Chapter 5: The Encounter At The Mall
4.9k 32 170
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The moment I open the door of my room, I find Mama has already been waiting for me on the other side.

"Mama...?"

She shakes her head as she sees my appearance.

"I know you would wear something like this..."

Well, I understand what Mama is talking about. I am currently wearing a white plain one-piece dress. It's not like I want to wear this dress, but my other clothes look way too extravagant and girly.

As a former man, I don't really want to wear clothes that look too feminine. But Mama will be sad if I refuse to wear them.

"Come with me..."

Mama Selene pulls me back to my room, so she can change my clothes again. This time, Mama chooses a fluffy and cute pink dress for me.

"Mama, this one is a bit embarrassing. Can I wear the previous dress?"

"It's no good, Airi. Since I will take lots of your pictures today, I want you to be as cute as possible today."

"Mama, what do you mean? Don't we only have to go to the nearby supermarket as usual?"

Mama strokes my head while smiling softly.

"I won't spoil the fun for now!"

"Umuuuuu..."

Mama holds me in her arms and lets mother Haine pick us up by car. Once I get in the car, I change my plan and try to ask mother Haine.

"Mother, where are we going today?"

"We will head to the mall to prepare for your fifth birthday, Airi."

As usual, mother Haine doesn't go round about and answer me immediately.

"Hey, Haine! I told you to keep it a secret."

Mother Haine has a troubled face as she replies.

"I'm sorry..."

Mama Selene turns to the other side to ignore her. I can't help but smile at the scene unfolding in front of me.

Mother Haine may look cold and intimidating, but she becomes clumsy when it comes to us. Mama Selene is the real boss in this house, and mother Haine can never go against her.

"Hummm!"

"Selene..."

"Who are you? I don't know someone like you!"

Mother Haine glances at me sitting in the back seat and sends the help signal using her eyes.

"Mama...It's my bad. Please don't hate mother."

"Fine...I will forgive her with one condition."

Mama looks at me as if she has found her prey.

"You have to put on the cosplay clothes I will be picking out for you today."

"Ehhh!!!"

I have tried my best to become familiar with woman's clothes since I accepted my new identity. But it's totally different things for cosplay clothes. Mama likes to make me wear them, but I try my best to avoid them from time to time.

"Otherwise...I will continue to hate Haine."

Mother Haine once again sent me a pitiful glance.

"I will do it..."

I feel like I have felt into Mama's trap.

With mother Haine's driving, we quickly arrive at the destination after one hour. The mall here is not much different from the one on Earth. What surprises me more is the appearance of many magical animals like Liam.

While Mama and I try many cosplay clothes at the store, mother Haine disappears without informing us. Mama reassures me that mother needs to buy the necessary things for my incoming birthday.

I feel like the last pride of mine as a man will be crushed by today's shopping. Mama makes me try on something like princess clothes and many more... Mama also takes many photos of me wearing the cosplay clothes. How can I forget this dark past now?

By the time we finish trying on the clothes, mother Haine has returned with a big bag in each hand. We decide to take a break and have lunch together.

As for the afternoon, I am free to explore the mall while having Mama follow right behind me. Mother Haine has urgent works, so she will pick us up later.

"Airi!"

"Yes."

Mama glances at the crowded store and tells me.

"I have to buy something from that store. Please be a good girl and wait outside in the meantime, Airi."

"No problem, mama!"

I decide to wait patiently outside until Mama comes out.

"What should I do in the meantime?"

Suddenly, a shadow crashes into me and makes me fall to the ground.

"Urgh!"

I become a little angry because of the sudden collision.

"You should pay attention to the surrounding."

"Sorry..."

When I look up to check the identity of the shadow, I find a boy of the same height as me. He has glossy dark hair with a pair of beautiful dark eyes. Before I can even react, the boy stands up and runs away.

"Hey, you!!! Damn, he runs too fast."

I also found many bruises on the boy's body when I scanned through his body. Some bruises look like he just got them recently. Is he being abused or something?

This boy reminds me of that heroine in the magical academy. If only someone lent her a hand, would she still become twisted like that at the ending?

"It's troublesome..."

I glance at the store and mutter in a small voice.

"I'm sorry, Mama. I will be a bad girl today."

I chase and catch up with the boy shortly. I don't want to brag, but I am quite strong in this life.

The boy is startled as he finds me approaching him. He panics and bends down while using his hands to protect his head.

"Please don't hit me!!!"

Everyone around immediately turns their attention to us.

"Who is going to hit you? Come with me!"

I grab the boy's hand and pull him over the corner with a few passersby. The boy takes a few steps back as soon as he meets my eyes.

"I will not hit you."

The boy timidly asks with a small voice.

"Really...?

"Really!"

As I try to find a topic so I can ask him about those bruises, I can hear his stomach growling.

"Do you want to eat something?"

"You won't hit me...right?"

"Why would I hit you because of that?"

"Because of my step-father..."

The boy blocks his mouth before he can finish the sentence.

"Please don't tell my step-father about what I just said."

I feel angry for the boy...The kid should have an enjoyable childhood instead of being abused like this.

"Don't hit me..."

The boy seems to be mistaken about my angry face.

"I have told you already. I won't hit you."

"But you look angry..."

"I am not angry at you."

With the current boy, I think I should be a little pushover. I point at him and speak loudly.

"Hey, you!"

"Yes!?"

"From now on, I will be your boss, and you will become my servant!"

He looks confused while tilting his head.

"Anyway, the boss will have the responsibility of taking care of the servant. Come with me, and I will feed you."

I take the boy to a nearby fast-food restaurant and order a burger for him.

"Is this alright for me to be here?"

He fidgety looks at the surroundings and glances at me.

"Everyone can be here, even you!"

At this moment, the waiter places a tray with a burger in front of the boy.

"This..."

This may be the first time he has been to this place. I have no choice but to help him open the wrap and give the burger to him.

"Can I eat this?"

"Just give it a bite."

The boy listens to me and starts munching the burger. His eyes spark up as he takes the first bite.

"Delicious..."

With the current pocket money I have with me, I can afford to pay for a few more burgers.

After the boy finishes the burger, he looks up at me.

"Are you satisfied? Or do you want more?"

"I'm full. Thanks..."

The boy glances at the clock inside the restaurant and becomes panicked again.

"I need to go!"

He runs away and leaves me behind again. I get up and try to follow the boy, but a hand grabs my shoulder from behind before I can move.

"Airi..."

I can hear an eerie voice calls out my name.

"..."

I slowly turn my head and look at the hand's owner.

"Mama..."

Mama becomes so scary when she is angry. And this time, she seems to be really angry.

"We will need to have a little talk once we get home, Airi."

 

 

Hi, everyone. It's me the author again ૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა

Airi still has many more chances to meet the "boy" in the future. Please wait for it \ (≧ ▽ ≦) / You guys must have guessed "his" identity by now.

In the next chapter, we will explore this world's magic. And it will be the first interaction of Airi with magic.  (*ᴗ͈ˬᴗ͈)ꕤ*.゚

And don't forget to leave some hearts if you like the story.

♡∩_∩
(„• ֊ •„)♡
┏━∪∪━━━━┓
Thanks for reading
┗━━━━━━━┛

170