Chapter 23: Without Wondering
39 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 23: Without Wondering

Zack was traveling in a truck.

To be precise, a super heavy truck in which were about twenty minions of the child.

One minion was in the cab driving and Zack was in the baby carrier worn by the babysitter, riding in the back with the others.

“Behind us comes another truck. Do you think that’s enough?” The babysitter asked, watching the people.

They were bringing most of the minions with them, and it wasn’t because they were going to employ them to attack, at least they wouldn’t use it directly.

Zack was going to put his new trick into practice and to do that, he needed to have the minions to use the combined power.

As the strongest transcendental of all, he could use a small mental force to exert greater power than others could.

And now...

“That’s more than enough,” Zack replied from the boy.

He controlled the boy fully and then extended his control towards the twenty minions and then, as his senses expanded, he also controlled the people coming in the other truck.

They were about to go toward the Great Monkey’s right-hand man, who was living in the gambling house on the outskirts of the city.

“I’ll stay and take care of your body, young master,” the babysitter said, and after hesitating for a second, he asked. “Will you be all right?”

The truck finally stopped and Zack, controlling the minion’s body, sat them down in a meditative position.

“Don’t worry, babysitter,” Zack replied, and checking the purple trench coat the boy was wearing, he pointed to the camera on his chest. “You can watch as it will all unfold.”

The babysitter was nervous and fearful that something might happen to him.

The man was affected by the last time the situation was complicated, but for Zack that time, the situation was complicated because a transcendental woman had appeared.

Now, however, it was going to be different.

Getting out of the truck, Zack noticed the other truck and from the cab came down the heavenly half-breed who came to help.

It was night, and today the crescent moon did not illuminate the surroundings, and all was silent.

They were in some kind of forest where most of the mansions and illegal sites were located and nearby was the gambling house they had long ago gone to.

And it was in this mansion where the boy’s people were.

—You’d better not recklessly use your skill, Celes. The right hand is running the gambling house, but he is probably waiting for us. —The boy said in a serious tone.

The half-breed had a unique ability to stop time, and Zack would not deny that it could be useful in some situations.

“And stay back. I don’t want any hassle,” Zack added as he fixed his trench coat.

Today, he needed to test his abilities, and he didn’t need someone else bothering or intruding on his work.

Seeing the babysitter watching him, Zack smiled.

“I’ll be back in a moment.”

Along with those words, he lifted the half-breed with telekinesis and then lifted himself up, flying through the night sky.

The boy gave him direction and Zack floated in the air as he checked his body.

Tonight he would put his new trick to the test and, for that reason, the trucks stopped several kilometers away from the mansion.

Zack could define what was the maximum distance he could be away from his body, but the babysitter needed clear confirmation before he fought the Great Monkey.

“Are you all right, young master?” The babysitter asked over the communication system.

On his chest was a small camera that did not reduce the style of his clothing and in his ear was an earpiece that allowed him to communicate with the babysitter or the others.

“Yes. I’m wonderfully well,” Zack replied, shaking his head subtly.

The babysitter was too worried!

So to reduce that worry, he was going to have to give an excellent performance, and Zack smiled encouragingly.

Zack had not unleashed some of his power since he confronted the barbaric woman and while he could not fight with everything at the time, he could now act more freely.

While the mental strength of all the minions could not compare to the strength Zack had wielded before, for a transcendental like him, it was enough.

Soaring over the treetops, Zack noticed the mansion in the distance and instead of slowing down, he flew faster.

His telekinesis was one of his best weapons and moving fast using telekinesis to control his body was child’s play.

The speed of movement distorted the surroundings and then he appeared at the front of the mansion next to Celes.

Clients were in waiting, as were several members of security and the workers, and each of them was shocked to see him.

Then, looking at the boy’s face, they realized who he was and....

“Calm down,” Zack ordered loudly.

His voice carried a mental force that broke through the defense of those primates and controlled their minds, while also controlling the minds of the clients and the workers.

The workers were part of the child’s people, so he was gentle in controlling them and did the same with the clients.

He simply controlled them all, adding more minds to his already high mind power source, and Zack smiled as a controlling person opened the entrance for him.

“Stay behind my back, half-breed,” Zack ordered as he walked in.

Security had already spotted him on the cameras and inside they were surely preparing to greet him.

Zack, as he entered, noticed the workers and checked on them all as he continued to move down the hallway.

Slow, steady steps. He didn’t rush, letting the defenders prepare for his reception.

“Stop!

At the end of the hallway, five primates waited for him with their guns raised and ready to fire.

The rifles were large and the barrels slightly oversized, giving the impression that these were powerful weapons.

Zack watched and, instead of controlling their minds, gave a smile as he swung his hand.

The primates fired just as he moved and the bullets flew in his direction, but before the bullets hit him, he turned them into bubbles.

Then, as those surprised primates raised their guns, they blinked, stunned, as their guns turned into toy guns.

“Monkeys use toys?” Zack asked, walking back.

Zack didn’t understand why people were surprised when objects changed and the truth was, those weapons were easy to change.

He was the strongest transcendental of all and could control reality and change natural laws or twist perception.

