Chapter 26: Great Monkey
48 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 26: Great Monkey

Zack, occupying the boy’s body, moved through the trees.

They were in a jungle area with trees about twelve to fifteen meters high and vines were falling from the top, while the ground grew undergrowth that sometimes reached half of the trees.

Who was leading the group was the babysitter followed by the three enhanced minions and then with the heavenly half-breed in the middle followed by the golden girl and lastly Zack.

They had left the girl behind with the other minions, and the brighter transcendental would take care of both his body and the other minions.

Zack was not needed protection when he could watch what was going on around his body and, at the same time, control the boy, but the babysitter wanted to be safe.

They also left artifacts surrounding him. So, if anything happened, his body was going to remain unscathed, even if the entire building was destroyed.

“We have arrived, young master,” the babysitter warned as he stood ahead.

They didn’t go directly to the ruins, but instead went to one of the many entrances to the Great Ape base to infiltrate.

Zack didn’t care about the other primates, and while they were useful as a source of mental energy, they were too weak.

So the primary target was the Great Monkey.

Zack, occupying the boy’s body, moved forward towards the babysitter and noticed the secret entrance in a thick tree.

They needed to destroy the entrance if they wanted to get through, but that would alert the Great Monkey, so Zack, after making sure they were well hidden, got out of the boy’s body.

His consciousness did not manifest in reality, but remained hidden from the senses of those present and then, as his form was intangible, he crossed the entrance and, realizing it was an elevator, descended deeply.

The distance down was extremely long and Zack, getting bored going down, went back up again and watched the camera recording.

He felt the look on the other side and his consciousness shifted, moving in through the camera and out onto the screen where the camera was transmitting.

Two chimpanzees manned the security room and Zack, observing the surroundings, took control of both, but did not occupy their bodies.

Some warned not to look into the abyss because the abyss would look back... And this was the best example.

Zack, upon seeing the different cameras, gave the order to the chimps to turn off the alarms and also the cameras.

Then, seeing the 3D map of the entire base, he memorized it and mentally transmitted it to his companions.

Next, seeing through the camera the babysitter with the group, Zack gave the order to the chimps to open the entrance and then allowed the group to descend by elevator.

The Great Monkey base was buried underground more than a kilometer from the ground and the facility was gigantic, with wide, high corridors, huge rooms and halls.

Research laboratories, training rooms and armory with all kinds of advanced military equipment.

About five hundred primates who could exert basic strength and over two thousand employees were working, with ten supers on the premises.

Although the boy and the babysitter said the organization was weakened, their numbers were high.

“Where is the Great Monkey?” asked Zack, using the body of a guard.

The other chimp moved his hands across the keyboard and then one of the many screens projected the 3D map of the base and marked an area that was off limits.

That area was away from the base and to go to that place, it was necessary to move down a long corridor that was restricted to everyone, including the security system.

Was it the Great Monkey’s private room? Zack put his hand to his chin and ordered the chimps to project all the cameras.

Most of the workers were primates, whether chimpanzees, gorillas or orangutans, and even small monkeys Zack didn’t know about.

Some were in the rooms sleeping, others were in the research room or dining room, and the camera projected each location.

Zack stepped out of the chimp’s body and then moved to the screen that was transmitting what a camera was recording and then, as he entered the screen, he came out on the other side of the camera where it was recording.

Seeing the chimpanzees that were in the meeting room, he extended a mind wave and controlled them all.

The mental power of most of the monkeys was low, and they were easy to control, so Zack got on with the job.

He used the cameras in the surveillance room to move back and forth, controlling every primate he could find, and when he finished controlling the weaker ones, he went to the super ones.

Last, he left the orangutan who was the Great Monkey’s right-hand man, who was in a training room with other supers.

Moving around the chamber back, he appeared in the training room where the right hand was fighting against a gorilla, who was beating him.

“You bastard! You useless! How could you not stop, Donovan? You’re pathetic!”

The gorilla was screaming as he was punching the orangutan, and the gorilla’s strength was so powerful that with each punch, it created waves that damaged the orangutan.

However, the orangutan was protecting itself with greater dexterity, dodging the more troublesome blows and withstanding those it could withstand.

