh yeah, I forgot it had earth on its body so maybe I can get control over its earthy parts.

It did it again moving at what I can only describe as light speed. This time the amount of thought acceleration that was enough to read it was about 150% by this I mean my thought process had been increased by fifty percent.

This is the third time I have had to use this skill. First, it was on Mr Harold then Trina, now it is this huge beautiful piece of Earth and metal's turn.

I could clearly see the path to an opening. But all in all, it was still not slowing down seems my gravity magic is not affecting it. Then what about using light magic on it. Yeah, that would most probably work, and then just for a second, I saw it.

I don't think this robot is truly made from metal and Earth because it became see through the moment my light magic made contact. Okay so is it using some sort of camouflage technology or something else.

Oh no, It is going for Eleanor and Cilia, I am not quick enough to save them. I...I wish there was a way I could switch...Wait did I actually switch places with them? I don't knowhow but now that it is heading straight for me I can Flood it with my most powerful spell light magic.

I see it. I see its true body. It is made of some sort of transparent material and metal. Looking closer there are some connecting wires underneath. This is really complex circuitry. On the metal parts are the symbols I have been seeing throughout the dungeon. They are glowing at different times as if to indicate something.

Here comes the attack, I was so engulfed in looking at the information that I left myself wide open... Even if I cannot dodge it I can at least reduce the impact. 

Using all of my vampiric speed and wind magic I was able to avoid getting a fatal blow but its attack still connected. That was painful but I will manage.

Now that I understand the outer body is a ruse I am going to use my light magic on my eyes so that I can pear through to see its real body.

Glad that it worked. 

Now I see it. The different symbols are glowing according to the action it is taking.

These symbols are like a sort of programming language. With that in mind, I might be able to defeat it by disrupting the flow of code.

"Liza can you decipher what the different symbols are the codes responsible for."

[Already done Master. Here are the results I have gotten ]

It is pretty good to have such an autonomous Ai with me. 

Now according to what Liza has gotten if I disrupt the flow of code on the left side of its chest, it should shut down automatically. Sort of just striking at the heart of a human being quite poetic.

Ok, here I go I am going to use my light magic on its left side. Looks like the Robot has noticed my intention but unfortunately, it is too late for it to do anything. Wow I got to say its transparent body is really durable I can almost think it is carbon fibre. Maybe it actually is. Anyway looks like my attack has landed.

The robot then slowly shut down. Finally looks like it is all over. 

Oh, no is it not over? Is the robot restarting again? Wait it is compressing itself to a compact state.

"Congratulations Rae, Eleanor and Cilia. You have conquered this dungeon and have earned the right to the dungeon core. A symbol will appear on your right hand now. This is what will be your key when you want to enter the labyrinths. The dungeon core will diffuse into energy that will heighten all your abilities. You should have felt a little bit of its energy while going down the levels. Enjoy and reap its full rewards. 

Now stand at the centre of the room for this dungeon is about to collapse. You will be teleported to the door of the labyrinth in the next thirty seconds."

After thirty seconds we were back above ground.

 It feels good to conquer a dungeon.

Now to head to the...Is that a dragon?

7