Chapter 12: Accidents
91 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 12: Accidents

In the kitchen, Jonathan prepared several lunch boxes with different purées for the young master.

The young master did not like to drink breast milk and called it a drug... A strange thing, since when Mrs. Lidia fed him, the young master clung to his mother desperately.

In the end, Jonathan had to accept it.

When the young master would get cranky and grumpy, he would start threatening to tilt his head suddenly to one side and Jonathan feared the young master would hurt himself.

His head was already too big. If he started playing that way, he would eventually hurt his neck.

So he would end up giving in to those threats.

“What are you preparing?”

As he was about to go to the fridge, a voice came from behind him and Jonathan froze for a moment, before suddenly turning around noticing Austin.

Mr. Austin, when he wasn’t around his son was serious and it was always hard for Jonathan to tell what the man was thinking.

“I was making purees for the young master. I also try to increase his tastes by making different dishes,” Jonathan replied calmly.

Austin’s blue eyes immediately sparkled, and he walked over to the kitchen with a smile.

“The lab has been genetically engineering some fruits and vegetables. Highly nutritious and easily digestible for babies,” Austin said, pulling out several fruits from a space bracelet.

Jonathan looked at the different colored and shaped fruits that Austin left in the kitchen and then kept in other space storage similar to the bracelet.

Austin casually pulled out the fruits as if he just had it stored there, however, the quantity exposed that he had it ready.

Was it Austin who genetically engineered those strange fruits? The lab where the young master’s father worked was one of the most technologically advanced, and modifying plants or designing new ones was not surprising.

Although if it was specifically for the young master, then it made sense that the man would work on something like this.

Jonathan hid the smile and received it as if he didn’t see the strangeness as he went about his work and noticed Austin joining in using those fruits, describing to him how he should cut them.

They both filled several lunch boxes with the different fruits and also made several juices for when the young master wanted to try something new.

Jonathan continued with the work.

Mrs. Lidia was not there, and it was Mr. Austin who, in his free time, came to visit, but as always, the young master was too distant with his father.

And unlike Lidia, who overcame the young master’s rejection and coldness by force, Mr. Austin was kinder and respected the young master’s limits... At least some of them.

For such a reason, sometimes he would not come to lunch with the young master.

“Zack hasn’t been drinking the breast milk my wife leaves him, has he?”

Jonathan, who was attentively categorizing the lunch boxes, heard Austin’s voice and stopped.

The man’s back was turned, appearing to be washing what they soiled, but the question surprised Jonathan.

He knew the young master’s father was more perceptive and also more careful with his son... And more so since the accelerated growth of the young master’s head worried him.

Did he notice from the results of the studies that the young master was not feeding on Lydia’s breast milk?

Austin would run studies on the young master, practically checking on his son’s health at all times, and it was not uncommon for him to notice what was going on.

Jonathan, observing the highly nutritious fruits and vegetables Austin brought, understanding that it was planned.

“Yes. He doesn’t like to drink breast milk. He can’t say no to his mother, though,” Jonathan replied directly.

He refrained from saying anything more about the young master’s upbringing and also avoided revealing that the young master spoke to him telepathically.

Jonathan could tell them how their son saw them, but that would be betraying the young master and he wouldn’t do it... Not when the young master treated him so well, at least in his own eccentric way.

Just as he wouldn’t interfere with the upbringing both parents were giving the young master, he didn’t want to interfere with the familial relationship they had, either.

“That’s all right. The best thing would be for him to drink breast milk. I can’t force him though... And I don’t dare stop my wife either,” Austin muttered and holding up the fruit and pointed. “That’s why I wanted to help him in another way.”

Jonathan agreed wholeheartedly with the man.

Every time Lidia came home and wanted to feed her son, Jonathan would leave, knowing that if the young master saw him, the young master would threaten him to release him.

However, Jonathan was not so demented as to stand up to a mother feeding her son and even less so when that mother was Mrs. Lidia.

He still remembered the day when the young master was defeated and the trouble that was his body, the one that took the beating and the blows hurt for several days.

“Feed him these fruits. It will keep his body nourished and help his physique develop, replenishing the lack of vitamins from the breast milk,” Austin said, putting down the fruits, then wiping his hands, he walked away from the kitchen and before leaving he paused. “And I won’t mention the walks you have with my son, either. I at his age couldn’t stay at home, so I understand. Also, as a father, I’m grateful that my son has you by his side.”

Jonathan couldn’t see the man’s face, as Austin turned his back on him, but he could feel the strength behind the voice.

The confidence Mr. Austin was giving him for Jonathan was overwhelming.

His benefactors of all the people they knew that, and they could ask for help came to him to ask him to take care of their son and now they were both still trusting him with the job without question.

Neither for strangeness nor, even if he was controlled... That trust led to a moved and grateful Jonathan lowering his head.

“I will lay down my life for him,” Jonathan replied instinctively.

“It’s no big deal. It’s simply enough that you both get home safely. My wife will kill me if one of you doesn’t come back or comes back hurt,” Austin said before retreating.

That man didn’t look at him directly, not wanting to show his expression.

For a man who was usually not very talkative, it was obvious that he did not want to reveal his expressions, and more so in front of him.

However, the confidence in the voice was unquestionable and Jonathan raised his head again, this time with more strength in his eyes.

He could feel Austin had just left the area, and he had to let out a deep sigh, letting out mixed emotions.

—The jailer left already?

A mental voice arose in his mind, and then the young master floated as he descended the staircase to the second floor.

The young master’s body was developing and while the head growth stopped, the size was still impressive.