Then the door to the room opened, and in walked five highly equipped gorillas, as they looked serious.

“Did something happen? We got a message that the Great Monkey needed us,” said a sword-wielding chimpanzee.

The swordsman was a type of magical being that was tricky to control and the other four gorillas were either related to magic or had some mental defenses.

Not enough that Zack couldn’t control them, but enough to be a nuisance and they were all brought in by the security team he controlled.

The good thing about controlling the weak was that, being so weak, they could not resist and would obey any order, working obediently, using all their abilities to do his bidding.

Just like now.

“What, no one called them?” Said the gorilla who was fighting against the orangutan.

Was that three-meter monkey the new ‘right-hand man’ of the organization? Zack smiled at the sight of the orangutan and sent a mental wave with a single message.

—It’s time.

The orangutan, upon receiving the message, did not act immediately, but simply watched his companions and got up from the ground, approaching the gorilla.

His eyes filled with determination, and in a second, he attacked.

“...”

Without shouting or warning, the orangutan moved his palm-shaped hand and thrust it into the stomach of the gorilla it had earlier fought with, then sinking deeper, ripped out some organs.

This time he was doing it of his own free will and not because he was controlled.

While he had previously turned it into a sleeper agent, Zack, with his message, woke it up and the orangutan remembered everything that had happened and how it was controlled in an instant.

As well as the warning that Zack had engraved deep into the orangutan’s unconscious.

If he wanted to live, he had to kill all his companions and now everyone that Zack did not control was here.

“I’m sorry. It was either you or me, and I prefer my life,” the orangutan said as he raised his long arms, taking a defensive stance.

The other gorillas looked at each other and attacked at the same time, while the orangutan avoided the attacks or repelled them with a technique worthy of a martial artist.

He would deflect the blows or use the gorillas’ strength against them and Zack, realizing that the battle would take time, simply smiled.

He still had an entire organization to control before he crushed the Great Monkey.

******

Jonathan walked down the hallway, following the direction the young master had relayed to him.

They had already descended in the elevator and were now in the center of the base of the most important criminal organization in the city.

As one would expect from such an organization, the base was gigantic and sturdy, with metal walls and metal doors, as well as emergency gates that could seal off entire corridors or rooms.

There were also turrets that protruded from the ceiling and areas sealed off with metal gates that would drown those inside with poison.

And now...

“Go down the corridor ahead and then turn and continue. You will find the hallway to where I assume the Great Monkey is located. I sense a powerful presence in the area, so it must be him.”

A chimp with purple eyes that were coming out of the lab gave the warning, and everyone nodded.

“Master, don’t forget to steal all the information they keep in the computers and the base system,” Donovan said calmly.

“Yes, also steal the weapons or gold. It’s a criminal organization. I guess they must have gold,” Gloria muttered and looked around, wanting to move.

She didn’t like how slow the group was going and wanted to explore the area on her own.

“I’ll send you the route where they keep precious stones,” replied the scientist and, waving his hand, he ordered. “Now go. I’ll be along in a moment.”

Then the chimp kept moving as he walked around the area as if they were not criminals.

The young master had controlled the entire base... The criminal organization with turrets, highly guarded metal walls, traps and many people inside was controlled by one person.

Jonathan knew that Mistress Lidia or Mr. Austin could destroy the base or taking control, but they were adults all recognized whose strength.

In contrast, the young master was a child of less than two years old... One who controlled all the people, basically taking over hundreds, if not thousands, of people at a time.

“I’ll go get the precious stones. We have to steal everything. We can’t let them keep the money,” Gloria said, with sparkling eyes.

She was excited about the idea of precious stones that the young master had referred to and was watching him and Donovan, wanting one of them to agree.

“How about I give you a look? Or something? I’ll be back quickly. I’m quick.”

The woman spoke again more quickly and this time trying to convince Donovan, who gave a nod as he swung his hand.

Gloria disappeared like a golden flash and took off down the halls. Then Donovan sighed.

“She would not be quiet if she wasn’t allowed to go,” Celes muttered.

He was giving a half smile, and Donovan nodded in agreement.

