6. Sold
25 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Universe was created by God, and due to his love and overflowing kindness, we were born, and what I just told you was a lie - I will now spare you the horseshit everyone has fed you since you were little. How Universe was born is unknown, this place is a mystery still, and Gods are bums that gathers followers like pets to gain power and they are killable." Eva revealed an earth-shattering revelation with a yawn, "So, how does it feel, realizing you have killed a God? Feeling a little blasphemous yet?"

"...I don't know… I just… want to fight something like it again."

"Oh?" Eva raised a brow.

Isaac remembered how he won against the Leviathan, how he played around it and how easy it was to do, "It was powerful, and interesting… I want to experience it again, I want to see and discover what made it special… I want to hunt another God."

His light shone brightly with interest.

"GAHAHAHAHA! How interesting, I thought you'd be rattled, but you're one interesting lad!." Eva threw a book at Isaac's way, who sat by the counter table.

"What's this?" asked Isaac.

"A summary of what you need to know about your situation. I'd be here for a while if I explain everything to you but I have a job to do, so, toodles."

Isaac took a sip of some Orange Juice and just started reading.

[Gods and Creation – Aberration Edition by. Evaneveen Lyon] - the Cover read.

—Gods are beings that are beyond transcendence. There are many said gods, and each of them governs a "domain" over a specific aspect of the World's natural Order, and Law, for example, a [God of War] rules over the [Domain of War]. A God's strength is beyond the understanding of Mortals. But still, that does not mean the Gods are all-powerful; for example, they cannot interfere with the world directly, only through an [Incarnation], [Host], or [Specific Events] will they be able to wreak havoc in the physical world, this is the reason why Gods have religions and Priests.

Isaac paused reading the book, a painting of a man wearing what seemed

to be some sort of tunic revering some idol or weapon.

"What is this?"

"That's a Priest, sweety." Evan answered but then realized, "Wait, your world doesn't even have a Priest?"

"No, they were all wiped out together with their religion." He thanked Eva, sipped some juice, and then continued reading.

—Then what does this have anything to do with Aberrations, you might be asking. You see, Gods get their strength the more worshippers they have. The more people worship them and act in the deeds of their domain, the stronger a God becomes, and the stronger a God becomes, the more prestige they will earn in the Pantheon over at their Realm of being. Why do you think religions fight one another? The Gods then reward the faithful with power, like skills or Class. The Tower that appears in a world without a God is also called [Tower of the Forgotten God]. It is the Cage of a [Fallen God], and those who beat said Fallen God will gain the defeated's Divinity and be eligible to become Deity in the future if he or she so desires.

"Wait, does that mean I hold Divinity in my body?" Isaac could feel some stabbing words on his back, and thinking back on the book, he came to a sudden conclusion, "Does that mean those guys will try and kill me to take away my Divinity?"

"Huh? No, they won't. A Divinity carries a lot of trouble, and becoming a God is even more of a hassle. If you're wondering why they threw you away like a live bomb, it's because your existence alone will attract a lot of danger. Monsters above Silver-Rank will try and kill you for your Divinity, and the Hunting Dogs of Gods will kill you so they can offer your attained Divinity to their Gods, it's that's simple."

"So I just became a public Hunting Target?"

"Yup, and the only reason why you didn't get teleported to the Temple is that beings with Divinity can't enter that place. But you know the worst part about holding Divinity?"

"There's more?" Isaac was flabbergasted. His plate was already full; just what kind of tragedy can be added?

"You're banned in most Cities and Towns. You can't taste delicacies of this world."

"… that's it?"

"That's it?" Eva was shocked at his words. She could not believe he was taking such a problem with such lightheartedness, "I will have you know that this world is the creature Hotpot of every dimension of every World. Why else would you travel the world other than to visit restaurants and eat? Adventure? Do that in your own World. The only thing worth mentioning in this world is the wide arrange of food… lucky for you, our Restaurant serves all kinds of dishes found in all corners of Avalon."

"…is this just an elaborate way of you to turn me into a regular?"

"Huh? No, of course not." Eva denied.

"Actually, yes, that's a part of it." But, Dragil, who walked out the kitchen, concurred, "Though everything else she said is true. Including my Restaurant serving every kind of food... those that I know anyway."

Isaac showed a judging look over at Eva, who smiled innocently before glaring at her husband.

Dragil just shrugged his shoulder, "Forgive her; she was raised in a family of cutthroat business men… quite literally, in fact." Dragil said while rubbing the scar on his neck.

Isaac took notice, "Are you one of her victims before?"

"…" Dragil was speechless at Isaac's straightforwardness, but he liked this honest and curious boy, "You're quite the sharp-tongued guy, aren't you? Well, long story short, yes, I was a victim once. Don't ask anymore. You're wasting your breath. We're not close enough for you to make me answer."

"Fair enough, but can I ask more about the World and my situation as an Aberration?"

"Not to me, I don't have an interest in those." Dragil pointed over at his wife, "I may have brought you here, but I don't have any idea how to help you. Does this face look likes to read?"

"You're already a Restaurant Owner with said face, so why can't you?"

Laughter suddenly echoed.

"Aberration boy! You're quite ballsy to say those words to the Owner on his face! I like you!" Zac, the only human customer in the Restaurant, said.

