Hildebrand the vampire slayer
316 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Trina's POV

I am out searching for those vile beasts. My Queen has been so passive with me that it is scary. She is acting as if we don't know each other at all.

She must be so repulsed by my new being that our relationship is so strained and we have became estranged. I must fix this situation as fast as possible. Maybe if I bring her the vampire queen's head she will notice me. Yeah, that is what I am going to do. To find that queen I must first find that village. Good thing I have the right abilities for that task.

While my blackouts and thirst for blood seem to have become insignificant I still find myself in the need of ingesting blood. I found out that I have the power to shape shift into the creature I draw blood from. The duration of the form is directly proportional to the amount of blood I have drank.

While at times I find it hard to control the forms I take I still retain all my abilities and get new ones from the form I have taken.

Currently, I have taken the form of a wolf and I am out searching for a place with a strong scent of blood. That is most probably where I will find those beasts for they need blood to survive. I would have searched for them with my vampiric form since it is better at smelling blood but by doing so I would also risk the chance of them discovering me. So to minimise my conspicuous form I have taken the form of a wolf...but alas all the creatures' forms I take always have crimson-coloured bodies... Although It's still better than my very noticeable vampiric body.

It is the dead of night and I can feel the scent of blood fill the air. It is so fresh that it is tantalising. It's coming from the direction I am heading. Maybe that is the direction of the village? Let me follow the scent and I will soon find out.

Okay, I see it now it is the carcass of freshly killed prey.

Did the thing that killed it just leave it here. Even monsters around these parts are monsters. This is an insult to mother nature. You should at least make complete use of the prey you have killed. Since the killer is not here to claim its price, I will claim it for it. I am quite famished after all.

Okay first let me make camp. I might be outside the protective dorms but I do believe I have the strength to defeat any enemy that dares to show up. Plus that will be a win for me. I will get to add additional forms to my arsenal so I am actually hoping for a powerful beast to attack me.

This blood is delicious, and the meat too is good. Thank goodness I found this free gift I now feel satisfied. 

Looks like dawn is about to break. Let me catch up on some sleep so that I can continue with my journey at night. The monsters I am hunting are nocturnal after all. That tree branch over there looks like a good spot to take cover and have a nice rest...Off I go to dreamland, by the end of tomorrow I am assuming I will be done with this mission. 

Nice, I woke up in time. The night sky is still stretching its veil pushing out the day that came before it. Now back to the mission. Wait what is that I hear? Is that grumbling coming from afar? I also faintly hear what seems to be the whimpers of terrified children. I have to go and help them. 

The scent of blood is growing stronger and stronger with each and every step I take. Has it hurt them? I hope not. Having a powerful nose is a really handy ability but still, the blood is a little bit nauseating. 

Where are they and what is attacking them? Oh, so that is the beast. I think it is an ogre. Is it the same monster that teared up that poor creature and left it to rot? If so I will teach it a lesson in respect that it will never forget.

Wow, the stench of blood is really strong here. I didn't want to use this form but to fight that ogre looks like I have to.

Okay, let me kill this ogre before I have a chance to take those children back to their village and then continue on my quest.

"Nice form. Too bad I have to kill you."

The Ogre was quite strong and agile too bad for it I am faster... How is it moving like that? It is like it had the ability to shift its weight. If I don't do this right my actions might end up hurting those children. So let us finish this with a clean cut through the neck at my maximum speed. 

Glad that worked. Now to go help the children but before I go I should really take a drink. Don't want to be wasteful. Its abilities might also come in handy... I forgot about the children... Why are the children looking at me so calmly as I drink its blood? Aren't they scared of what I am doing? If they are not then I should just continue sipping.

That was refreshing. Quite the strong taste but still refreshing. Now to take the children back to their village.

"Hello children, do you know the way to your village?"

"Yes."

"Okay let me escort you there, these woods are a very scary place, especially at night."

"Thank you, kind lady."

As we walked the stench of blood seemed to get stronger and stronger. Was it the lingering scent of the ogre I just sipped out of? No this felt different... Those gates, I see now that explains why they were not terrified of me after I drank that ogre's blood.

"Okay children, is this your village?"

"Yes!"

"Okay, that is good."

My anger was quickly rising just by being close to these monsters. But I have to keep calm. I don't want to risk losing the queen. So let me just first get inside the village... Once in I couldn't stand to hide my disdain for them. And at once it busted out.

"You vile beasts that have corrupted my blood and caused a strain on my queen's and mine's relationship. I have come to claim the head of your queen."

"Trina! Is that you?... What are you talk-"

"Quiet you insolent being, don't you dare call me by that wretched name. Just hearing your voice is highly infuriating. As I was saying bring me the head of your ruler."

"But, but we don't have a ruler."

"If you won't give her willingly then I will just cut off all your heads. Eventually, I will cut hers off."

After that, I started attacking anyone close to me. The rush that I felt was highly liberating. I didn't care if it was a child or an adult, young or old. All that was in my way lost their lives. I indulge in my violent urges to the point that I lost my sense of reason and could not tell what I was doing.

When I came to all I could see were multiple dead bodies covered in pools of blood. 

"Even though I didn't get there queen, I have purified this land of those wretched beasts."

7