The blood witch and the vampire queen
320 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cilia's POV

Oh, what baggage I am. All throughout the raid, help I was not. Moment here, moments there, tried to shine but unfortunately couldn't. My help was none existent and all in all, I was just an existence. A barrier instead of a shield, the drag instead of the lift. To help my queen I have to try, and learn my skills without being shy. Apart from my magic the weapon I wield I will add another to level my skills.

"My queen..."

"Cilia, what's up?"

"I am sorry for my incompetence. I could not offer you any significant help. All I did was drag..."

"Don't worry about it. For now, you are still a child but you will soon grow to be very powerful. The ability to control blood is truly a powerful and extraordinary thing. Speaking of which, can you let me do some experiments to see how far we can stretch the limits of your ability?"

"I don't object to that. I would also like to be taught how to wield a weapon and fight."

"Okay, I will do that but be warned it is not something that you can pick up right away. You have to train each and every day so that you can better your skills.

It might take you months even years to just get remotely good."

"It doesn't matter I still want to learn"

"That's the spirit. Now back to the experiment thing."

"Okay, what is it that you want me to try?"

" ...Blood is a very vital part of a living being's existence. You might even call it the essence of life.

In modern science, blood has been found to be made up of four main components that is the plasma, erythrocytes, leukocytes and thrombocytes

While the function of these four components varies, their combination is a much-needed substance in the body...

I am curious as to how exactly your power affects them. Like for example can you affect each component individually or is it necessary for you to have all four components for your powers to work..."

" Uhh...My queen, I don't know what you are going on about. So I don't know what exactly you want me to do."

"Well, for you to get a better grasp of your powers of course, and to do that, you need to learn everything you can about them."

"But my queen all this sounds so foreign to me. Isn't what I am currently able to do enough?"

"Cilia, you are not seeing the bigger picture. If we can study everything about your powers extensively, we may help you do so much with your powers like maybe refine how to kill or heal things... Your powers just have so much potential that I feel they are very broken. Well not that I am one to talk. The bottom line is your powers are so unhinged that they feel like they can topple the balance of the world."

"I know that you are trying to make me feel like I have the potential to be one of the most powerful people in the history of humans but I just don't see it."

"Let me try to explain it to you by giving an example... Ahhhh, okay let me talk about erythrocytes. Erythrocytes have the important function of transporting oxygen to every part of the human body."

"Okay, and how exactly is that linked with my blood magic?"

"You see, now that you have that knowledge. You have gained the power to either cause an increase of oxygen supply to a certain organ or completely deprive it of oxygen by taking control of these Erythrocytes in the body."

"Ehhh...What is oksijen?"

"Well, oxygen is the component of air that sustains life."

"Oh, ... now I sort of understand. When I increase the oksijen supply to a certain organ I boost its abilities beyond its previous capabilities but when I deprive it of oksijen I weaken it and even may cause it to completely lose function...So that is why you said it may be used to heal or kill...Wait is this why you want to know if my magic can affect individual components of blood?"

"Yes, that is exactly why... And it is oxygen not oksijen."

"Oxygen?"

"Yes oxygen, now back to the experiment."

"You want me to try and control those erithoro thingis?"

"Yes."

"But I don't know how they look so how am I supposed to control them."

"I will draw you a picture.

This is what they look like... They are also the ones responsible for the red colour of blood."

"Oh, okay... Let me try a boost of oxygen to my right arm...Okay, it feels pretty powerful but it is also sucking a lot of my mana."

"That is good, it means it is working."

"My arm is becoming so heavy so fast... it is starting to feel numb."

"We are ending the experiment now"

"Okay, now what?"

"...Stop focusing your whole oxygen content on your right arm. It might be good for short-term use but when you do it for a long time you are depriving the other organs of oxygen and this is straining them."

"Okay, Looks like this was a failure."

"No, it was not. It was actually a success."

"There you are Miss Velmont, The principal is looking for you."

"Okay, I will be right there Miss Melissa."

