Chapter 22: First mission
56 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 22: First mission

As Monique drove down the street, she glanced at the surrounding buildings.

She was on the outskirts of the Blue City, in an area of buildings where most of the prostitution businesses were located.

Along the street were scantily clad women and men with their bodies on display, some unabashedly revealing their torsoes.

Muscular, thin men with tattoos or scars and thin women, chubby, skinny, with big breasts or small... Here there were practically thousands of sex workers.

The lights were bright and neon signs welcomed bars, hotels, and brothels.

She who drove stopped at a traffic light, and a man with a naked torso approached the car.

“Do you want to have a good time? I don’t mind you inviting your friends,” the man said in a soft, light voice as he tapped on the window.

Monique watched the bold man and then drove slowly, looking in the rearview mirror at her companions.

On the left side of the back seat was Zaid, a quiet and calm man.

He was about one meter ninety and had light brown hair, while his eyes were small and thin, giving the impression that, when he squinted, he closed them.

That man received the reward from the master, since Donovan had asked him to help Celes’ mother and had finished the mission perfectly.

Next to that man in a corner was a woman with curly blonde hair sitting patiently.

She was wearing a tight gym outfit that made her huge breasts stand out, and when she noticed Monique watching, the woman gave her a smile.

“Is something wrong, Monique?” Sanya asked with a friendly smile.

If Monique had not heard the woman’s nasty rumors, that kind smile would have fooled her.

“Are you ready? Donovan wants us to deliver a challenge message for the Great Monkey and we need to accomplish our first mission perfectly,” Monique said earnestly.

She was nervous inside, and although this was not the first mission she would do in her life, it was the first mission as a real super.

Her master... The entity that was in the body of a baby wanted to challenge the Great Monkey and they needed to send the challenge.

There was no better show of challenge than attacking an area that the Great Monkey controlled to show that the underworld boss of the city had lost control.

“I’ll do my best,” Sanya replied, giving a soft smile.

Zaid, next to her, nodded without speaking.

Seeing the two, Monique took a deep breath and drove towards the main building.

The street at this time of night was crowded with people coming to visit the brothels, all while the Great Monkey’s people maintained security for these businesses.

The authorities also traveled through this area, but it was not as frequent as one would expect, as there was a certain status quo between the superheroes and the supervillains.

Monique drove to the main building and after parking, she got out of the car and looked at the building she was going to.

It was a high-class brothel where only important people entered, and here were several of the best ‘products’ in the area.

Business men and women came through the area to solicit services, and Monique watched her companions.

“Go. Kill the Great Monkey’s people. Do not harm clients or employees,” Monique ordered in a serious voice.

The clients were important, because later they would control everything and the employees did not need to be involved in this conflict.

Also, some women and men who sold their services had contact with important people and their deaths could cause problems.

So Donovan had ordered them to move around, avoiding affecting any of them.

However, according to the orders, they could kill all the primates they could find.

“Of course,” Sanya replied, giving a smile, and then walked into the crowd and lost herself in their midst.

Zaid, although a taller man, also got lost in the crowd and Monique, after waiting a few minutes, headed for the entrance.

Like other buildings like this one on the street, there were signs with neon lights, while on the first and second floors, there were glass walls where men and women were dancing.

From the outside, one could only see silhouettes, but she could tell how people were staring.

Monique was in the worst moment of her life when she became a minion that not many wanted to hire and the truth was that she came close to selling her body, although at the time she was rejected and she ended up becoming a minion.

And now she was a super... Monique approached the double entrance where the guards who were monkey-men were standing.

They were the Great Monkey’s force and those hairy men had greater than average strength, but they couldn’t be considered super.

At least not truly super.

“Invitation,” ordered one of those primates.

The look he gave her was full of contempt and he looked at her outfit as if he was looking down on her.

Monique watched him and...

“...”

Her eyes flashed and the third eye appeared, releasing a blue-colored laser beam that cut the monkey-man in half, and then she cut the other one next to it.

“Is that enough?” Monique asked, giving a smile.

The smell of burning flesh reached her nostrils as the people around screamed seeing that she had killed two people.

Monique ignored those people and entered the building listening to the music that was blaring. Then she noticed that the people at the front desk were scared.

The laser beam from her eyes had cut part of the door... Proof that she lacked control and needed to keep training.

“This is...”

Monique cut back to another security guard who was about to speak and then cut to another man who was about to pull out a shotgun to fire.

The attending secretary, who normally demanded that clients give up their guns, hit the alarm button silently.

That was the signal from Monique, who took a deep breath to prepare herself for what was to come.

She had drunk a magic-type genetic enhancement and could use the magical energy to power her third eye laser beam.

However, her body also received an increase in strength, agility, reflexes and practically her entire body was enhanced.

And now she ran with all her might to the entrance, knocking it down and entering.

“Kill the bitch!”

People screamed and ran in fear, while others threw themselves to the ground and among them were the monkey-men who were surprised to be attacked.

Monique pulled out the pistol she concealed in her belt and shot the one who called her a bitch in the forehead and then, with the laser beam from her third eye, she cut off the head of another group of monkey-men.

Her speed and reflexes were impressive and her third eye could move independently of the others, allowing her to have a wider field of vision.

She killed in one attack five of the security members who were in the bar and only the barkeep and a woman who hid behind the wall in the bathroom were left.