The group followed the young master’s instructions and, after walking through the purple-eyed people milling about; they reached the main hallway.

The hallways were large, about seven meters high and four to three meters wide, and if the walls were metal before, the one in this hallway was stone.

Jonathan could sense a slight presence and danger from the bottom of this hallway in the distance, where darkness covered everything.

The Great Monkey was categorized as a Code Red, basically a super that could destroy a city on his own.

Although, compared to other world-renowned supervillains, he lacked the necessary strength, he was still a threat.

Jonathan tensed his muscles and his body trembled, trying to shift, while the voice in his head slowly awakened from the worry he was feeling.

What if the young master got hurt? The battle could cause a huge disaster and the repercussions could reach the young master’s actual body.

Lady Lidia and Mr. Austin didn’t hire him to endanger their son, they....

“Don’t be tense, babysitter.”

A sudden voice reached his ears and Jonathan, who had kept his gaze fixed on the darkness, turned, noticing the young master controlling Celes.

The purple eyes glowed radiantly and, as surprising as it was, Jonathan calmed himself as he met the young master’s gaze.

Lowering his head, he realized that his arm was threatening to change shape, and before he could say anything, the young master patted him on the shoulder.

“You don’t need to exaggerate, babysitter. I know you don’t like to show your darkness, so don’t. It’s not like it’s necessary. We’re facing a monkey, albeit a big one,” the young master said, revealing a contemptuous smile.

The way he was smiling, and the tone was full of contempt and superiority, was alarming, yet reassuring.

The young master knew what was wrong with him, but did not question to find out what it was all about, always maintaining privacy.

“Thank you, young master,” Jonathan replied calmly.

Jonathan understood that the young master was calming him down and comforting him so he wouldn’t worry too much or use his abilities when he didn’t want to, and it was impossible not to be grateful for that.

The young master nodded and as a group they continued walking down the stone corridor, advancing over four hundred meters and then, when they reached a kilometer, the corridor changed stone and became a natural stone tunnel.

The tension increased the closer they got, but the young master began to control Donovan’s body. He walked confidently.

The area no longer had spotlights or lights and was dark, but they, as supers, could observe in the darkness.

Also, the purple eyes of the young master lit the way dimly.

Step by step they advanced through the corridor that was getting bigger, increasing to over ten meters high and seven meters wide, then, after a long walk, they reached an open area.

It was a gigantic open area more than two to three kilometers wide on all sides and the ceiling was four to five hundred meters high.

The area was flat and there were no trees, so Jonathan could see the entire area and noticed a tunnel on the other side of the cave that was much larger than the one on this side and also saw the figure in the center of the area.

The Great Monkey was not a monkey similar to the people he worked with.

He had a chimpanzee-like face without as much facial hair, but his body was humanoid and as he stood up, he observed them with a straight back.

The gray skin had some small hairs surrounding the muscular arms that were close to being more human than some kind of ape and the creature smiled, revealing white teeth.

Five meters tall, muscular and huge, powerful enough to emanate a presence that frightened the trio of minions.

“I knew you would come,” Great Monkey muttered in a voice full of aggression. “Do you think I wouldn’t notice that there was something fishy going on?”

So he had discovered something in the right hand? He was probably on the lookout for any challengers trying to go against him, and Donovan had been making threats, so it wasn’t unusual for him to wait.

“All yours, babysitter. Take care of him and keep him from throwing his fecal waste at us. I don’t want to dirty up the battlefield before the real fight starts.”

Jonathan heard the young master’s voice at his back and he kicked the ground, propelling himself forward with all his might.

The Great Monkey let out a roar and lashed out as well, then the two fists collided.

*BOOOM*

The clash of two supers’ fists caused a shockwave that propelled both of them backwards, creating a crater in the middle.

Jonathan instinctively strengthened his muscles as he stepped back and noticed that he was the one who stepped back the most because of the mass and size of his opponent, who had taken advantage of him.

Still, he was not afraid and moved forward again, dodging the punch that broke the ground and catching his opponent’s arm apartment on the ground and threw him backwards.

The Great Monkey, falling to the ground, spun on the ground to dodge his kick and as he got up, he delivered a kick that Jonathan resisted by shielding himself with his arms.

