Chapter 7: Last thought
150 5 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7: Last thought

The Blue City, known as one of the most important cities of the continent.

To be precise, of the only continent of this world known as Terra Incognita.

The continent was surrounded by small and large islands, which were not under the authority of the government.

Zack was bored to learn such insignificant facts of politics, government and things going on, but it wasn’t as if he had a choice.

“Blue City is part of the federation and is known because the Last Defender lives here... And you don’t seem to care, young master,” the babysitter muttered, realizing his expression.

He was in the baby stroller, riding comfortably, and since the babysitter had fixed the stroller, he could see the passersby where they were both moving.

The buildings were tall and the glass windows hid the interior of the building, subtly reflecting the other buildings.

Generating a unique and futuristic feeling to this area.

Also, the streets, traffic lights and businesses looked new.

Zack, who had gotten bored listening to the nanny talk, turned his head, trying to prevent his head from falling to the side and...

“So you noticed, young master,” the babysitter said, and stepping to the front, he pointed to the street and revealed. “This is the part that was destroyed when your mother and you had the fight. It was all repaired.”

The Astral Realm was not affected by time or space, so he sometimes had some difficulty in pinpointing dates on the calendar of this mortal world.

However, he knew that it had not been that long since that bloody battle, since he counted the days.

“Actually, within a month after the battle, everything was rebuilt. The Blue City is prosperous, more so than you would imagine. Underground are several security bunkers that can withstand super attacks,” the babysitter said before moving the stroller again.

The babysitter again went back to talking and narrating nonsensical knowledge.

Zack couldn’t tell him to keep quiet.

How could he tell him? Putting aside that this man worked hard being by his side most of the day and possibly being paid a pittance by the jailers, he was a lonely man.

The babysitter couldn’t even chat with his bosses, since the little time the jailers were home was spent torturing him.

So he let him talk as much as he wanted and ignored him while he checked out the city.

He saw from time to time some cars floating down the street and other times some flying between buildings, but mostly what stood out were the renowned ‘supers’.

People with all kinds of abilities and unique skills.

The most visible were those that had animal forms and if they didn’t mention to him that most of them were humans with abilities, then he would have thought they were of another race.

It wasn’t as if he hadn’t seen a race of humanoid whales, it just stood out more here when that humanoid whale was holding hands with a pink woman and the child they both had was a small pink whale.

He had nothing against whales and, as a transcendental, was open-minded, except for the metal beings and here, to his chagrin, walked some.

Some of the inferior beings had robotic prosthetics that allowed them to have a normal life and while such inferior beings were forgivable, it was not when more and more part of flesh were metal.

“The Blue City welcomes most foreigners and within the federation, it is one of the most visited cities,” the babysitter said, and realizing that he was bored by tourism, muttered. “And in the underworld, there is a lot of illegal business.”

The babysitter stopped and moved closer, accommodating his head, so it wouldn't tilt, and then continued.

“They have black market auction houses and some of them are reputable and prestigious. Having what you desire,” the babysitter reported.

I want to go.

“Wwan... gwo...”

His voice came out and while mostly it made little sense, the babysitter could understand it.

He had to admit that the medicine that the male jailer who related to the metal beings was working.

Four hundred and forty days had passed and now he could say that he could bear the weight of his head with his own body.

A proof of how incredible it was and how pathetic this mortal prison was.

However, he admitted that the male jailer perfected the prison, preventing him from being crushed to death by his own head.

His body was growing, and no longer looked as malnourished as before, and it was enough for him to take a few steps before his head tossed him aside.

Still...

I want to go.

“Wawwnt... Gwo.”

It wasn’t enough.

His mind was too overwhelming and was preventing him from speaking comfortably, just as it was hindering physical development.

He needed more and better medicine, but not to perfect the body that was his prison, but to evade it and perfect the mental connection.

Or else he would continue to babble on without ever speaking properly.

“Don’t worry, young master. I’m looking for the auction house that sells what you want,” the babysitter said, giving a smile as he fixed the tie of his childish suit. Then, as he stood up, he halted.

In his eyes passed that hint of darkness he was hiding and....

—We are being spied on. —Zack reported calmly.

He reestablished a telepathic connection with the babysitter, who smiled again as if nothing was happening.

Someone was spying on them, although they were not good enough to hide their presence.

The babysitter could sense it, but he couldn’t notice the other glances that only someone related to mental powers could fully perceive.

—Follow him and find out what he wants. You can handle it your way when you figure it all out. —Zack said, surprising the babysitter and seeing him raise his eyebrows, he questioned. —What? Are you afraid something will happen to me?