Even though he was now extremely weak and had to use the mental strength of inferior beings, he could still perform these kinds of tricks.

“Is your boss inside?” Zack asked the primates, pointing to the door behind those monkeys.

Those primates realized that what they were up against was beyond their imagination and backed away as they nodded.

Zack controlled their minds to use their mental strength and then opened the door to enter.

Taking a step inside, they both entered the small dimension where the gambling room was located and this time there were no clients inside, but rather guards.

There were ten muscular primates in one corner and each of them was pointing guns at several men and women.

—Gloria...

The boy’s voice appeared in his mind, and Zack looked at the boy’s golden girl.

Blonde hair and golden eyes that released a dignified glow that evidenced her divine nature.

White skin, thin lips and slightly pale with fear... The woman was kneeling while a gorilla pointed a revolver at her head.

“You finally came, Donovan.”

A voice came from down the hall and an orangutan walking on two legs stood up.

It was two meters tall and fat, while the fur was brown and its arms were long.

“Is that the right hand?” Zack asked the heavenly half-breed, and seeing it nod, he muttered. “That’s disappointing.”

This primate was a Super, but unlike what one would expect from the ‘right hand’ of a monkey that several feared, there was nothing impressive about it.

The mental power was superior to others of its species and it seemed to have considerable physical strength, but it was still weak in his eyes.

“...”

The primates were silent, and the orangutan looked at him seriously for a second and....

“You are not Donovan,” the orangutan said in a voice full of caution.

“What gave me away? Was it my purple eyes or my magnificent presence?” Zack asked, letting out a dismissive laugh.

Zack used the boy’s body, but those attentive would tell the difference when he controlled the body or when the boy did.

The orangutan frowned as if he was analyzing, but Zack noticed that the orangutan moved his hand.

It would be a movement that would go unnoticed except that the other monkey-men, who were aiming at the people and the heavenly half-breed, acted.

Their fingers moved to the trigger of the revolvers and Zack stepped out of the boy’s body and into the body of the heavenly half-breed just as that half-breed stopped time.

Time stopped, and the colors disappeared, leaving everything in black and white.

The primates had already fired, and the bullets had come out of the cannons, heading for the heads of the boy’s people.

—Calm down.

The half-breed panicked as he realized that they all fired at the same time, but unlike the half-breed who had a slow reaction, Zack could think with greater speed.

And he took advantage of the four seconds left.

Using telekinesis, he turned the bullets all the way around so that they were aimed at the heads of those who fired and then moved the boy’s people to his side.

Then, with about two seconds left, Zack reinforced the bullets and increased the speed.

In the end, when there was one second left, he still had time left to move and realized that there were many people with hostages, because the orangutan wanted to leave the half-breed in a disadvantageous situation.

The half-breed, by stopping time, was still moving and thinking normally and in five seconds he would not have enough time to save the ten hostages and would have to choose between saving a couple of hostages or attacking.

Zack, however, was different.

“Ughh!”

Turning back to the boy’s body as time resumed, Zack noticed how the bullets pierced the heads of those primates, practically killing them on the spot.

And then the right hand was left alone, eyes widening in surprise.

“Stopping time is truly worthy of a heavenly. Even if he is a half-breed,” Zack muttered from the boy’s body.

The orangutan tensed his muscles as he schemed, preparing his next move, and Zack stepped out of the boy’s body.

His body was far away, but the way he controlled the minds of others was through his consciousness, and now he projected his consciousness.

The mental force of everyone he controlled shaped a purple figure and Zack, as he looked at his hands and moved his body, he realized he was in the child form.

“Let’s see what you’re hiding,” Zack muttered as he hovered.

He then turned to the orangutan that was about to attack and went into the primate’s mind.

The surroundings distorted and everything went dark. Then memories floated around him.

All the orangutan’s memories became available to Zack, and he searched through the memories for what he wanted.

It was too late today to go against the Great Monkey and while he was concerned about the brightest transcendental of all, moving fast and recklessly was not ideal.

So he needed to find the hideout and leave a front so the Great Monkey wouldn’t realize they had discovered his hideout.

Basically, messing with the orangutan’s mind and Zack, like any transcendental, was good at mind games.

******

The Great Monkey’s right hand started running through the forest while panting.

Even though he was big and fat, he was quick to move through the trees, and this time, he was running with all his might.

He had just escaped from Donovan... No, from someone who controlled Donovan, and now he was running to avoid being caught.

The right-hand monkey had prepared to confront Donovan and had detained the man’s former workers to use as hostages to threaten him.

For he knew that Donovan would come with Celes, who was very dangerous.

However, who went to meet him was not Donovan. It was someone more dangerous.

“I need to warn him... I need to tell him...” the orangutan muttered.

He was the Great Monkey’s right-hand man and like any loyal subordinate, he needed to help his boss and this time he decided to escape, as he needed to warn his boss that the attacker was someone powerful.

If it wasn’t for the fact that he was prepared to escape, he would never have made it, but he was the right-hand for a reason.

The orangutan comforted himself, telling himself that everything was fine... Without wondering why he appeared in the forest or how he did it.

Without wondering what had happened.

3