"If you weren't an Aberration, I really would have loved to take you in with me. Such a shame." Deric, a High-Elf, nodded.

Eva was also laughing so much that she was holding her stomach. Feeling that he had done something wrong, Isaac turned to Dragil, "I would like to apologize."

BAM!

He received a mighty chop to the head and almost fell to unconsciousness. Dragil stormed out, saying, "This is strike two, kid, mind your tongue."

Isaac rubbed his head, "That hurt more than I thought."

"Well, you're lucky you're still alive. My husband may seem soft, but his attack can split a mountain in a bad day."

"Well, I better watch my words starting now, then."

"Nah, why would you do such a thing? He's acting like that, but Dragil likes honest people like you. Haven't you been listening to him?" Eva said while replacing the cigarette she dropped.

"Really? I thought that was just an expression." The Advance-Regeneration took effect as he spoke to Eva, "Okay, I'm going to stop thinking about the matter starting now. I have more important things to worry about anyway, Miss Eva–"

"Wait, before you start, just call me Eva like everyone else. I'm only a hundred years old."

"Dear, don't lie to him; you're at least a— ack, a hundred years old, yes." Dragil got a shoulder to the stomach as he came out of the kitchen carrying a plate of curry. His wife just really likes to hear that she's not growing old. He had long understood that it's best to not question why.

Isaac ignored this, remembering how he, too, got the end of a sword after asking a friend's age. He just sent his heartfelt condolences to Dragil.

Though in his case, a fight broke out.

"How about you, sir Dragil?"

"Do whatever you want." Dragil then placed a plate in front of Isaac, "Eating while reading is more interesting. Considering you stayed in Vadol Forest, then you must have only eaten those nasty Giant Rats."

"Thank you, but on the contrary Giant Rats are tasty if you cook them right."

"Really? Do you have the recipe to prove that claim? If this proves true, I'll raise your rank to a VIP who can make reservations."

"Thanks, I'll cook some for you. In the meantime, I would like to know more about the world and my situation. I would love to secure my life, thank you very much."

The talk continued, and before long, night came, and the Restaurant closed.

Isaac was offered to stay the night at the inn, and in response, he asked Dragil to join in hunting for Giant Rats to be cooked.

That night, at the back of the Restaurant where there was an outside grill Isaac, showed his skills, and after two hours of cooking, he presented the dish to Dragil.

Dragil took a single bite, and to his surprise, his eyes widened from joy, "Holy shit, the bitter taste from its weak venom is gone. The spice balances things out, and the overall quality is also great. How did you even cook it to be this tender in such a short amount of time?"

Isaac just smiled; he was glad that many were taking a liking to his childhood favorite. Giant Rat Monster meat was cheap, thus a staple in his household when he was young.

His mother had several ways to cook them, and roasting them was one of the many ways.

Dinner continued as always, and after Isaac handed the recipe to Dragil, who promised to make his mother proud, Isaac finally asked Eva the important question.

"So, is there a way for me to get rid of the Divinity?"

"As far as I know, there are two ways."

"What are they!?"

"First and most efficient way is to die."

"That's off the table."

"Intercourse, then have a child. The Divinity will be passed onto the next generation."

"Seems easy enough, but here's the problem. I also don't want that." Isaac explained with absolute calmness that it was almost frightening. He didn't like the idea of shoving his problems to his child.

He also did not like the idea of having a child.

"Then you're going to die, for a price I can deliver your will to your family." Eva gave up and then took another bite of the Giant Rat meat.

"Hey Isaac, do you not have a dip for this? It feels a little incomplete." It was Dragil who asked.

"It has, but do you guys have Star Lemon, Daxim Mole's Brain, and most importantly, ordinary soy sauce?"

"We do, Vandel; go get some from the storage," Dragil ordered.

"But it's at the very back."

"Just get it before I get angry, okay, sweety?" Eva said with a smile.

"…okay." Vandel left with a downcast expression.

With the child gone, Dragil threw a piece of paper. The paper was only two inches in size and had nothing on its surface.

"What's this?" Isaac asked.

"That, my friend, is a Destiny Maker Paper. It points to the direction of the destiny you desire."

"So, you mean to tell me that this paper will lead me to the destination I seek, to a future that can mold me… so, what's the catch?"

"What do you mean?" Dragil asked with a cheeky smile.

Isaac stood up and prepared the other Giant Rat to be cooked, "An item that leads to any direction as long I wish for it, even in this world, this is not something I think should exist in large number. If this can lead me to rid my body of the Divinity in my body, surely this item is something that's beyond my imagination. So, what do you want?"

"HAHAHAHA, I really like your attitude, kid. You pick up fast." Dragil laughed and then continued, "Don't worry about it, just think of it as you owing me a huge favor."

Isaac was silent. His eyes became serious, "I know if I don't get rid of this Divinity any time soon, my life in this world is over. And I fear that even if I return to my previous world, I will still be hunted, so I will owe you guys a huge favor by doing this. But, before I take you guys on your offer, I have one condition."

"What's that?" Dragil and Eva anticipated his words

"I already sold my soul a long time ago, so taking it as compensation is out of the table." it was a very serious matter.

Fun Fact #6

Devils are often seen as an image of evil, however, the truth of the matter is, their job is to bring upon trials into someone's life to reaffirm the goodness in a person's heart.

1