The questioning came out in a slightly annoyed tone.

The babysitter watched him with that seriousness that characterized him, and this time he didn’t hesitate too much and nodded.

“I will fulfill your request,” the babysitter replied and, observing him silently, murmured. “Just don’t overdo it.”

He knew something else was going on and that someone else outside of that spy was watching them.

The babysitter’s ability and experience was no joke, but that man trusted him and disappeared, leaving him alone.

The mental presence grew stronger and then a car that was protected with mental barriers to reduce the presence moved and parked on the street.

“Take him away!”

Fully furry men and women, who were closer to looking like monkeys than humans, got out of the car.

One monkey-man carefully took him from the stroller and another carefully folded the stroller before putting it in the trunk of the car.

Then, when the ape-man holding him got into the car, the car started immediately.

They were kidnapping a transcendental!

It was a child’s game, and he had only ever met a child who would do this kind of action.

Seeing that the man who looked like some kind of monkey with too much hair was treating him carefully, as if he was afraid of hurting him, Zack set out to see what awaited him.

He filtered into the mind of that monkey-man, not with brute force, but with delicacy and subtlety, reading the memories and understanding not only the mission they had, but the mental order that was secretly given to them.

An order that commanded them to treat him with care and utmost attention.

“Let’s go. The boss is waiting,” the monkey-woman who was driving said.

Surrounding him were the so-called ‘supers’, only unlike the ones he saw on the street, these seemed to have a certain level of physical strength.

Aside from physical strength, what was it that made them so special?

If it wasn’t for the pile of hair covering them and some not so handsome features, there would be no difference from normal humans.

“Wh... rwob... Whank.”

We should rob a bank... Such words came out incomprehensible, but the intention was what counted.

Specifically, the mental intent that seeped into the minds of those humanoid monkeys, who paused, looking at each other as if a new idea appeared in their minds.

This idea was stronger and used the sense of loyalty of their bosses to guide them to obey it.

Not realizing that the reason was him, who simply wished to know what was so special about these monkeys.

—If the boss finds out... He’ll be happy.

—We can take some of the money for ourselves.

—We’ll beat the security.

Their thoughts were easy to understand and the three of them didn’t have to speak to coordinate, all having a new target.

The ease with which he manipulated them showed that the mental defenses of these monkeys were pathetic.

Were they primitive humans who failed to evolve? Zack had that doubt when he saw the monkey-woman smiling as she stepped on the accelerator.

Turning down a street, they passed traffic lights and then came to a bank that Zack had visited earlier when the babysitter gave him his savings.

The one in the passenger seat got out alone and moved to the entrance of the bank, not questioning what he was doing.

Not even the sense of danger stopped the thought that robbing a bank was a good idea and, just as Zack expected of primitive beings, the monkey kicked the entrance of the bank, breaking it.

It had some physical strength, but that was all. It didn’t even have the style for a robbery.

“This is a robbery!” shouted the monkey-man with all the confidence in the world.

The humanoid monkey holding him lifted him up and Zack watched as the guards looked at each other and intercepted the primitive monkey-man from both sides.

Practically pinning the monkey down.

He had seen some supers with uncommon abilities and at this point, it was clear that the monkeys were not too strong, not too smart, and also mediocre bank robbers.

“Gwo,”

The command he gave was incomprehensible, but through the mental connection, the driver could understand him and stepped on the accelerator.

It was too easy for him to manipulate the minds of these monkeys and although they had some physical strength, they did not excel in anything else.

Monkeys that could not evolve... Such was the conclusion he came to.

The police cars set off alarms as they followed them.

“Wehehe.”

Zack couldn’t hide his laughter at what was happening, somewhat amused by the chase.

The police cars increased in numbers more and more, showing that the city’s security reacted quickly.

The babysitter seemed not to lie about this city having high security.

He had heard the babysitter talk so much about security and how important the city was that he took the perfect opportunity to test the security while analyzing the humanoid monkeys that kidnapped him.

“The city’s Sun is here!” the driver shouted in panic.

Behind them, who were traveling at full speed down the street, a flaming figure appeared shining as brightly as a small sun and that flaming figure was approaching them.

One of those superheroes? He could tell this one was strong, at least those flames and the intensity with which he was releasing could damage his body, and it was dangerous.

Sending a mental command to the driver and then looking at the monkey that was holding him, he occupied the mind of that humanoid primate.

