Finding the Overseer
296 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rae's POV

It has been a week and those demons have not yet complied with my demands. Well, it was worth a shot. We could have easily avoided bloodshed if they had just accepted my ultimatum. Now I have to decimate their army...Well probably not but still I can't let this go.

Eleanor and Ivy are hungry for vengeance so I need to identify that Hex or curse witch or whatever she is and bring her back to them. I also need to find out who the labyrinth overseer is and try to convince her to take me to the last floor of the labyrinth so that I can claim this secret power the devil queen talked about.

Rose told me to keep a low profile and refrain from flaunting my powers since I may escalate the political situation of this country even further. Well, I guess she is sort of right...I can't help but feel like Rose is using me in a political scheme by taking me in as her adoptive daughter. Most probably, she is using me to assert her dominance over the noble factions. And how did she even find out about my past?... Mr Harold? Yeah, Mr Harold must have told her. Well, I get it, he is a loyal subject under her rule and must comply with her demands. But still...Well, it is not like we agreed to keep it a secret. Just hope I don't have to deal with that woman for a long time.

Now so far I have sort of gained an illusion magic. 

I tinkered around with the refractive index of the air around me to the point I could become invisible.

While the invisibility in air works fine, I found out that forming a magic barrier and then tinkering with its refractive index produced even greater results. It seemed to be more efficient too, mana-wise anyway.

This spell will come in handy, especially with the plan I have set in motion. Of course, I expected that the demons would to refuse to comply with my demands. Why would they? This would be blatantly accepting that their entire demon army was defeated by one little girl. That is definitely not a good reputation for them. 

From their very effective strategies, I expect they have a very competent strategist. This strategist will surely come up with a way to counter the politics that have been brought about by my presence in this war...

I was not a very brilliant chess player back on earth even though I was considered a genius so hopefully, my assumption of what the demon army strategist will do is true.

I am assuming that they will try to wear me down with cannon fodder. Sending monsters and huge amounts of soldiers to attack me. They will then bring out all the five generals when they feel I am weak enough to attack and defeat.

The way they will bring out the cannon fodder is what I need to figure out. 

I got it! This can go either two ways... There could be more but so far the two ways are what stand out to me. If the demon king is a good leader he would definitely use hordes of monsters to attack me and try and avoid using his soldiers until it is absolutely necessary that means he will use human hostages to try and slow me down either by putting them in the face of danger or if he has some compelling ability make them attack me or even both. It might be cruel to the humans but it is considerate to demons this is war after all...

But if the demon king is a tyrant he will definitely use both his soldiers and humans as meat shields so that he can further his advances. That means throwing them under the bus and leaving them open to my attacks.

It might be hypocritical on my part but I would hate him even more for the latter.

Well, I really don't have to worry about either scenario since I plan to infiltrate their camp using the ethereal realm and with an invisibility spell identify the demon king.

Once I identify him I will challenge him to a duel... I have to remember the demonic tongue for it. Got it... I think it means bludgeoning duel or was it Compulsory duel, I am not sure. All I know is once I invoke it he must comply for it is tradition.

While the demonic tongue seems to have declined drastically over the past few centuries as Trina stated I am pretty sure they will recognise those words.

Looks like they are moving, Time to put this plan into action. 

"Riley, would you please do the honours?"

"Right away master."

Looks like their camp is filled with low-level demons...Wait I can barely sense any dark signatures from them. How low level are these demons and if so, why are they armed to the teeth? Well, it is barely my concern anymore. 

Wait I can sense 6 very strong dark signatures but I can't tell where they are by eye. I need to get closer so that I can spot them. 

Search magic really is awesome.

In the past few days that I have spent with Riley, I learned a little bit about mana fields and was in the process of trying to master my own but so far, it is still a working progress. A very long one.

Search magic and mana field are similar in a lot of ways... Maybe search magic is a product of mana fields well those are questions that can be asked and answered later... 

One of the signatures is unlike the others I have felt. It is not completely a demonic signature, in fact, it has more similarities to those of the creatures of the dungeons than that of the demons, that must be the overseer.

"Riley head in that direction and drop me there."

"Right away master."

Wow, that signature is way more powerful than the others. Maybe I should just go for him/her because I now know where she/he is at?... No, I doubt that the overseer will be that willing to comply with my request. That will also blow any chance of retaining the element of surprise.

I should head straight to the second strongest signature here.

Wait the second strongest signature is also where the first is at...Looks like there are another two powerful signatures there. Does this mean that three of the generals are with the demon king? That sort of makes sense. He is their king after all. 

Well looks like I will be done with this quickly...Wait can she see me? Is my illusion magic that horrible?... That spider-looking woman is really squinting her eyes in my direction as if she trying to gain focus on me. Her eyes are following my movements accurately and it is getting very, very weird. I think she can see me. Yeah, she can definitely see me...She is the one who has the strongest signature that I felt when I arrived here so she there is a high chance that she is the overseer but I am still not sure. Either way, my plan is working swimmingly. I just wanted the demon king and the demon generals to gather at the front lines so that I can pick them out from the rest and fulfil my mission. It looks like my wish is coming true. Scaring them to this corner was an excellent choice on my part.

That handsome-looking demon is sitting on a pseudo throne while the other ones are standing. Looks like I have found my target. Let me go have a chat with him...The spider woman's gaze is really unsettling.

"Hello, demon king how are we doing today... I invoke!€#@√√3%&$@#$$#"

"Wait, what is that and how did..."

"...HUH."

"...(whispering)I can't believe it. (Very loudly)The demon king has been challenged. Sound a horn... I am sorry your majesty once the duel has been issued you can't refuse. Guess you are on your own now."

"So you are the thing I have been seeing...This is outrageous, why should the demon king fight just because that girl said some words."

"She has issued a challenge in the demonic tongue and as demon kind, we have to follow this rite whether we like it or not."

"So I am supposed to fight her whether I like it or not."

"Yes"

"Demon King! Please reveal your true face, we both know you are wearing another's body."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean the demon king you so praise and hold in high regard is not who you think he is."

"Lies, stop spreading your foolish lies."

"Well if you think it is a lie ask him yourselves."

"Demon King, tell me what she is saying is not true."

"Since the jig is up I might as well show you..."

"Who, who is that..."

"Who are you and what did you do to our demon king?... Answer me!"

"Wow, you are a teenager. Never thought you were this young."

"Since we are duelling anyway. I am challenging you for the position of Vampire queen."

"She is a vampire?"

"I can't believe this...On top of all that, you are also a vampire. I, I have been serving a deceiver."

" So you are a vampire of royal blood I take it. It's fine with me. Let us do this. I will teach you and your Celestial family a lesson."

7