In the midst of them all was a bar and people lying on the floor, crying or screaming in fear at the deaths.

“Bitch!”

The bartender pulled out an assault rifle and started shooting at her, but Monique had already hidden behind a table as she lowered her head.

People trying to flee threw themselves to the floor as they screamed and she reloaded her pistol as her heart throbbed.

One bullet from the bartender’s rifle bent close to the aisle and from the ricochet hit Monique’s arm, who was startled.

“...”

Her heart gave a beat of surprise and then suddenly relaxed as she saw that the bullet had practically subtly sliced through her body instead of piercing flesh.

She was a super... A Super who didn’t need to be afraid of normal weapons and while she was a Super of the magical type, her whole body had been strengthened.

She was only reacting to the way she used to hide behind furniture or walls to shoot.... Her instincts from before were still treating her as someone weak.

“I’m a super...” Monique muttered and stood up again.

This time without fear and as she took the shots, she launched her laser beam, cutting the bartender and then cut through the wall and as it went through, it also cut the woman.

She had not used her full power, but the bartender’s body slid in two as organs and blood erupted from within.

She had also gone through the wall with impressive ease and Monique, looking at her chest, noticed that her shirt had holes in it from the bullet, but she was healthy.

A slight stinging and minuscule pain, but that was all.

Monique moved this time with more confidence and as she approached the elevator, she touched the button to go up and, to her surprise, the surveillance did not stop the elevator.

Then, as she reached the main office floor, she could perceive the people waiting for her on the other side thanks to her improved senses and she activated her third eye with increased power and shook her head.

“...”

A quick and light slash cut through the metal door, the wall and the people on the other side, and then, as Monique crossed the destroyed entrance, she saw the severed bodies sliding.

Her cut this time was with a higher power and ended up killing a couple of waiters who were in the area and Monique froze for a second.

The waiter who wasn’t involved in the conflict... It could have been her.

No, these monkey-men standing guard in this building could have been her.... After all, they were similar minions as she was a few days ago.

Monique didn’t feel sorry.

She had been in this job for a long time and this was not the first time she had murdered innocents.

“I must perfect my control,” she muttered as she walked through the corpses.

She ignored the women and clients who were hiding or trying to flee as she made her way towards the main office.

While it wasn’t the first time she had murdered an innocent person, it didn’t mean she didn’t have to control herself.

It was one matter to kill a minion who agreed to work as a guard knowing the risk and another to kill a waiter or a prostitute who was not involved with the conflict.

Donovan ordered them to be careful, but that order probably came from Jonathan, who seemed like someone who didn’t like to get too dirty.

What would the real boss say? Perhaps he would treat them all as inferior beings and not care about the life or death of innocents.

Monique didn’t know him well enough, and until she found out what kind of personality the big head boss had, she had to control herself.

It was a minion’s job to know what the boss liked or disliked and act accordingly.

Heading to the main office in the back, Monique sensed a presence and entered the quiet area.

The office inside was destroyed and both the table and chairs were broken, while in the middle of the mess was Zaid with bloody hands and, from his fingernails, blood was dripping to the floor.

The office was destroyed, but there were no bodies and in the wall was a hole where Zaid had entered through

“Did you take care of the area chief?” Monique asked.

They needed the area chief to make an example and proclaim a challenge to the Great Monkey.

Zaid shook his head and gave her several quick signals, trying to communicate.

“You took care of what they were outside?” Monique asked, deciphering what the man’s signals meant.

She didn’t understand why the man didn’t speak, but seeing him nod, she turned to survey the surroundings.

This was the first mission she was leading and where she had complete freedom... It was a test and if she was honest; they didn’t come well prepared.

They lacked organization and division of functions.

Practically, she didn’t know what the others were going to do.

Hesitating whether to go out to look for the boss, she heard noise from upstairs and the ceiling broke, then Sanya threw a corpse and then she fell from above.

The corpse was of a monkey-man who had a cut on his neck.

“I’ll take care of the message,” Sanya said, and taking out a knife, she approached the corpse.

The woman with a kind smile cut the stomach and not caring that blood splattered on his body and then took out a rope and tied the corpse by the neck.

Monique frowned with some disgust and revulsion at the sight of so much blood and didn’t dare to stop Sanya.

Not when that woman was smiling as she used the rope to tie the man by the neck, then dragging him to the balcony, she threw the man while hanging him with the rope.

The man’s entrails fell to the ground from the cut stomach as the corpse swayed grotesquely.

What the hell was she doing?

Monique was perplexed, but as Zaid was silent, she too maintained her silence.

The ease with which the woman did everything was eerie.

“I think that’s enough,” Sanya said with a gentle smile.

Her hands and clothes were stained with blood, but she still gave a smile... It was terrifyingly creepy.

What kind of psychopath got the reward? In the end, it was none of Monique’s business and as she approached the balcony; she noticed how people were running everywhere.

The screaming, panic, and crying were clearly audible to her and then, looking at the building in front, Monique used her third eye.

Not powerful enough to cut through the wall, but enough to leave a mark, and she carved Donovan’s name into the wall.

And then she left a war warning.

The city will be ours.

Monique smiled as she read the words she had left.

With the entity guiding them, not only could the city be theirs.

1