“Stop for a second,” Zack said from the monkey’s body.

He didn’t enjoy having so much hair. It was bad enough having to constantly piss and defecate and a bunch of hair was an unnecessary extra hassle.

The inferior beings had too many flaws.

The driver obeyed and at a street corner stopped the car for a moment, allowing him to take his body and get out of the car.

He was using the humanoid monkey’s meager mental power to hide and move with telekinesis, and it worked perfectly.

The car continued immediately and in a few seconds later, several of police cars and the humanoid Sun appeared to follow the driver.

“I don’t think she can escape,” He muttered, letting out an amused chuckle.

He had to admit that the babysitter wasn’t bragging in vain about the city, and what he said about security made sense.

Turning back to his body, he ordered the monkey under his control to move, heading to where the rendezvous point was.

It was in the part where the city had the lowest buildings and where there were the most people in the area.

Compared to the center of the city, whose buildings towered above the clouds, in this part of the city, the buildings were four to five stories high.

People were smoking on balconies, others were eating at food stalls and vendors were in an alley.

Zack, who was watching, read the monkey’s mind and knew they were approaching the meeting point and let the monkey-man move.

“...”

The bustle of the city and the shouts of vendors offering their wares reached his ears as the monkey walked down an alley.

Just as he was about to turn a corner, he saw a cybernetic implant store with a holographic figure of a robot and, like any normal transcendental, he disliked the sight.

Should he order the monkey to destroy it all? Such an idea spurred him to move, but it was too late.

“Move it. The boss is waiting for you.”

The order came from another monkey who was occupying a walled playing field between the buildings.

The playground had about a three-meter wall blocking the view of the nearby alley and when they entered, Zack saw the mastermind behind it all.

The boy was wearing a blue-colored suit that, to Zack, didn’t match the man.

Boys these days didn’t have style.

“Is this the culprit?” A primate questioned the boy, who wore a serious expression.

As a transcendental, he recognized the thirty centimeter primate that was on the neck of a larger humanoid monkey.

A red titi monkey it revealed its teeth as it growled at the boy.

“Do you think you can fool the Big Monkey?” The tiny primate questioned, and revealing his fangs, he pointed. “You caused the biggest loss our gambling house has ever had. You damaged our reputation and failed to protect our customers. And when the Big Monkey gave you the opportunity, you asked us to kidnap a baby?”

The grumpy, tiny primate was angry and gave the impression of a subordinate angry at his boss’s losses.

The other humanoid monkeys revealed their fanged teeth incited by the tiny grumpy one’s anger.

The boy gave the impression that he was accepting the scolding and anger of his superiors, but in reality, he was using his mental strength to control the humanoid monkeys around him, ready to act.

“He is not a baby... He is a Higher Being... A Master of the mind.” The boy said without hesitation.

Finally, someone who understood the superiority of a transcendental and recognized it!

This insignificant world was filled with all sorts of nightmares, including those metal abominations.

However, all was not lost, and there was light in the darkness and the young had potential.

The Donovan boy could grasp the magnitude of what this prison of flesh held.

Of course, primates who had never evolved could not recognize the truth that was before their eyes.

“Do you think that child is a Higher Being? Do you think we’re stupid?” the tiny grumpy monkey shouted and jumping at the human-monkey holding him, growled. “He’s a damn baby who can barely get his head!”

Why didn’t anyone understand that the head was proof of his greatness? Everyone looked at it as something negative, when it wasn’t that way, and this time he got angry.

Connecting to the mind of that little creature, he realized that the primate was not an unevolved human or a super; it was simply an animal.

One that, after being subjected to several experiments, got intelligence, and the Big Monkey received it.

The story of Timmy, the grumpy tiny primate, was epic, full of overcoming, personal growth and...

“...”

The boy using basic telekinesis blew the poor creature’s head off with one of the best personal stories Zack had ever known and blood splattered everywhere, including him.

It soiled his magnificent suit!

Blood splattered part of his face as well, but the suit got several red stains and while the humanoid monkey moved his hand to cover it, a few drops landed on him.

“Agh...”

“Ugh...”

“Porf... Uhh...”

The other humanoid monkeys that were surrounding this open area started to slit each other’s throats or killed each other and the boy who caused it all, when he finished, walked over and knelt down.

“I recognize your greatness. Please take me as your disciple... No... It would be enough if you guided me on the path of the mind,” the boy said, kneeling in front of him.

The boy lowered his head in submission without daring to look him in the eyes and let his mind free for him to see the memories.

A physical and mental submission.