“Ghh...”

The force pushed him backwards, breaking the ground beneath his feet, and he stepped back with his arms broken.

Just as the Great Monkey lashed out again, Jonathan raised his arms back up, which regenerated and again shielded himself from the punch.

*BOOM*

His feet never left the ground, preventing his opponent from using the size advantage to his advantage as he learned the way his foe moved.

Jonathan was an instinctive man and had been in countless bloody battles.

However, he was not a super of technique, but of strength, savagery and blood, and this time he proved it.

A kick from the Big Gorilla broke his leg, and the shattered bone recovered instantly, allowing him to get up.

It was the same with his arms that he used to protect himself or with his ribs, every bone that was broken by the force recovered the next instant.

“GRAA!”

The Great Gorilla roared in anger and, raising his gigantic arms, he interlocked his two hands, forming a fist and dropped it on his head as if it were a hammer.

The size of that big supervillain gave him an advantage and Jonathan, who was much smaller, did not back down, but employed his arms as a shield.

*BOOM*

When the blow hit, Jonathan fell to his knees, creating a crater, but unlike what the Great Monkey expected, his bones did not break.

His legs sank into the ground and his arms held firm, withstanding the Great Monkey’s strength.

Mistress Lydia and Mr. Austin gave him the job of caring for their son because they knew he was strong, and Jonathan knew it well.

“HAA!”

Jonathan yelled and propelled his legs, pushing the Great Monkey backwards, then jumped up and kicked him in the chest.

The Great Monkey backed up a few steps and before he could regain his stability, a blue-colored laser beam hit his shoulder.

It didn’t hurt him, but it left a mark and distracted him for a second, enough for Jonathan to punch him in the face, drawing blood and a tooth.

“Good job, babysitter,” the young master said, this time at Celes’ body.

Monique, who was at his side, fired her revolver at the Great Monkey and the bullets ricocheted off the body, then opened her third eye and sliced the stone off the ground and then went to the torso.

The laser beam this time was powerful and caused a subtle wound on the torso, but the wounds regenerated in an instant.

“Nuisance,” Great Monkey growled and rushed at the young master’s group.

Jonathan instantly followed, wanting to catch him, but the Great Monkey was fast for his size.

Monique threw the laser beam again, Sanya threw daggers, and Zaid stepped in front of the young master occupying Celes’ body.

However, it was Donovan who took a step and waved his hand, throwing huge debris to stop him.

“Useless...”

The Great Monkey destroyed the attacks with a swipe and as he looked across, he noticed the purple eyes of the young master.

It wasn’t subtle, but a radiant glow that blurred the surroundings as if reality were meaningless.

Jonathan stopped, as did the Great Monkey, and both could sense the presence coming from the young master.

The purple eyes swallowed them both in a sea of boundless purple mental energy, and from that boundless sea, two gigantic eyes appeared.

“Call her. Let the adults have their fun.”

The young master’s voice came out suddenly and it was like a thunderclap that struck Jonathan’s ears.

His mind completely shook and while he was not the target of the attack, he still suffered the collateral effect.

Though it was a subtle effect compared to the Great Monkey, who stopped dead in his tracks.

“GRAAA! GRAAAH!”

The Great Monkey roared madly, pounding the ground and throwing punches everywhere until he clutched his head, wanting to fight the influence that had just entered his mind.

However, the young master was strong.

In melee battles, he had no experience at all and could basically be defeated easily, but in mental battles he was above a master.

And now the Great Monkey was a victim of the young master’s prowess, similar to how Jonathan was long ago.

And...

“GRhh... MO... MO... MOM!”

The Great Monkey shouted at the top of his lungs in acceptance of the young master’s command, but what he shouted shocked both Jonathan and the others.

Had he just called out to his mother?

“GRAAAAAAAAAH!”

The response came from the tunnel on the other side, and the roar was so intense and so powerful that a shockwave reached them.

Jonathan felt his body react from the extremely powerful presence approaching.

It was superior to the Great Monkey, and it was at a level Jonathan had rarely seen... It was at the level of a Code Black.

1