The road to the labyrinth
399 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rae's POV

"My name is Venus and I will be initiating this duel."

"Are we seriously considering this? Our real demon king is dead so shouldn't the duel be invalid?"

"The previous Demon King was killed in combat by one who had the intention of taking over the throne so rightfully she is still our demon ki- I mean demon queen."

"We don't know even who she is?"

"Can we get this over with...What is your name again?"

"I am Reina."

"Ok Reina, let us do the vampiric ritual for the duel."

"...Before we duel are weapons of any kind acceptable in this duel."

"Yes, I accept a fight with a weapon of any kind."

"Okay let us get this over with"

"...Alright with that, we are officially in a vampiric duel."

"If you are done I will now officiate the royal duel."

"Okay, I am ready."

"I too am ready."

"Then this duel can begin."

Immediately she flapped her wings and off she went with her crimson wings. Looks like she is routing for an aerial battle. 

It is quite clever of her. She is in the air thus is not grounded so my electric arcs cannot affect her. Yes, I can use flight magic but that too takes a lot of mana and it looks like she knows that. Wow, she is really taking advantage of her wings. In this position, I can only attack her with long-ranged attacks that are either by the use of earth magic combined with wind magic or light magic but I assume light magic will not do too much damage to her. Besides I want to keep my celestial heritage as secret as possible.

Well, I can do something else but let me let her think she has an advantage over me...Wow, Okay she's fast. If I was any slower that kick would have got me right on my face and would have done a lot of damage but unfortunately for her, I am also fast. Looks like she left herself open with that attack. 

Let me grab her foot and using a quick spin and using her centrifugal force direct her to that wall over there.

Yeah, that looks like it hurt her. Now without giving her any time to recover I will attack her with a series of earth-made projectiles...Ok, she is trying to flap her wings to gain lift, I won't let her do that. There I sliced through one of her wings with my twin blades. Looks like the vampiric speed added to the momentum. She really looks to be in pain but unfortunately for her, I won't be showing mercy...

Wait where did she go. All of a sudden everything has gone black... The scenery seems to have drastically changed. What a lovely view, wait was I teleported? No, I don't think My eyes and ears are telling me one thing but my nose is telling me another.

This is illusion magi...Okay, that kind of hurt. Yeah, this is definitely illusion magic..., That was quite a barrage of attacks, a fist to my every opening She is really taking advantage of this attack. My Amethyst ring seems to be accumulating the damage I am receiving.

I just have to hang on then I will unleash my gravity magic and break out of this illusion...Finally, there is the red I have been waiting for. 

"Yes, there you are, Finally I can see..."

"My queen, my queen"

"Trina?..."

"You vile beast! what are you doing to my queen? You...You hurt her, I will kill you."

"Enough of this, I now see I cannot defeat you with my efforts alone. Norn"

" Yes, your ma...je...sty."

"Activate protocol Angel storm."

"Voice recognised. ID 120001RC identified. Commencing activation of protocol Angel storm. Shutting down ego. Assessing the level of danger to ID 120001RC. Level of danger determined. Calculating the most probable solution. Solution determined. ID 120001RC should I commence in executing the solution?"

"Yes."

Okay, why is that spider woman communicating like a robot and levitating?  What is up with this situation, I thought I was in a fantasy world.

"Isn't this cheating."

"It is not, Norn is a biomechanical magic weapon designed by the Celestials and as per the rules any weapons are allowed."

"Commencing with the primary objective."

Wait where did Reina go. Now how are we supposed to finish this duel?

"Primary objective achieved. ID 120001RC delivered to the main terminal. Commencing with secondary objective."

Okay what are those, I think that is the language that I saw in the dungeons... Why are there suddenly tears in the sky?

"Labyrinth resources successfully diverted."

 This is insane, monsters are actually falling out of the sky and not just a few, they must be over several tens of thousands.

This is bad the entire human kingdom will be annihilated at this rate. I have to stop her.

Okay, let me attack her with my flight magic while she is mid-air...That is just cheating I could barely see her move and now she is tearing through my flesh. Guess I will be dying after all...

Wait why is she just standing there?

"Error, Celestial DNA detected. Scanning for subjects ID. Subjects ID not found. Rescanning for subjects ID. Subjects ID not found. Determining solution to current error. A solution found. Executing solution. New objective acquired, transporting subject to Core terminal."

Core terminal where is this core terminal...Wait did we just travel through multiple dimensions. She is way too powerful. How am I supposed to defeat her now? 

"First Objective achieved. Warning Magicule reserves are at the minimum limit, Subject is requested to take over the Identification process. Unit 101DM going to sleep mode."

Okay, that was a very weird few minutes. Wait There is a quantum computer here? I am not sure but I think I was just transported straight to the last level of the labyrinth. Okay, that was extremely lucky.

So this is what the last level looks like. It is has a more of a futuristic than a fantasy feel. 

I just have to look at that quantum computer.

It looks very advanced. The celestials must really be an intelligent race. How am I supposed to switch it on?

"Liza can you access the mainframe of this quantum computer and give me access."

[Uploading code Now]

This is so exciting I wonder what secrets I will learn... What's up with that blinding light, it is really hurting my eyes. Looks like it is reducing.

"You are not supposed to be here."

9