Zack filtered into the boy’s mind and read the memories.

After the boy failed at the gambling house, the owner wanted an explanation and the boy, instead of telling everything that happened, mentioned that he could take care of the robbers and only needed strong people to solve everything.

The team of humanoid monkeys that was sent to kidnap him and the tiny grumpy monkey with the other humanoid monkeys were the forces to take revenge on the robbers and, more important than anything else, recover the lost money.

It was also a team that was going to monitor the boy to find out if everything was true.

And now that the boy killed the team, it meant that he had just cut off all relationships with the former boss and became an enemy of them.

All in an effort to show that he had no ties when he asked him to teach him.

“There are many kinds of children. Some are foolish, ignorant, blind and some are smart, arrogant and proud who think they can achieve everything on their own. However, there are few children who want to learn,” Zack said, taking the monkey’s body and observing the boy raising his head, he determined. “You passed the test and, as a transcendental, I will guide you on the path of the mind.”

He was the first child with the potential that he had encountered in this world.

That day of when he and the babysitter went gambling to win money, he ended up occupying the boy’s body and the boy Donovan gave up.

From that moment on, he knew he was an insightful child.

So Zack left him with a test... Would the boy protect his identity or would he reveal the identity to save his own skin and gain personal rewards?

Now the answer the boy gave was that he could antagonize anyone to seek his guidance, putting personal gain and danger out of his mind.

He had passed the test and deserved to be guided.

“It will all depend on...”

Stopping suddenly, the two heard a thunderous sound in the sky, approaching and Zack immediately returned to his body, recognizing the sound.

The boy stood up and then a figure fell from the sky without breaking the ground landing as electricity surrounded it.

She had taken off those fake glasses that hid her appearance and brightly revealed gray-colored hair and flashing golden eyes.

She was wearing some kind of tight-fitting costume that denoted the huge bags of meat and drugs, which the female jailer forced him to drink.

The barbaric woman had arrived and, realizing he escaped, she was furious and even more so at the sight of dead people.

—Babysitter! Babysitter! Show yourself!

Did his screams sound somewhat fearful? Of course not, it was simply a glitch in the mental connection that generated that feeling.

Even though it was a mental message given randomly, just as expected from the babysitter, he suddenly appeared near the humanoid monkey holding him and took him in his arms.

“What happened?” the barbarian asked.

A soft voice, revealing nothing, but under her feet electricity spread across the floor, disintegrating the corpses and fizzling the blood without generating smell or sound.

Do you think you can show off that much?!

“Wah... Waah!”

Even though he pointed his hand at her, revealing that he wasn’t afraid, his words didn’t come out... Moreover, they came out completely incomprehensible.

He had been practicing speaking and right now his brain was so tense that he couldn’t even get a word right.

“You look energetic. I guess you’re one of us,” the woman murmured, gently taking him from the babysitter’s arms.

That woman caught him in her arms, not letting go, even though he was forcing himself to escape, not wanting to be glued to the drug factories, but his resistance was futile.

The jailer was a barbarian whose strength he could not overcome.

“I apologize... I got distracted when I followed someone spying on us,” the babysitter said, bowing, and when the barbarian glanced at the boy, he added. “He is an acquaintance... He helped me and eliminated the kidnappers.”

The barbaric woman held him in her arms, stroking his head and even though he felt disgusted to be near those giant meat bags, he had to control himself.

He knew there was a dangerous atmosphere.

“Good. I trust you, Jon. I’ve left my son in your care because of that,” the barbarian said, and looking at the boy, she ordered. “So you’ll take care of everything.”

“Of course, Lidia,” the babysitter replied in a simple tone.

The woman ignored the boy, who was trembling with fear and lowered his head, watching as he drooled as the hunger affected him.

“Do you want to drink milk?” The barbaric woman asked, pressing him with a devilish grin.

Even with the strength of a transcendental, mind and body were disconnected and hands moved as he drooled.

An animalistic and bestial hunger consumed him and no matter how much he screamed and resisted, he could not control himself because of the addition of the drug.

Let go of me! Let go of me! Get your drugs away from me! You will not turn me into a beast! I am a transcendental! The strongest transcendental of all!

“Wawawa... Wehehe.”

His curses and complaints turned into incomprehensible babbling and maniacal laughter as he completely lost control.

And the jailer... No, the torturer who watched him turn into a beast, smiled at him, enjoying watching him fall into madness as she fed him with that liquid.

The last thought Zack had before he became a beast was that he needed to buy the medicine.

5