The cheeks were becoming somewhat chubby, and he had more and more gray hair, similar to his parents.

Jonathan gave a smile as he met the young master’s purple eyes.

“Yes, young master. Let me clean up a bit before leave,” Jonathan replied, smiling as he watched the young master float away.

The young master was using some sort of psychic telekinesis and the control was splendid, nothing unusual for the young master who was so overwhelmingly skilled.

Doubts sometimes crept into his mind because of the accelerated and out-of-this-world development the young master had, but he accepted it when he saw the young master fearing Mrs. Lidia.

Although the young master would surely deny the idea.

—Hurry up. Today the boy will introduce us to the people he looked for. —The young master said.

Behind that arrogant voice was hidden some emotion and Jonathan obeyed, speeding up his movements.

His young master was too difficult to understand and the line of thinking was strange, but he would support him.

After all, Mr. Austin and Mrs. Lidia asked him to protect and care for their son, so he would.

It didn’t matter what the young master got himself into.

******

Five hundred and twenty days had passed since he was imprisoned.

It was quite a long time and, Zack had to admit, lately the days were passing quickly.

That the barbaric female and male jailer wasn’t home helped him pass the time meditating, but what made his days more bearable were the work days.

He liked it when the numbers increased after finishing a job, as it made him feel closer and closer to his goal.

The good thing was that he had helpful people by his side.

“What do you think, master?” The boy asked with an expectant look.

Right now, they were in the private box in the auction building and were performing another protection job for the old merchant.

Zack was hovering in the air as he watched not the auction, but the new guards the boy had recruited.

The expectant and nervous look on the boy’s face as he awaited his decision pleased him.

The child expressed that desire to fulfill his wishes and expectations as worthy of a filial apprentice.

It was not as if he ever had an apprentice and while he taught talented children, there was never one who was his apprentice in the sense that inferior minds used.

As someone who taught many children, it was this dutiful type of child that pleased him the most.

“They are not what I would like them to be,” He replied and observing the boy who was disappointed, he added. “Not bad, though. There are no children, but I suppose they can improve."

The boy brought inferior beings to work for him.

Zack could see some grown men or women with excellent physiques that intimidated other inferior beings, while others had one or two unique skills.

None of them stood out, nor did they come close to the ability that the boy could wield, let alone the babysitter.

Still, it was enough so that he didn’t have to work so hard.

“I know and I apologize, master. It’s hard to get skilled minions in this business,” the boy replied, lowering his head in apology.

This kind of business was he referring to guarding auction houses? Zack, remembering the primates the first time he met the old merchant, had to admit that the boy was right.

At least the people the boy found were trying their best patrolling and watching, paying attention to everything.

A bit useless, since if he occupied the babysitter’s body, he could keep an eye on the entire building, but it helped, and more so when he sometimes lost his energy keeping watch.

As long as they were not as useless as primates, it was enough for him.

As a kind and compassionate transcendental, he could not set the bar too high for these inferior beings and had to learn to get used to the mediocre ones.

While it was not a good mentality to get used to the mediocre, he had little choice at this point.

—You say these minions can do the job on their own? —Zack asked, somewhat interested.

He liked the idea of the numbers in the babysitter’s bank account increasing without having to move and even more so since the babysitter projected the bank account for him and he could see directly how the numbers increased.

Zack could understand the reason why the inferior beings were so materialistic and gave so much importance to those insignificant numbers.

“No. They can work under the supervision of others and follow orders, but they are not the best at making decisions. That’s why they are minions,” the boy replied and, shaking his head in disappointment, he revealed. “Unfortunately, we don’t have people capable of leading. I know useful people, but they are under Big Monkey and recruiting them is complex.”

The boy called that group of people as minions an appellation that Zack liked.

Although he didn’t like that, people preferred to work for a primate and not a transcendental like him, but in the end he let it be.

After all, these inferior beings were related to primates like the Big Monkey.

Was it some kind of closeness by kinship?

“Young master, Mr. Hugo, has asked to meet with you,” the babysitter reported after entering and seeing that he had his attention, he murmured. “He says he has some good news.”

Good news?

At none of the auction had the old merchant sold what he was looking for and the only reason he stayed in this job other than the payment was that the old man gave a promise that he would try to get what he was looking for.

Possessing the boy’s body and using the baby carrier to put his main body in, he adjusted the purple trench coat and left the room.

Heading to the main office at the back, he noticed the old merchant waiting for him.

The old merchant, realizing that he was curious and expectant, smiled as he gave him a signal to enter.

“We will give an auction soon. In it will be several interesting and high-value items. Among them are several genetic enhancements, including a psychic enhancement that you might be interested in,” the old merchant said immediately.

Understanding that he was interested, the old merchant revealed everything directly.

—A psychic genetic enhancement allows people to become like me. Lately, they have been more prevalent in the market, although they are just as rare. —The boy reported immediately.

So it was a medicine that allowed inferior beings to become children? Zack was interested in those medicines.

Could those medicines help him in his goal of freeing himself from this prison? It was somewhat difficult, as the jailers didn’t seem to leave any gaps for escape.

Still, it was a start, and he was interested.

“Unfortunately, the sellers have not wanted to sell directly and will only auction it. This will be a very important auction where we will be auctioning high quality items again after the last accident,” the old merchant said, and revealing some seriousness, he added. “Be prepared for accidents.”

Accidents.

Would anyone dare try to attack a site he was protecting? If so, Zack was expecting them.

No one was going to steal his key to escape this prison, and he would not let anyone take away his chance to be free.


Hi, if you like the story don't forget to favorite the chapters and if you can rate the story or leave a review. I would be very grateful.

2