Chapter 3: I Have…2 Mothers?
5.7k 29 188
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The woman who holds me so dearly makes me feel like I'm the most important one to her. She looks at me with teary eyes while muttering something.

"I'm glad that you were born safely."

The dream...my death...and my current situation. There is too much information that I need to process now. A painful thought passes through my mind: I died and was reincarnated.

I look around the room one more time to reconfirm my theory in my mind. These people are not giants like what I imagined, but I am the one who has become smaller.

Big sister, brother- and sister-in-law, can I see you guys again?

I am swept away by the sad emotions inside my head and start crying.

"Waaaaaahhhhh..."

"My...My."

The woman lightly pats my back and sings a lullaby. I slowly calm down as I hear the soft singing voice of the woman. What comes after that is drowsiness. It doesn't take long for me to fall asleep in the woman's arms.

"Have a wonderful sleep, my dear."

I still can't understand what she is talking about, but I can vaguely guess the identity of this woman. She may be...my mother.


 

I don't know how long I have slept. But when I wake up, I am still held by my mother.

"Have you awakened?"

As I see her gently smiling face, I feel like laughing to reply to her.

"Abuuu...abuuuuu..."

"My daughter's smile is so cute. It's too bad I don't have the phone with me now to record this moment."

My mother must be tired after she gave birth to me and held me like this for so long. However, she doesn't look tired at all, and she has a big smile on her face all the time.

"I wish Haine was here to witness this."

I feel like the current me is a little too emotional. It's like the body of a newborn has pushed my mind into this state. While I am lost in my thought, I suddenly hear the room's door is opened.

"Selene!"

The woman has a wasp-waisted with an hourglass figure. Her hair is platinum-blue, and it flows over her shoulders. Through her slender eyebrows, I can feel the sharpness and intimidation. If my mother gives out a gentle vibe, this woman gives me a feeling of a soldier.

As soon as the woman enter the room, she call out to my mother with a worried voice.

"Selene, are you alright?"

"Haine, I'm fine..."

"I heard from the doctor via telephone that you had difficulty in giving birth. I rushed here as soon as I heard that news."

My mother seems to have a lively talk with this woman. Is this woman my mother's friend?

"Look, Haine!"

My mother suddenly shows me to the woman.

"It's our child."

"I..."

"Would you like to hold her?"

"I'm clumsy...I am worried that I would end up hurting her."

My mother suddenly chuckles as she has the conversation with the woman.

"I knew that you signed up for a parenting course, Haine. Didn't they teach you to hold a baby?"

"But I have no confidence..."

"Moh, just give it a try, Haine. Look, she has stared at you for a while. She must be wondering who you are?"

"I..."

"I will guide you step by step, so don't worry..."

My mother suddenly hands me to her friend.

"First, you need to put her horizontal at your chest level, slide your hand from her bottom up to support the neck."

Mother's friend clumsily positions my body and wraps her arm around my neck.

"Then, nudge her head into the crook of your elbow and use the other hand to support her bottom."

"Yes...Yes."

After a while, my mother's friend successfully holds me in her arms.

"How do you feel when you hug her?"

"I don't know how to describe...I feel happy from the bottom of my heart."

Her expression softens as she holds me. The cold and intimidating look can no longer be seen on her face.

"She is our treasure."

"I am glad that I have you...and our child."

My mother smiles brightly and looks at her friend with affectionate eyes.

"Then, how should we name her, Haine?"

"I feel those names we chose beforehand would not fit our cute child. Let speaks out the name we have in our mind."

"That's a good idea. Let me count down: 3...1...0."

My mother and her friend suddenly speak out loud a same word at the same time.

"Airi~"

"Airi!"

"We have the same thought as always."

"Uhm."

They look at each and start laughing happily. As I am moved by the mood, I also laugh along with them.

"My...My, she seems to like the name we gave her."

They both turn their attention to me at the same time.

"Airi will be your name, my dear."

My mother's friend pats my back lightly.

"We give you the name Airi, because we will raise you with full of affection and love."

I hear the word "Airi" being mentioned repeatedly while they look at me. Is that perhaps my name?

"I was in a hurry, so I didn't have time to bring some toys for her."

"She can't play anything now, Haine. She is still a baby."

"It's...too bad. Ahhhh...!"

My mother's friend suddenly takes out something that looks like a card.

"Liam, come out!"

The card in her hand shines and turns into dust. Those dust slowly take the shape of a giant lion.

What is that card? I am excited as I stare intensely at the lion.

"You are going to scare her, Haine."

My mother's friend glances at me.

"It doesn't seem so. The child looked so excited when she sighted Liam. She is really my child..."

My mother pouts and says something to her friend.

"She is also my child!"

"Right~ I will let her pat Liam a little."

The lion groans cutely as the two of us approach its side. Should this one be a cat instead of a lion?

"Do you want to pat him, Airi?"

Even though I couldn't understand what she said, I think I understand her intention. I reach out my small baby hand to touch the lion.

"Abuuuuu...Abuu!"

"She seems to like it."

"Ehehe, do you bring your phone with you? I need to record this moment."

"I forget it in the...taxi."

"It's too bad, but we still have many more opportunities from now on."

When I feel tired of playing with the fluffy lion, my mother's friend gives me back to my mother.

"Since we are safe and sound now, you can return to your work, Haine."

"How can I leave my wife here and return to work?"

My mother blushes when her friend comes closer. What is this situation?

"Wait, Haine! Airi is looking at us."

"What's wrong with that...?"

"Noo..."

Her friend suddenly kisses my mother on the lips. Ehhhh! What is this situation? I am confused as the situation unfolds in front of me.

"Moh, you are naughty, Haine."

My mother replies happily as if this is not the first time she experienced that. It seems in this world...I have two mothers.

 

Hello everyone! It's me, the author again (๑>◡<๑)

And this is the illustration of the other mother Haine!

61vHLaJ.png

It's a cold and domineering beauty, who is only weak to her wife and child ⸜(。˃ ᵕ ˂ )⸝

The next chapter will have a little time skip along with the world-building. And maybe some interaction with the character that appear in gal-game  ᕙ( •̀ ᗜ •́ )ᕗ

And don't forget to leave some hearts if you like the story.

Otherwise, I will terrorise you with this heart grenade ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ✩‧₊

188