Chapter 361 | Movie Premiere
200 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

a/n; read ahead on -patreon: www.patreon.com/TC_L
join the discord server for updates and more: https://discord.gg/DGPX5QzRqv

-

Three weeks later, it was the day for Star Wars to finally be released.

Knowing the movie premiere was just a few meters away, Ian looked at Raelynn, who had been his constant date ever since they both decided they were dating.

“This is going to be fine, you know that, right?” Raelynn’s voice came out as a reassurance for Ian as he continued to look at the red carpet and the photographers who were already busy taking pictures of every celebrity that passed by.

Ian’s eyes stayed glued to what he was looking at.

“I know. Raelynn, would you mind going in with Niko? He’s there,” Ian showed the sidewalk where he was parked, and there was Niko.

Niko waved at Raelynn as he saw that Ian was showing him to Rae.

“Star Wars… Will be a success,” Rae leaned in and kissed Ian on his left cheek.

“I know, I will be right there with you, give me a second,” Ian said and waited until Raelynn was out of the car.

He was seated in the back of the car, and his driver was still in the front.

His mind went to look at all the people outside the event.

They were all prepared and were looking forward to something that he had created from scratch, but something that held extreme importance for him too.

Star Wars was one of the ideas he had in mind to recreate and make a global sensation so that everyone could watch it and follow the same passion he had right when he got into this universe where there was a lot lacking in the entertainment world.

His eyes stayed glued to the people who were holding cameras.

His thoughts were clouded by his judgment.

If he walked out of the car in a second, it simply meant that the movie would finally be out to the public.

"I'm finally doing it. Taking the first step to conquer Hollywood. When Star Wars reaches the theaters, people will know how there will be no bounds or limits that the Renne Studio will leave untouched," Ian whispered to himself as he continued to stare at the numerous smiles outside his car.

Taking a solid amount of breath into his lungs, he opened the door of the car and stepped out.

Ian adjusted the shades that were on his face and started walking closer.

He could already sense people looking in his direction—not few but many.

He simply did what any other celebrity would do, pause in his steps and wave at them.

-

“… And look, everyone! It’s Ian Renner! The man of the night! The director, scriptwriter and producer of Star Wars! The man who took the Hollywood industry to the next level! Look at him—and where’s Raelynn? Wait… We’ll ask all the questions that the fans are curious about!!” The reporter who had a microphone in his hand looked at his fellow reporters and smiled, showing his golden tooth in the front.

“Ian Renner! Look this way! Smile!! You look great tonight! Where is Raelynn? Is she not here tonight?” the reporter asked, looking at Ian and around Ian.

Ian simply smiled.

“Oh no, don’t get the wrong idea. She is here—she was here, but Niko, her lifelong bestie, was there, so I let them take off and walk inside without me. But hey—there she is, my beautiful date for the night!” Ian said and extended his arm where Niko let her walk to him.

Niko shook Ian’s other hand and walked away from the eyes and the cameras of the press who continued to stare back at him.

“Hello everyone, it is so good to see everyone tonight, with extremely excited faces. How is everyone doing?” Raee asked as soon as she walked in.

Ian quickly put his hands around the woman who walked and stood beside him.

“We’re doing great!! How are you doing? We got to hear from Ms Sawyer that your input in the movie was extremely exciting. Do you mind saying a word about Star Wars: A New Hope?” the reporter, with the same golden tooth, questioned.

“Oh, well. I wouldn’t say that my input is as equally important as Ian’s. Because he was the brain and mind behind every aspect of the movie. If it wasn’t for Ian, the production wouldn’t have made it this far, and what I did was simply follow instructions. However, I can guarantee that this is going to be an extremely different take on the theaters than what many of you have already witnessed. So, yes. I’m feeling very lucky to be a part of this.”

Ian’s smile broadened as he kissed the side of Rae’s forehead.

“Ian, what do you have to say?” The reporter questioned.

“I’d simply say that I hope every one of you enjoys the movie as much as I did on every step. Hope all of you are prepared to reach another state of the universe.”

“Thank you, Ian! Everyone!! You heard the man!! He’s very sure that the movie is going to be exciting!!” the reporter said with an excited grin on his face.

“Thank you…?” Ian waited for the man to mention his name.

“Adrian.”

“Thanks, Adrian,” Ian nodded and walked off.

“So according to Ian, this is going to be extremely exciting! We’re all looking forward to it… And hey, it’s Scarlett Johnson! Another wonderful, talented actress we met through Ian’s works… And again, we all know Ian. He’s the Picasso of introducing novice actors and actresses to the industry and making something extremely good! Just like Mark Hamill!”

“Hey, Scarlett! Mind if we have a word with you?”

-

-

-

The party shortly began after all the photo OPs that went on the red carpet.

All the celebrities and invited parties sat around while some of them stood around waiting for the movie premiere to begin. And while they waited, the refreshments and the little conversations they made with each other kept them entertained.

“Alright, excuse me, ladies and gentlemen! May I please grab your attention?” A woman wearing a long, golden dress walked to the stage and requested everyone’s attention.

“Before we begin or I hit the play button, I’d like to welcome every one of you to the movie premiere of Star Wars: A New Hope!”

A huge round of applause erupted through the halls.

“So, standing here, in front of hundreds of big actors, actresses, directors, producers who have really ‘made it ’ in Hollywood, I feel extremely grateful to have this opportunity to be in front of you all, however… Before we get into the best part where you all will get to hear the take of the director, as per your request, we’ll watch the movie first, as we’re very excited to see it!!”

The announcer made way and walked out of the stage when the screen dropped.

Besides the screen, the groundwork around the venue was already set up and designed to match the theme of Star Wars.

From the perspective of the audience, it was truly a scenery to look at. The way decorations have been done from the wall to the ground—it was stunning.

Ian sat in the front row while holding Raelynn’s hand as both of them kept their eyes on the screen.

“Is it going to begin?” Rae whispered and looked around.

She turned her head behind to see almost all the people who were present seated in the seats calmly anticipating what awaited on the screen.

“Yeah, it is. How is the situation in the back?” Ian asked.

The critics presented at the movie premiere were the people who practically decided what would go on the tabloids. Therefore, seeing them impressed or even liking the movie was important in the long run.

“Everyone is interested. We wouldn’t know until the movie begins, and honestly.. Let’s just enjoy the movie. We deserve to enjoy this as much as everyone else.”

4