"Cilia, I think your power has the potential to surpass anything you ever thought possible but for that to happen you will need proper knowledge of human biology. Luckily for you, I shared the knowledge with Pico. Go ask her to give it to you. She will be happy to teach you. Once you understand it try to experiment with the knowledge you gain. You can't have progress without experimentation. I would also like you to document your discoveries. This will help you learn from your mistakes. If you get any problems, I'm here to help you wherever I can... Before I forget, your combat training will start tomorrow so make sure you wake up very early and met us at the field. Okay, let me go see what the principal needs bye."

Rae's POV

Cilia's Powers are really interesting. I wish she knew how powerful she can become once she understands the workings of a living body. An example of an ability she can come to gain is overall blood manipulation which applies to the temperature, pressure, oxygen supply and clotting of the blood itself.

She can even end up being able to control the rate of healing of her own body or the body of another. To some point, she can get to fully have control over people's bodies. A power I am going to refer to as blood marionette. The more I think of it the more I see how powerful and dangerous her ability is. It is frightening to think of what her power can become but I am a scientist so my curiosity is outweighing my fear here. I would truly love to see how her powers grow.

I wish I could have passed all my knowledge telepathically to her, that would have quickened her growth but unfortunately, that would also risk her finding out I am not from this world so let her just learn it slowly by herself. It will also help her discover the joy of science.

"...Miss Velmont? Miss Velmont!"

"Yes."

"We are here."

"Okay."

"Great Sage as you requested here she is."

"Thank you, Melissa. You can leave us now."

"Right away, I will take my leave now great sage, your grace."

"Hello your majesty"

"Hello, Rae. Please just refer to me as Rose."

"Okay, Miss Rose. Now Mr principal, why have I been summoned?"

"I have a question for you miss Velmont."

"Are you truly human?"

"... Well, I am human enough. What brought this on."

"Is that a question you should be asking, Isn't it obvious? No normal human being can reclaim a whole city by him or herself let alone tame a dragon."

"Okay, I get it. I am too powerful to be a human, so what is your point."

"Rae. You are half demon right."

"Well I don't know if half is the accurate description of what I am but yes I am part demon."

"Okay, are you with the humans or are you with the demons."

"As I told you before I am with neither."

"Okay... but can't you reconsider. With your power..."

"Let me stop you there your high- Miss Rose. I told you before I will not help a government that forsake me in my time of need. The only village I will fight for is my own."

"Okay, I have another offer... Will you become my adopted child?"

"Miss Rose are you out of your mind. I already have a loving family so why would I accept that."

"For your friends and family of course."

" Why would you say that...Is that a threat?" 

"No! Your power is just too great. It terrifies the Nobles to their core so they may try and use your friends and family to get to you."

"I can protect all my friends and family thank you very much."

"You might think you have the power to but that won't be enough to protect them. You also need my influence, which you will get if you just become my child."

"Hmph..."

"I know of your past... Do you hate the royal family because of what your mother did to you?"

"That woman is not my mother, my mother died at the hands of monsters."

"It doesn't change the fact that my sister birthed you."

"So what if she did, she equally wanted to take my life."

" I know it is hard to accept me as your family but please accept my offer. You are my niece or should I say, nephew."

"I am still not convinced."

"Well okay, you have the power to flatten nations right, but can you exist in multiple places at once"

"No."

"What about this war that is going on. Do you think you can protect all your loved ones from it... If I am not mistaken one of your friends was badly hurt in it. What is stopping them from being hurt again?"

"But..."

"What about the labyrinths...Now that you have conquered a dungeon I am assuming you want to conquer the labyrinths so who is going to protect your loved ones when you are gone?"

"Okay I will do it...but not because of you, I simply want to protect my loved ones."

"But Mr Harold is still my father."

"I don't object to that... Just not publicly."

"I will also not use my powers for military purposes unless it serves my purposes."

"As long as your purpose is not against the kingdom then you are free to do whatever you like."

"It's a deal."

"Welcome to the family, my daughter."

6